Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 12:21 PM
Default Do my Sims keep their inventory after moving out of the house?
I wanted to move a family to a new house with all the furniture in their inventories. Will they lose it after "Finding Own Place"?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Luqi : 17th Apr 2021 at 1:28 PM.
I figured it out :D

Turns out you dont need to use the newspaper to move out an entire family.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 2:41 PM
I only use find own place when moving a single family member or playable roommate out and they pack a few things to take along in their own inventory when moving out.I do load a lot if an entire family is moving house like when a couple is moving from their apartment to a home of their own to get them packed up before saving the lot and moving them out using the evict family to move them into their new home.Everybody keeps whatever is in their inventory at the time they move out in each case.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 8:08 PM
Somebody more knowledgeable may correct me, but I understand it's better not to take beds and cars in their inventories. Just about everything else is OK though, as far as I know.

(I meant to post this about 6 hours ago. I just found it -- written but not posted. Sorry!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 8:21 PM
Anything that's ownable is best left out of inventory, but other than that, I always load up inventory before moving house.

Custom pictures - including photos - are linked to the lot and are likely to change to default or flashing blue when moved to a different lot. They don't always do it, but they do it often enough to be annoying. If, however, you take a photobooth photo and leave it in inventory until a sim gets to a permanent home, it imprints on the lot where it's taken out of inventory and remains until moved again. I've found this playing university, so I like to keep one romantic photobooth picture of a couple in inventory, leaving the rest in the residence for historical ambiance, and take it out after the wedding.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 6:43 AM
Just wanted to say that cars in inventory is okay, at least in my experience. Perhaps it's one of those things that varies from player to player, but, as someone who uses cars a lot and puts them in inventory quite often, I wanted to say that I don't experience problems putting them in inventories, even after moving.

Beds, though, pretty much always cause a jump bug that won't go away until it's deleted.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Just wanted to say that cars in inventory is okay, at least in my experience. Perhaps it's one of those things that varies from player to player, but, as someone who uses cars a lot and puts them in inventory quite often, I wanted to say that I don't experience problems putting them in inventories, even after moving.

Beds, though, pretty much always cause a jump bug that won't go away until it's deleted.

You should make the car 'unowned' before placing it in inventory, then it should be fine.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 4:28 AM
I've never had issues with beds being placed in inventories if not set to owned by any sim so I never do that if that house isn't their forever home as I've tended to not do that and it's never caused any issues with those.I've had issues with beds glitching one time where a new expansion got installed and my sims all reset.I use Mods to fix that by making them tired anough to go back to bed and the beds start working again.I've had phones become glitchy and can just replace those as they're never that expensive and are usually placed on a lot.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 7:58 AM
It's double beds which glitch out for me. I read it was to do with them being a large multi tile object.

It's no big deal anyway, I either bring it so I can see what exact bed and bedding to replace it with, or I just let my sims choose new bedding to match their new room.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...