Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 4:48 AM
Hi again! So I recolored a painting and I messed it up how do I delete it and remove it from the game? I can´t find the file anywhere in my computer and I can't find it and delete it with the S2PCI either.
Can anybody help me please? I want to be able to create and remove the cc that doesn't look quiet well.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#52 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:15 AM
You should create a folder specifically for testing, it will make it much easier to find and remove.

But you can try sorting based on modified date, or try searching (assuming you put your user name in there somewhere).
Field Researcher
#53 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:05 PM
Yay!Now my cats can have their flag,framed.Because the flag of The Paws Of Righteous Harmony(or Cat Nation) deserves to be framed! =] Also,their coat of arms.
Thank you very much,$RaMRoM$.*Runs off very happy and recolours tons of stuff.*

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Test Subject
#54 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:28 AM
Thanks for this - this has come in handy for my houses colour scheme :lovestruc
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 12:46 AM
I have a problem,In options SIMPE, Sims2 installation folder destination comes as invalid
Test Subject
#56 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 1:14 PM
What is "tutorial folder"?
Test Subject
#57 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 9:06 PM
Thanks hugelunatic! Now I have another prob. I saved an edited image of a table as PND but it didn't show up at the moment I had to click import. It was the same table I began with, what could I be doing wrong?
Test Subject
#58 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 9:19 PM
Never mind! Now I see how that import button works !
Test Subject
#59 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 11:25 PM
Help pls in my SimPE it is only show 2 images in counter top... i cant see the others in the tutorial... pls help
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 3:45 PM
i looked at the price of photoshop and the first words out of my mouth...im not going to repeat.i cant afford that is there an alternatiave?
Test Subject
#61 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 3:31 PM Last edited by BlackAmera : 28th Oct 2009 at 3:39 PM. Reason: Figured it out
I really like your tutorial it is nice and simple, but I am a comlpete newbie and I have no idea how to use DDS-utility, I have tried to look for a tutorial that explains it but without luck. Can anyone help?

Never mind I think I figured it out
Test Subject
#62 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 8:07 PM Last edited by membears : 1st Jan 2010 at 1:19 AM.
Okay - I have downloaded all the required components and everything is set up and ready to go. Now, if I can get it to work with my grandma's brain, remains to be seen. But, I will give it a try. Maybe not today. Thanks for the tutorial.
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 5:42 AM
I'm wondering where the tutorial folder is? Also, I'd like to add new fabric options to a sofa and chair set. Is the process similar to this tutorial or is it completely different? (I downloaded Photoshop free for 30 days from Adobe)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#64 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 1:28 PM
The tutorial folder is something you will make to store your resources in while working on the project. New fabric options - Additional recolorable parts? Adding subsets is a bit more advanced than recoloring. If the mesh does not already have two parts you will need to edit the mesh in a 3d program. If you just mean have a recolor of sofa and chair then just recolor each mesh and use the same texture, unless it is a repository set.
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 7:01 PM
I tried to recoulor a rug from Pets AtomicKids or something like that. But it doesn't come out well in my game. I can't explain it in English really so I added to pictures to explain.

When I want to buy it:

When I have bought the rug:

As you see the edge is not correct.
Can I fix that? What did I do wrong?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#66 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 8:04 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 10:01 AM
How do I build DXT?
I used paint to make the image.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#68 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 3:27 PM
I'm not sure if Paint can do transparency, you might want to consider using Gimp.

Build dxt is used in SimPE when you bring your new image back into the package. RIght click the image and choose build dxt, browse to your image, make sure dxt3 is selected, and the second options drop down box to none. Then click build.
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 5:11 PM
But remember I use the wizard for this. And I can't select Build DXT in SimPE because I don't have the correct software.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#70 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 8:10 PM
ah ok, I think I missed the title of the thread. I'm not sure if the transparency is caused by wizard or you editing the image, I've never used the wizard before.

You could download the nvdia tools if you like, they are free. But otherwise make sure the image itself still has transparency. Are you using MSPaint or Paint.net? Paint.net probably does handle transparency. Your image should look like some sort of checkerboard around the picture area.

http://creativx.net/forums/attachme...aint-net-5b.png

An example of a transparent image in Paint.net. Does your image have the outer area as that checkerboard?
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 8:48 AM
No, it hasn't. But maybe I can do this with photoshop or Flash CS3 as well?
I use MSPaint. I already downloaded the nvdia tools, but it still didn't work (using MSPaint)
I'll try it out.
Thanks for the help!

Test Subject
#72 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 9:35 AM
what if we wanna make a recolour of a wall hanging with a specific picture on it? u know the kind you can get off photobucket or deviantart?
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 12:35 PM
I think it works the same way.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#74 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 1:33 PM
Mosh SimPE has a ... um Picture Studio? Not sure if it is called exactly that. But there are templates for it. Let me find a link..

Ok, it is called Picture Studio. LoL I do believe this only recolors the painting itself and not the frame. Be sure to read through the thread, I know some additional templates have been added. You may also need to go to the SimPE site and get the orginal templates.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=95015
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:45 PM
In which extension should I save the new image? I use Photoshop CS3 to recolor and in the example it is CS2 so normally it is a good image editing program and I see the checkers. also when the image is save on the desktop I can see that it is transparant as I move it over my wallpaper.
So which extension should I use? It doesn't work with gif. It should be an extension in which photoshop can save.
Please help I'm almost there.

Page 3 of 5