Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 1:31 PM
Default I'm making 'gothic' sim,some feedback,please?
Hi..
I uploaded a sim similar to this one,but she was rejected..{she wasn't unique at all..}So can anyone give me some tips?
I didn't gave her a name yet xD
{since i don't know how to upload image with posts,i will include them as a screenshots xD}
What do you think?
Screenshots
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 1:45 PM
Hi Devon! So glad to see you posting here!

My recommendation would be to remove all the CC first. Just look at her CC-free (including stuff like skin and eyes), no makeup, put her in a basic ponytail.

Focus on the sculpt of her face, because that's what matters most with sims. Maybe find a real person whose face you find interesting and unique and sculpt her similarly - don't have to go for exact since she's an "other" sim but it really helps in making a realistic and different looking face to have sort of a clear goal in mind.

And then just work at her that way - bare-faced and CC-free, until you get that "blank" version really unique and interesting, such that she stands out even in default skin/eyes/hair. And -then- add back on CC to her.

There's a lot of other good tips here: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...p:Creating_Sims

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:21 PM
Everything HP said, and for me, one way to get a unique sim is to start with the ugliest preset EAxis face there is, and then tweak it to make it pretty. Strong features aren't something to be scared of. I like that she already has a fairly strong jaw, but the rest of her features seem almost too delicate in comparison. Make sure you really explore bodyshop. Try changing every slider at least a little.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:24 PM Last edited by Devon99 : 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:37 PM.
Thanks guys.I really appericitate it Now I'm going to work on her face..I'll post some pics later ^^
EDIT:
After 30 minutes,this is what i got -_- I removed all makeup and all cc -- and changed lips,eyes,eyebrows,'pumped up' dat cheeks (my english sucks)..See images in screenshots..Thanks again guys.I though nobody will like to help me.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:41 PM
Where are the updated screenshots?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:52 PM
Here are they xD I forgot them!
Screenshot is taken with my phone and is in bodyshop.Sorry if you can't see her face clearly..I can't find Creator Feedback Forum on my computer o.O ('cuz i'm stupid)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:55 PM
Hmm, it look nice in bodyshop, but still, we need in game pictures to judge it fairly(my English isn't good either XD).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:02 PM
I'm on the phone currently,so i will add some pics later..gonna work hard on her xD
Dragonflysparkles,how you created your sims? xD Both are very unique *_*
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:18 PM
Just sent you a pm. Do not want to spoil nice thread by crappy off topic sim making advice.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 6:36 PM
Here are some pics of my "new looking" sim..What do you think?
Hope you can see her "new" face clearly...
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 11:58 PM
Now there's some improvement, but the cheek seems to be "pumped up" by the blushes, like HP said, remove all the cc first and make them as unique as possible without cc needed. And I feel like they're missing something. If you want to make the typical cartoony maxis-y sim, that's fine, but I think her eyes are too big for the nose and mouth, or the nose and mouth is too small for the eyes. And by the way, It would be more clearer if you can get a faceshot instead.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 12:43 AM
Dragonfly, your sims are gorgeous, if you explain how you make 'em I'd probably turn that into a tutorial. :P

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 1:09 AM
I'd like to second Nysha, Dragonfly! Devon, I agree with Dragonfly, I think her eyes should be a click or maybe two smaller, and her nose a click or two wider (at the tip and nostril area, not the bridge). I'd also try making her mouth a click or two wider. Like I said earlier, don't be afraid of strong features. Especially with a strong jaw, which I do really like about this sim
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 1:12 AM
What kind of explanation needed? I mean all I do is I tweak them sliders and put some cc and voila, sims!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 1:15 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread, but you just have an amazing natural talent for sim making then
Field Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
I don't want to hijack this thread, but you just have an amazing natural talent for sim making then

Neither do I XD
But one more thing, avoid face 1. Or replace the face 1 with different default. Say no to face 1.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 7:43 AM Last edited by Devon99 : 23rd Nov 2013 at 1:56 PM. Reason: #NewPics
I agree with Nysha and jones7659 ^^
Later I'm going to work on her again.Like you said i need to make her eyes smaller,lips bit bigger,and nose. bit wider..Thanks for help and advice
EDIT: Here are new pics..I got bored of her -.-
Screenshots