Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Apartments and Shopping, on the same Lot!

by MogHughson Posted 6th Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2014 at 6:18 PM by Nysha

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 178 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Alchemist
#26 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 1:38 PM
This looks really good. Are you thinking of trying to get home businesses to work for apartments as well?

Even this much is wonderful, thankyou again.
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:46 PM
i wanted to say thanks this way,i tried it and it works great,i love it...rev.jim...
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:01 PM
this is great. Apartments over shops have been around since ancient Rome, if not before.

Bellum in Gallia malum, sed in maetella taetrum!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
This looks really good. Are you thinking of trying to get home businesses to work for apartments as well?
Maybe - I think that's harder than this (which is no doubt why Maxi's disallowed it). Main thoughts are how to lay it out - presumably all of the Home owned business would need to be within the Apartment boundaries rather than in common areas or you could place anything. I haven't really looked yet, but it crossed my mind whilst making this.
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:35 AM
what a great idea! i don't have Apts cause i play on a Mac, but i just wanted to say WOW! it's fantastic that you made this a possibility. my PC playing friends are going to love this...off to email them this link!
Test Subject
#31 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:46 AM
This is AMAZING! I need to add this! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:59 PM Last edited by mocha0030 : 16th Jul 2009 at 1:12 AM.
can you make the makeover chairs spawn npc's?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mocha0030
can you make the makeover chairs spawn npc's?
I am currently working on that one - there is one thing I cannot make quite work yet, but when I do I will add it to the package. I decided it was worth getting the package up even without it in the mean time. Watch for a future update that will hopefully contain it.

Cheers
Mog
Field Researcher
#34 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:50 PM
Thank you!!!

btw, i made a lot using your wonderful mod! if you have time, you can check it out here. i wanted to make a beauty parlor instead of the Starbucks, but since you're working on it, i'll save that for the next lot. i really hope you can get it to work. thanks again for making this.
Test Subject
#35 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 7:07 PM
I downloaded this as soon as I saw it, yet another stroke of genius from yourself. I'm just about to start a little peasant village using this mod. If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions. Do the apartments need to be above the shops and is CC a bad idea, as in custom food bins/magazine racks? As my neighbourhood is medievalish I want it to fit in. I'll work with Maxis if I have to though, what a great mod, thank you. On a seperate note, I spoke to you before about a mod that I would like to see, as I'm here writing this now I wondered if you'd managed to look into that to see if it's at least possible.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladymiriam
I have a couple of questions. Do the apartments need to be above the shops and is CC a bad idea, as in custom food bins/magazine racks? As my neighbourhood is medievalish I want it to fit in.
The apartments do not need to be above the shops - that was just the way I imagined it. The only restriction is that the shops are not inside apartments - they must be in common areas or the community lot items will not work as they would on community lots - for example a clerk will not be spawned to act as a cashier if you put it in your kitchen inside an apartment.

Regarding Custom Content, I started to write a really complicated answer and then decided it was easier, for me and you, if I updated the thread to show which objects would work for CC too. In all cases recolors will work just fine. Click on the button that opens up the long lists of objects to see which ones will allow CC versions (clones) to work too.

Cheers
Mog
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:46 AM
Thanks for the update. This is great, hardly anything won't work and I can build my lot pretty much as I would like to. A million thank yous.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:58 AM
W-O-W!
Thanks a lot for this, Mog! Exceptional! Always wanted this! :D
You've inspired me to create all my lots now. xD
So now I am, and my high-street place is coming along fabulously.

Nintendo Freak
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:54 PM
Thank you for the mod and the idea! I also made a lot inspired by your work and uploaded it here at MTS, if interested - here is the link. Good luck with your project and thanks again!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 5:48 PM
thanks for this, i can't wait to try it out i'm actually moving next month to a condo that is built in this style - shopping district on the ground floor and condos above it, so i could recreate my new home!! very cool, thanks again. i know you are working on shop signs as well - any word when those will be available for download?
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:02 AM
Thank you so much~~
This makes the Sims 2 works like the Sims 3 to some extent.

Well, in my game the coffee stands and food stands work well, however the bartendar doesn't show up >-<(I've already used the nightlife version bars, all of them). Is that because I haven't installed the OFB and PETS?

Anyway, I really enjoy the change you've made to the game. Thanks again ^O^
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:30 PM
Woop! I enjoy this! I've always wanted an Apt. over a store! How many people have told you that you're awesometasticlicious? You should start a tally board. :D

"911, what's you emergency?"
"My goldfish drowned!"
"......."
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#43 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:51 PM
Talk about late to the party? How could I have missed this? You are inspiring me to build again - thank you so much.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#44 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:06 PM
You're a star!
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 2:31 AM
Hey, so I downloaded this today, (note comment from earlier), but when I went to go play, the custom content screen popped up and next to your thing there was an exclamation point. Is this bad? Should I not use it to make an Apartment-Store? I think it's a great thing, but I'm concered. Could you help me out? Thanks! :D

"911, what's you emergency?"
"My goldfish drowned!"
"......."
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:42 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 9th Aug 2009 at 9:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by foxun
Well, in my game the coffee stands and food stands work well, however the bartendar doesn't show up >-<(I've already used the nightlife version bars, all of them). Is that because I haven't installed the OFB and PETS?
There is one bar that comes with the University EP that should generate a bartender - it is the "Way Fluid Island Bar". The bars that came with the base game do not generate a bartender (even on a community lot). Can you check which bar you are using to ensure it is the one listed on the main post (click on "Show which objects will work" and then on "Show entertainment related items" to see the list).

Quote: Originally posted by WhatsHerFace
When I went to go play, the custom content screen popped up and next to your thing there was an exclamation point. Is this bad? Should I not use it to make an Apartment-Store? I think it's a great thing, but I'm concered. Could you help me out? Thanks! :D
The exclamation point simply means that this is a global hack - I think the text below the description of the mod in that window will say something like "over-rides semi-globals" or some such - which means the same thing. This mod is a global hack so that is quite normal.

Quote: Originally posted by kayleigh83
i know you are working on shop signs as well - any word when those will be available for download?
EDIT: They are available now here.

Cheers
Mog
Forum Resident
#47 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 5:24 AM
Marvelous!

Thank you.
Scholar
#48 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 8:12 AM
Perfect,will try it! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 8:47 PM
*Sheep* This is amazing! The VERY first thing I tried to build with AL was a trailer park with a small flower shop in front. But now I can finally get it to work!
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:41 PM
I'm having a problem. I have a lot like this that I got from another site. When I go into the lot its a community lot, so I put apartment doors on the apartments, and then I change the lot zoning to apartment based. When I go to move my Sim in it seems like it works, but when I get to the lot the only icons that will work are buy mode and build mode. Have I put the hack into the wrong folder, or am I not placing something on the lot that needs to be there?
Page 2 of 9