Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 9:15 PM
Default invalid relationship with self?
what causes these to form? i routinely use hoodchecker and this is one of the most common issues it finds. the other one is something like "memory - sim does not exist: so and so met 0=0ABC3XD" (something like this, apparently it might be related to npc bellhops/something along those lines?

i have clean templates, know what NOT to do in the game, etc etc. i'm just curious about what "invalid relationship" actually entails. could these things lead to weird memories of a sim kissing/meeting itself down the line if they're allowed to "fester"? just wondering
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 6:47 AM
This error is harmless and is not a sign of corruption in the slightest. The game just automatically gives each sim a relationship with themselves, most likely to prevent the sim from somehow meeting themselves in-game (can't remember where I read that, though). In short, it's something miniscule that HoodChecker registers as being a problem, at least from my understanding. I wouldn't worry about it too much

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...