Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 11:16 PM
Default Welcome To ARKHELIOS ! Who else is playing? What is happening with your Sims?
Who else is playing ARKHELIOS? Let's share what happens with the Sims who live there in our game. Please do not share anything that will spoil the fun of working out what the key is on our own. Took me a while to solve the key puzzle on my own and doing so granted a happy feeling of having accomplished something. I am totally in love with this little community and appreciate having backstories to build upon.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 4:56 PM
After finding the 'key' that unlocks the answer to "who dunnit" and why it is time for the community to find a way to move forward. While some may hold suspicions none of the Sims of Arkhelios know for certain who it is that took founder Abraham's life. The trouble is that most of the adults have tangled, not always pleasant or happy histories with one another. That, and there have been some rather strange goings on during thier decades of self imposed isolation.

Based on wants and wishes I have added all 3 vacation spots along with setting up a custom University.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:57 AM
After figuring out who the killer is, I play for the Durant family. They already have four children and Tabitha is pregnant with an alien baby. The war continues.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 1:18 AM
I'm playing it but I haven't finished the rotation yet, I'm currently at the Hydes house. I really enjoy exploring the lots and all the weird details
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
I'm playing it but I haven't finished the rotation yet, I'm currently at the Hydes house. I really enjoy exploring the lots and all the weird details

Yes! the details are fascinating. Each time I play tested in the recommended play order I noticed even more. Created a folder on my desktop to keep every so often keep a back up copy along the way. (Also using Mootilda's Hood Checker). Simply sorting out all of the family connections is an interesting project in itself. Helps to take notes while in the game using pen and paper. ARKHELIOS now has its own spiral notebook for record keeping and story notes which helps with keeping records and journals using notepad. These go into a desktop folder along with specific screen shots. I really like how with TS2 we can take posed group photos!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 3:47 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 30th Mar 2021 at 10:35 PM. Reason: I am old and slow
Oh no! Moving troubles. As time has gone by Sims have moved in and out of homes. Sims who have either graduated or dropped out of University have moved back home. A few Sims have moved out either into a new home or a shared home. And then there was an odd problem with Darcy Mishra, Adam Bellamy and thier infant daughter. They attempted to move into the Helios lot (Jealousy is a Disease). Cain has passed on, his daughter, her partner and twin children moved to a home in another town. The vacated Helios home was renovated specifically for Darcy and Adam. So, they moved out of the apartment and into thier new home. For some reason although they had moved in the lot remained in build mode making it and the family unplayable. So, I moved them our and into another recently renovated home. No problem. At the same time Narcissa Soileh moved out of her apartment and into the Fontana lot with no problem.

I'm thinking that the problem lies with the previously occupied Helios residence despite the fact that the Lot Inspector found there to (possibly) be nothing amiss. Decided to leave it vacant.

LATER: Attempted to add a new household to the community by moving them into the vacant Helios lot. Same thing happened. Map shows them living there, however, the lot remains vacant of Sims and in build mode. So, it is the lot (in my game) and not the Sims.

UPDATE 3/31/21 IMPORTANT LESSON: It was suggested that the mail box and trash bin may have been missing. These were present. However, the trash bin was at one side of the home and the mail box sat away from the curb. Moved both to the curb which allowed a family to complete the move in. Because many of us refurbish vacated lots this it is good to keep in mind that placement (location) of these objects can matter.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
Yes! the details are fascinating. Each time I play tested in the recommended play order I noticed even more. Created a folder on my desktop to keep every so often keep a back up copy along the way. (Also using Mootilda's Hood Checker). Simply sorting out all of the family connections is an interesting project in itself. Helps to take notes while in the game using pen and paper. ARKHELIOS now has its own spiral notebook for record keeping and story notes which helps with keeping records and journals using notepad. These go into a desktop folder along with specific screen shots. I really like how with TS2 we can take posed group photos!

I write down everything about every Sim, i have pages upon pages of notes by now! and a very messy family tree...
Whe I load a new family I look at all the member's personnalities, career and skills, memories and relationships. For the bigger families just doing this took over one hour before I could un-pause and start playing

How did you manage to finish the investigation so fast? (actually don't tell me ) I've been playing this neighborhood every night for a week and the first rotation is still not done
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 6:00 PM
I write down everything about every Sim, i have pages upon pages of notes by now! and a very messy family tree...
Whe I load a new family I look at all the member's personnalities, career and skills, memories and relationships. For the bigger families just doing this took over one hour before I could un-pause and start playing

REPLY: I also take detailed notes along the way! Really adds layers of interest and depth upon which to build stories going into the future.

REPLY: I do use the story telling in game photo albums to record certain events and to make notes during game play. Did not notice certain clues until after having play tested several times. ((LOL))

How did you manage to finish the investigation so fast? (actually don't tell me ) I've been playing this neighborhood every night for a week and the first rotation is still not done

REPLY: Took several play throughs. What I did was to properly play test was to start a fresh new game each time and then follow the suggested play order for no more than 2 rounds.

When the final version was released I started anew and began keeping a detailed record as the families and the community have evolved. Giving my elderly brain a good work out!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 6:38 PM
I set a goal to find and pull every Sim related to playable Sims into gameplay. Fitz Cowden is now in play along with his adopted son and grandson. The lot upon which his home was built is called 'Until The Cows Come Home". (shared with relatives because he needed thier financial input!) Leaving the Sims with family connections wandering about as Townies will not allow them to age properly. That, and, they too have a story to tell. Something that surprised me is that Fitz had has a note in his bio that explains some things! So, be sure to look at the memories and bios of these wandering characters! I'm currently at a point where aging is turned off until all of these loose Sims are reeled in!

Oh, perhaps it should also be mentioned that my game has an aging mod allowing Sims to live longer.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 10:38 PM
That's interesting, I suspected it would be the case but so far the only townie I've made playable is Sheldon Poindexter, who moved in with Melvin. But he didn't have much to tell unfortunately

I think the version I'm playing is not the final one, there are some name inconsistencies and some family descriptions sound like they're not finished
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 2:00 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 4th Apr 2021 at 3:14 AM. Reason: I am old and slow
ARKHELIOS Current Census Part One
Kaeileen Rivales

PARENTS:
Father: Osbert Yoxall
Mother: Jolanda Rivales

GRANDPARENTS:
Paternal Grandfather: Fitz Cowden
(Adoptive. Fitz was single when he adopted her Father)
MATERNAL: Giovanni and Emilia (?) Rivales

BROTHER: Tennyson Yoxal (His mother is Jobeth Ellsworth)

AUNT: Pia Rivales
UNCLE: Fabio Rivales

NOTES:

Dropped out of University after being placed on academic probation,
Both maternal grandparents passed while she was at University.
Returned home briefly.

Accepted grandfather Fitz Cowden's invitation to join his household.
(Unable to pay bills after spending his fortune on a new home and on a collection of expensive paintings; Fitz "generously" opened his home to family)

Note: Elderly Oriana and her teen son, Nickolas, also reside at the Fritz's home following Oriana and Ironman's divorce. (The family home was left to Ironman by his creator, Abraham)

The only work open to her is at the Power Plant.

Kaeileen is a few years younger than her Aunt Pia. She arrived at University when Pia, also a student, was in her Senior year. Kaeileen disliked studying and after twice being put on academic probation dropped out,

Giovanni and Emilia passed on while both Pia and Kaeleen were at University.

Pia along with elderly Jolanda and Fabio sold the family home and have moved into a smaller, refurbished home. The old Rivales home (Snakebite) is currently being turned into an apartment building.

IRONMAN and IRON LADY

Soon after his creator's death Ironman, having much in common with her, married Abraham's widow (Oriana).

Ironman had at the time been with Abraham during more than one marriage and had helped raise Abraham's other children.

Ironman had programmed into him extensive knowledge in the area of robotics. He also knew what he was expected to carry out in the event of Abraham's passing. It is his job to carry on with what Abraham had begun.

In the process of doing what was now his to do Ironman's first creation was a sentient female robot. They fell in love. Ironman divorced Oriana when it became evident that she was unwilling to share him with Iron Lady. His only regret is that, having custody of Nickolas, Oriana took the child with her. She knew this would hurt Ironman. Also, despite herself, Oriana had become fond of the little man.

NARCISSA SOLIEH

Ironman in obedience to Abraham's will invited Narcissa to return to the family home. She continued to wander about. Thankfully nearly everyone is used to her odd appearance and behaviors. Naracissa is known for using a telescope to observe neighbors and is also said to have used some spy device to listen in on conversations. There is much speculation about why did she appear as a normal, beautiful child and teen Sim? By the time she became a young adult Narcissa had begun to change, Her skin became gray, She became less able to walk properly. Her speech was often incoherent. Her father, Abraham, simply said that his daughter suffered from a rare congenital condition which worsened over time.

While her physical condition remains unchanged, Narcissa's mental state has stabilized and improved. She has made friends and held down a job at the power plant. In fact, she is doing so well that when she applied to adopt a child the application was promptly approved. Well, that, and she has a hefty inheritance.

Narcissa enrolled her little adopted son in Prep School. Ironman tried to take over his care Narcissa immediately moved out on her own. Narcissa and Adan now live in the group home managed by elderly Melvin Hydes.

KAMALANI BELLAMY

No longer a homeless townie owing to her friendship with Narcissa Solieh. Narcissa invited her to move into a sprawling mansion owned by a Robot (who is considered part of a family) At the time Kamalani had no memory other than having gone to college, She does know who her son and x husband are, Nothing more. She remained as a guest in Ironman's home for a month during which time she was hired as a healthcare worker, Kamalani moved out and into Hydes group home a few months prior to Narcissa and Adan moving into Melvin Hydes group home.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 5:57 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 4th Apr 2021 at 6:49 AM. Reason: I am old and slow
ARKHELIOS Current Census Part Two
ARKHELIOUS Current Census Record Two

RIVALES SIBLINGS

Parents: (Deceased) Giovanni and Emilia Rivales

ELDERS:
Fabio: Retired Coal Shoveler (Power Plant)
Jolanda; Retired Coal Shoveler (Power Plant)
ADULT:
Pia: University Graduate, Education Career, University Guest Lecturer

Fabio is the father of 2 children Jesse and Joseph Munoz. Thier mother is Alexandria Munoz

Jolanda has one child, Kaeileen Rivales.

Sold family home (Snakebite) and moved into a smaller, 2 bedroom home. (Snakebite is now a luxury duplex)!

Shortly after this move Fabio suffered fatal aspiration failure. He had been in ill health much of his adult life.

GROUP HOME

Following the death of his mother, Peggie Hydes, Melvin was fired from his job as a detective owing to poor performance. In other words, Melvin had not a clue as to what it takes to solve crimes. He was hired on at the Power Plant where he retired as a Coal Shoveler. Really, he was asked to retire when it became evident that he knew not one end of a shovel from the other,

The only way Melvin could continue to live in the family home was to allow it to be completely repurposed into a community group home. A place for homeless Sims, college graduates, college drop outs and Sims coping with divorce. Although he does not own the home; locals refer to it as "Melvin's Group Home".

Residents:

Melvin Hydes (Elder) Retired Power Plant Employee.
Jobeth Ellsworth (Elder) Scientist, Mother of Tennyson Yoxall)
Zane Hydes (Adult) University Grad, Gamer currently working from home,

NOTE: Zane and his brother Melvin do not always "see eye to eye". He is saving to be able to leave ARKHELIOS.

Abe Chun, Adult, College Grad (Apprentice Lineman, Power Plant Employee) Upon graduating from Sims State U Abe, because he does not get on well with some of his family, opted to not move back home. Abe dreams of becoming a Fashion Designer. He plans to leave ARKHELIOS as soon as possible.

Narcissa Solieh (Adult) (Hypnotist) She was not hired on at the Power Plant owing to her disability. However, her odd nature lends itself well to occult experimentation being conducted by ARKHELIOS scientists.

Adan Solieh (Child) Adopted son of Narcissa. (Prep School Student) He is a good natured child who is happy to be part of a family. Adan is protective of his mother.

Kamalani Bellamy (Elder) College Grad, Emergency Medical Technician. Thankful to no longer be homeless. Kamalani had no memories other than having been to College and of having failed at a career during her younger years. She is enemies with her son's father Osbert Yoxall.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 12:43 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 5th Apr 2021 at 12:58 AM. Reason: I am old and slow
Arkhelios Current Census Part Three
CHUN

Ian Chun's affair threatened his marriage while damaging relationships between himself and his children.

It has come as a surprise to see that, over time, the relationship between Mr. and Mrs., Chun has improved to the point that as elders they've recently celebrated a Golden Anniversary. However, the same can not be said for thier children who were upset by thier parents troubled marriage. After the 2 eldest children (Abe and Lucy) left for college the parents agreed to look into Couples Counseling. They regret how thier relationship and personal choices adversely affected all three children. Family life was improving - until Lucy returned.

Ian Chun (Elder) Retired Power Plant Employee
Elaine Helios-Chun (Elder) Retired senior Manager
Lucy Chun (Young Adult) Recent SSU Grad.
Nathan (Teen) Prep School Student
Izzy (Toddler) Alien Sim
(Thier young adult son Abe lives in Hyde's Group Home)

Lucy returned home with "a chip on her shoulder". She is unwilling to forgive her father and can not understand why her mother has forgiven him. Lucy pokes at Ian, slaps him and provokes arguments. After a short time Elaine intervenes asking Lucy to leave. Elaine wishes to spare the two children yet at home any needless upset. Lucy, who intends to become a City Planner. before leaving managed to land a job that promises to fulfill this wish. Lucy made no effort to get to know either her youngest brother, Nathan, or her half Alien sister, Izzy. She has zero relationship with her mother and -98 with her father. Lucy moved out 2 days ahead of Nathan's teen Birthday. She refused to attend her parent's Golden Wedding Anniversary.

Nathan Chun (Teen) Prep School Honor Roll Student. As a child Nathan craved more attention from his mother. He is now has a close relationship with his mother and is lukewarm towards his father. As a child Nathan wished he were an only child. So, it came as a surprise even to himself, how baby half-sister Izzy quickly had him "wrapped around her little finger".

As a child, Nathan was a Gifted Kid with a keen interest in Nature.

Izzy Chun (Toddler) (Child Genius) Her parents are Ian Chun and Zebreno Zebulon. Izzy has a remarkably high skill levels for a toddler. Her arrival has worked to bring her half-brother, her father and his wife closer. All three are both proud of and protective of little Izzy. Lucy is appalled and wants nothing to do with Izzy. She has never met big brother Abe.

NOTE: A program to introduce Alien offspring into the community is gaining momentum. Sims are rewarded for taking part.

Elaine Helios-Chun had hoped to benefit monetarily from her father Abraham's will. After all her son Abe was named in his honor. Elaine invested most of her time and energy into her work in the ARKHELIOS business offices in an effort to gain Abraham's favor. And for what? Practically nothing! It was Ian's decision to carry an Alien Spawn that improved thier financial situation. She and Ian are now planning to travel and to move their family into a nicer home.

Elaine's father is the late Abraham Helios, Her mother, yet living, is Diana Armstrong,
Field Researcher
#14 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
Elaine Helios-Chun had hoped to benefit monetarily from her father Abraham's will. After all her son Abe was named in his honor.

That's interesting, it did not occur to me that Abe was whort for Abraham, and it casts a new light on Elaine's relatonship with her father

Also I like the idea of splitting the big family homes into apartment complexes or "community" houses, with new couples forming and moving out on their own, possibly soon having children, there's a bit of a housing crisis coming in my hood. I will think this through once the mystery is solved.

I'm exploring each lot again and realized I missed some clues, also some nice details but which don't really give me any new info... I feel a bit dumb but maybe I'm going to have an epiphany
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 12:39 PM
Did anyone find the key yet?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 1:13 PM
I thought I did but turns out I have to think harder...
did you?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 1:19 PM
Yes, I found it whilst beta testing, there's a website to go with it. Very cool!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 9:07 PM Last edited by teafortwo : 5th Apr 2021 at 10:09 PM. Reason: I am old and slow
That's interesting, it did not occur to me that Abe was whort for Abraham, and it casts a new light on Elaine's relatonship with her father

Also I like the idea of splitting the big family homes into apartment complexes or "community" houses, with new couples forming and moving out on their own, possibly soon having children, there's a bit of a housing crisis coming in my hood. I will think this through once the mystery is solved

I'm exploring each lot again and realized I missed some clues, also some nice details but which don't really give me any new info... I feel a bit dumb but maybe I'm going to have an epiphany

GENTLE HINT:

REPLY: While there is a good sized , very interesting apartment building more housing can be needed ! I am enjoying the challenge that comes with turning big homes into an apartment , group home or duplex. The store has also been updated to make it more useful to the community, They can now buy clothing, games, greeting cards and more.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 9:22 PM
Default ARKHELIOS Current Census Part 4
DIANA ARMSTRONG

Diana is an elder employed as a Science Teacher. She has contacted her daughter, Elaine Chun-Helios. Her hope is to restore her family ties and to offer support to her daughter and grandchildren.

Feeling ashamed of her physical appearance Diana had for many years isolated herself on a tiny offshore island. She took in and cared for stray dogs and cats. And then one, day "out of the blue", she received a visit from an "old flame". Diana was astounded to find that anyone at all saw past her appearance. That anyone could love Diana just as she is was a life changing moment.

Diana gave her collection of strays up for adoption in favor of rescuing stray Sims. She first opened her home to homeless elderly Ascanio Jalomen. And then to a young college graduate, Corbin Senki.

Diana used her savings to move into the Luxury Duplex on the main island. Her apartment is set up so that she can take in adult boarders. Diana is happy to be doing something of benefit to the community.

NOTE: Now that Diana has moved I need ideas for what to do with that little island!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 6:34 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 6th Apr 2021 at 6:39 AM. Reason: I am old and slow
I've been wondering what others notice about the island upon which ARKHELIOS was founded? What do you see and what do you imagine?

The description tells us that no Sim has either dared to; or is able to climb the mountains partially shielding the island. They are quite steep! However, the mountains do not completely encircle the island. It appears possible to reach the shore line and row on over to that tiny island where Diana isolated herself. It also looks quite possible to reach that beached pirate ship and the nuclear power towers.

In my imagination the large many windowed building offers some shelter for homeless wandering Sims (Townies), a business office and more. It, I imagine, also holds some secrets.

The island has a unique climate and is quite barren.

How are you bringing what you see on the island into your Sims stories and into the community story?
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 11:48 AM
ok I really am dumb... I actually had found the right "key" but couldn't enter the website because of a capslock problem

As a matter of fact there's photographic evidence of at least two people walking around the moutains...
My interpretation is that the abandoned ship is the "ark" on which the founders sailed to reach the island (hence the name)
regarding Diana, well she's a zombie, can zombies swim? or maybe she wandered there as a ghost before she was resurrected
There must be some form of connection to the outside world anyway, otherwise how would the shop keep stocked with food when there's nothing edible growing (if anything at all) ont the island?
Theorist
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 6:28 PM
I am very intrigued about Narcissa's... existence.