Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Apartments and Shopping, on the same Lot!

by MogHughson Posted 6th Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2014 at 6:18 PM by Nysha

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 178 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 2:04 PM
We have these here in the States, too, and I have great "blueprints" for building them, but wasn't able to. Thanks for making this! Now I can finally build some of the buildings that exist in reality. (Still wish I could have my Sims own a grocery store and live above it, but OFB doesn't allow that. :-( )
#77 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 7:42 PM
May I be the first to congratulate you on a well-deserved featuring of this download?

Congratulations!

Heidelberg: Sure it does. Open a HOME BUSINESS on a residential lot that is built with the grocery store downstairs and the residential section upstairs.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Alchemist
#78 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 9:44 PM
What a fantastic idea thankyou very much

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Forum Resident
#79 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 4:59 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#80 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 3:54 PM
Thanks, I've tried a lot of times to build high street lots but they always seem like ghost towns because the apartments above the shops were just for show but now that can change.
Test Subject
#81 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 3:18 AM
THANK YOU!!!! I like the mod!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 12:46 PM
A few days ago I finished a lot like that (it took six days of really hard work to perfect it) and when I moved my first family in there, it didn`t work.. :s Really annoying. So, I own you a big big thanks for this download! :D
Test Subject
#83 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 10:30 PM
uuughhh... My downloads folder is so full of mods... And my game will surely crash...
But this is so neat I must have it !!!

meow
Test Subject
#84 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 6:28 AM
Thanks, I've create apartment lots with mock community spaces just for the look and feel. It will be great to have them actually function! Thanks, this is fantastic!
Test Subject
#85 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 11:36 AM
this is amazing.
you are amazing.
<3
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 8:28 PM
This came right on time for me to try on my latest build, and it works perfectly. It would be nice if more people would visit the lot as if it were a community lot. Right now, only my playable sim and her guests go to the restaurant or cafe. I wish I could share pictures, but if you're curious, I've got an earlier version at the forum at sims2.ea.com. Just search: ianbradley26.
dodgy builder
#87 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 6:51 PM
I have tried this one, and love it thank you. Just what I wanted, and it seams to be working fine!
Test Subject
#88 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 4:34 AM
Thanks so much! I was looking for this! I love it!
Field Researcher
#89 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 3:41 AM
Oh, I missed this when you put it out. Thank you so much for making this. I can't wait to try it out. It's like having a new EP. I love all your mods. You make my game so much better. Thank you!
Test Subject
#90 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 11:08 AM
Thanks for this. It's really beneficial, especially since I live in China with my wife, and they have such style apartments here in ChengDu. It's so tiresome to always have to wait for the load screen to finish, just to finish another lot. I do have basically all the EP's, also the new The Sims 3, but as of yet, I'm not into it much for the lack of expansion packs, naturally. Thanks a bunch! 感谢 (Gan Xie)!
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 1:02 PM
thanks very much, I've always wanted to have mixed lots, can't wait to try this out!
Test Subject
#92 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 10:58 AM
hey could u please make an example lot??????????????/
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasssssssssssssse!!
#93 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:51 PM
syedasaraahmed, she already did.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#94 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:56 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#95 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 6:19 PM
Hey Mog...
First: great hack,i absolutely love it...
But could it be that it doesn't go that well with boolprop testingcheatsenabled?
I used this cheat from time to time,but on the Apartment Lots with Shops,the game always gets me the Error Message concerning the Apartment Door Controller

Can this somehow be fixed?It only appears with lots i built myself,could this be the problem?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosalie Bruiser
Hey Mog...
First: great hack,i absolutely love it...
But could it be that it doesn't go that well with boolprop testingcheatsenabled?
I used this cheat from time to time,but on the Apartment Lots with Shops,the game always gets me the Error Message concerning the Apartment Door Controller

Can this somehow be fixed?It only appears with lots i built myself,could this be the problem?
The cheat you mention simply means that you are aware of the errors that some object/Sim is having that otherwise would quietly go unreported and at most show-up as a "jump-bug" in Sims, or other animated objects, and not show up at all in more static looking objects.

You should have an error log, if you are seeing such a message. I suggest posting it either here or on an appropriate forum so that someone coud take a look. If it's the Apartment Door Controller as you say, I don't think I changed that, but it could equally be a conflict which my mod has caused with something else too. (Presumably you have done some testing with and without my mod and convinced yourself that it is mine that is causing the issue I guess).

Anyway, look forward to seeing what's up. If you post it on a forum, let me know the post URL and I'll take a look anyway.

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 1:49 AM
Mog, you never disappoint me. (:
Thankschusomuch! <3
I'm SO using this!!!! :D

graphic designer. how in the world do i still have this account after so many years?
Test Subject
#98 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 5:33 AM
I am thankful for this mod!! One thing though sometime I get the archetecture complaint. Have to start over, it seems to happen after repeated saves. Ha! I am still thankful since a mod should never have been nessecary. Curse their little rules Humbug, Ha Ha!

Jademessenger54
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jademessenger54
I am thankful for this mod!! One thing though sometime I get the archetecture complaint. Have to start over, it seems to happen after repeated saves. Ha! I am still thankful since a mod should never have been nessecary. Curse their little rules Humbug, Ha Ha!
Hi - not sure what you mean by the "archetecture complaint"? This is an error the game reports? Do you have a screenshot or copy of the full text?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Theorist
#100 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
No - this mod won't be able to get in the way until you get into Live mode with a family moved in. You say this was a residential lot first, but it sounds like you don't have a mailbox? The mailbox doesn't "appear" but simply changes shape when you switch to apartmentbase. What you describe sounds exactly like what happens if you start with a community lot rather than a residential lot? Are you sure you started with residential? Also unless you deliberately placed the trashcan and telephone booth, I suspect their presence also means you started with a community lot.

Yes thanx it was precisely the issue, sorry for bothering you. I must've forgot that the lots were community lots to start with, I really can't remember what they were at first. So although I remember trying to revert them to residential, they must've been community lots at first. When I tried your mod with other apartment lots that were correctly displaying as apartment lots, it was possible to revert them to community and then to apartments! I just wish home business was possible, but it's great as it is

People who download this, please take into account that when you make an empty lot, make it residential first! Then you can revert it to community or apartmentbase, but it has to be residential first, or it will never revert correctly in future.
Page 4 of 9