Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2021 at 6:41 PM Last edited by kewpie : 7th May 2021 at 11:44 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Jump bug when downloads folder empty
I did 50/50 until all my mods were gone. I still had the jump bug. I removed my entire downloads folder, in case I accidentally put a mod into my CC folders.

Still jumping. What does this mean? Is my town corrupted and I should scrap it? If it is corruption, I didn’t do anything known for being bad for the game. The only unique thing about my game was the 3t2 traits.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2021 at 6:42 PM
What kind of jump bug is occurring? Are you getting an error log?

Call me Seth!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2021 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
What kind of jump bug is occurring? Are you getting an error log?

I don’t know how to get error logs or the kind of error. I’ll tell you what happens when I was testing.

Sim played with the synthesizer until he jumped out of the action by himself and wandered off. Before I did the test, he couldn’t talk or eat or do anything. I hadn’t seen this jump bug since 2004 and I only had the base game.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th May 2021 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I don’t know how to get error logs or the kind of error. I’ll tell you what happens when I was testing.

Sim played with the synthesizer until he jumped out of the action by himself and wandered off. Before I did the test, he couldn’t talk or eat or do anything. I hadn’t seen this jump bug since 2004 and I only had the base game.

Errors will pop up if you have boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true turned on, and error logs will appear as text documents in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2021 at 9:25 PM
I have no idea how this happened, but when I put the download folder back in, the jump bug was cured! The only thing I did was fix some messiness of my mods. I had too many nested folders and decided now would be a good time to organize my folders so it wasn't so hard to find anything.

I have some mods, like 3t2 traits that require other mods to work. I wonder if I was getting these errors because some mods were nested too deeply and the filename was too long. So it was like I didn't have all the mods I needed to make things work properly. Is that a chance? Can you get jump bugs from missing files?

I'm keeping this as unresolved until I'm sure that better file organizing fixed this. I also want to be sure the error is gone. I can't accept that "magic" fixed my game.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2021 at 10:57 PM
You could get jump bugs from mods that load in the wrong order, so if the problem sorted itself out when you got them back into working order again, that could absolutely have been the problem, yes.

Not sure if missing memories or missing traits could cause jump bugs if removed from your game.

(Not sure with traits, but if you have mods that contain custom memories, these should not be removed from your Downloads folder even if you remove other CC)
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th May 2021 at 11:44 PM
Ok it was probably stuff loading wrong order. Yay!!