Replies: 298 (Who?), Viewed: 183380 times.
Page 5 of 12
Test Subject
#101 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 9:47 AM
Thank you so much! But how do I apply those to the normal Paint program in my computer?
Test Subject
#102 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 5:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylen
It's really pretty easy. You should have given it a unique file name, so go into your "Saved Sims" folder, compress it with WinZIP or winrar, and upload that.

Thanks! I figured it out, now I just gotta put the files up on my site! lol.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
3rd Oct 2005 at 9:26 AM
This message has been deleted by BrokenMatchstick. Reason: Figured it out myself
#103 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 7:41 PM Last edited by Random Dude : 5th Oct 2005 at 7:44 PM. Reason: for fun
where do u get body shop
Test Subject
#104 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 6:00 PM
You get bodyshop from the sims2 official website
Test Subject
#105 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 9:37 PM
Thanks so much! I always wanted to mess with clothes, but I thought it would be so hard. You made it easy! That wasn't hard at all! :D
If you know how or know someone who can tell me, I have all kinds of Halloween clothes I made I'd like to upload to this site, but I been having trouble. There are people(my friends) who want to download my clothes, but when I email it to them they can't download it, I zip the file and everything. So I want to put it on a website so everyone can download them. But I have no idea how. I'm sorry to bother you, but you made recoloring clothes so easy...I need someone to explain it to me in simple terms. Thank you.

.+~*SassyJahna*~+.
#106 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 6:04 PM
Hey, thanks for a great guide!
I just started using BodyShop a few days ago and I've managed to do some ok stuff! But I've got a problem. Everything has worked fine in BodyShop and I've clicked on the "Import-to-game-button" after each creation, but the stuff is nowhere to be found in my game! :sadpanda:
Tried copying one of the DBPF Packages from a female undies-project into my Downloads folder in The Sims 2. What happened was that when I was creating a female sim in the game and chose undies she appeared in them, however they were not among the other undies to the right and when I gave her another pair the ones I made disappeared for good. Am I making any sense? :umm: Hope you can help me!

Thanks again for a great tutorial! :nod:
And here's one little thing I made...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/...snowback4ye.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/...nowfront3oq.jpg
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#107 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyJahna
If you know how or know someone who can tell me, I have all kinds of Halloween clothes I made I'd like to upload to this site, but I been having trouble. There are people(my friends) who want to download my clothes, but when I email it to them they can't download it, I zip the file and everything. So I want to put it on a website so everyone can download them. But I have no idea how. I'm sorry to bother you, but you made recoloring clothes so easy...I need someone to explain it to me in simple terms. Thank you.

You can upload them here, and if they're the kind of thing that works for mts2, they'll get approved. I don't think you can just attach the files in e-mail, though. Only images. Sorry.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#108 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 7:37 PM
B.i.n.g.o!, B.i.n.g.o!
Test Subject
#109 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 9:27 PM
Thanks, I am going to try this, and if I figure it out, there goes all my freetime! Lol, I got so addicted to making clothes for the original game.
#110 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 1:27 PM
I LOVED IT!!!!!!I think its a great idea!!!
Test Subject
#111 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 10:48 PM
Thanks!! i've been asking everyone to help me because i've newly joined and don't understand it. WHAT OTHER PHOTO EDITORS CAN YOU USE???
THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") COPY AND PASTE THIS BUNNY! INTO UR SIGNAUTRE PLS!!
Inventor
#112 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 11:42 PM
Thank you so much for your helpful and easy to follow guidexxxx
Forum Resident
#113 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 5:01 PM
What a great tutorial!! I'm new to all this. Is there a simple way to take the texture from one mesh and apply it to a different body mesh? I'd like to have more selections in my custom body meshes without pestering the poor creators.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#114 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 8:16 PM
Well yes, although you should be cautious about using other people's work, and be careful never to distribute it without permission But you can also do this with Maxis outfits.

In bodyshop, create a new project and pick the outfit that has the graphic on it that you want. Be sure to give your project a memorable name. Do not import it into your game, hit the x or cancel or whatever you need to.

Hit cancel/x a couple times more, until you can create a new project again. Now pick the body (by SHAPE) that you want to try to put the other design on. Give it another memorable name.

Leave bodyshop running and go back to your desktop.

Now go to the Projects folder, and open the folder for the first outfit you picked, the one with the graphic you want. COPY the bmp files that are there (not the .project file, just the bmps). You should see your texture and an alpha and maybe a bumpmap file.

Now go back up to the projects file and go to the folder that has the 2nd project, the body shape. PASTE the bmp files into that folder.

Go back into bodyshop and hit the refresh arrow. You should see the design on the new mesh. It might or might not line up perfectly. If it does, give it a name and import it into your game. If it doesn't, you'll need to try editing it to make adjustments.
Forum Resident
DELETED POST
18th Nov 2005 at 10:13 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 18th Nov 2005 at 10:25 PM.
This message has been deleted by jmtmom.
Field Researcher
#115 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 1:11 AM
alright!! now maybe I can contribute back instead of always downloading!
(tho i seriously doubt I'll stop lmao)
Thanks so much for putting the time into listing this step by step for us newbies!
Test Subject
#116 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 9:07 AM
Now I can recolour not only clothes!!!!!kekekek!!!Thanks!
#117 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 6:10 AM
I need assistance, advice, or anything positive!. :shrug:

After recoloring with Photoshop, I "save as" with the same filename as a bmp using the 32bit resolution. Then I refresh the model in Bodyshop, and everything looks great. (I'm recoloring a tank top.)

So, to create a sim using the new colored top, I go to create a sim in bodyshop. When I select the recolored top, the edges are blurry around the neckline. I'm saving at the highest resolution, but it's still blurry. Have I maybe missed something?

Thanks!
~Cat~
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#118 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 7:53 AM
Look at the alpha file for your tank top. Maxis did a shadow thing on the edges of many of their garments, where they put black at the edges of them and then had them faintly show through on the alpha to make a sort of translucent shadow on the skin area of the sim.

What you might see on your alpha is that there is a dark gray ring around the outer edge of the white area that is the tank top. If you take a black paintbrush and carefully paint over the gray area and make the edge there look sharp white to black (antialiasing with a little bit of gray where they meet is fine) you will have a much sharper neckline. Other option is for you to put black on your recolor in the same place they did on the original.

To be honest, I think many times the edge shading the Maxis artists did looks.... smudgy and also extends much further onto the sim than I prefer. I like the shadows on my sims clothing to be a bit more subtle.
#119 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 8:54 AM
how can i get that paintshop thing?
#120 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 8:57 AM
anyine know whereI can get that paintshop thing? or is there other programmes i can use?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#121 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 10:00 AM
:google: is your friend.

Paint Shop Pro is one option, which has a free trial, and I see prices that range from $99 down to about $50. A version that's one version back will probably do you just fine. They have a free trial, but if you think you will never buy it's not necessarily wise to get the trial, you'll just get the hang of using it and need to stop.

Photoshop also works, and again, you might be able to find an older version at a discount, but its original price is higher.

Gimp http://www.gimp.org/
is FREE. You will want to use some of the tutorials to learn your way around the interface. In theory it can do everything photoshop/paint shop pro can.
#122 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 8:16 PM
Thanks tiggerypum! I'm off to see if I can "fine tune" my tank top.
#123 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 8:40 PM
Thanks again tiggerypum! It finally worked. Now I understand about the shading and how the alpha works. I see now that I'll be spending some time "fine tuning" my top.

Thanks again!
~Cat~
#124 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 5:38 PM
thank you I have bein doing it wrong this hole time owell thank you and one thing ma'm what is CAS
Banned
#125 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 5:14 PM
Can you tell me where I can get a free photoshop... can you give me a website?Please!
Page 5 of 12