Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 4:13 AM Last edited by Simdrew1993 : 12th Feb 2013 at 3:54 AM. Reason: Updated Project, Please read here and new posts.
Default Legend Of Zelda - Link Sim - By Simdrew1993
Hello everyone, my name is Simdrew1993, I am a Sims 2 custom Content creator, mostly known for creating my Ganondorf Sim and a few other Legend Of Zelda characters. This is my second version of my Link sim I completely re-worked my Link Sim and redesigned the face and sculpture I feel pretty good about this one and feel he is complete but I need final opinions to know for sure so I can make up my mind, I had made and uploaded my first one onto insimenator but he was incomplete, I had planned to upload the new one here on ModTheSims, I also made a Dark Link I was planning on uploading here as well, I just wanted to get peoples thoughts and opinions before I uploaded him, I know many people loved my Ganondorf, but now I need peoples thoughts on my Link, I've been told he couldn't get any better, and that he is the best Link sim ever made by a few of my followers. I have not gotten enough of peoples thoughts or opinions though, any feedback at all would be appreciated, Thanks

Here are some pictures, I wanted to make him look just like Twilight Princess Link. I tested him with his standard Brown hair and Blonde hair, and a recolor I made of his SSBB hair, he stays the same age even after aging to an adult and he keeps his youth, which was very difficult in achieving.

Ok here are the pictures.

This is the Sim of Link as an Adult, this is how the Sim looks when he is tired or when he smiles sometimes. As you can see here he looks nearly identical to his teenage counterpart. I like the way he turned out so far, he looks very similar to Twilight Princess Link:

Ok here is the face (Teen):
This is the Teen Versions face.

And Side View of the face (Teen):

This is a compilation of Link as a Teen, Adult, Toddler and Elder and many other pictures, this is only here so people can see the sim from almost every aspect.

My goal is to make the best sim of Link possible for Legend of Zelda and Sims 2 fans, one that looks the same at most ages even after aging, and one that looks the same as a teen and an adult, so far I have achieved that goal but if I'm going to finish him I need to be as skilled as can be to keep this, even the simplest change can make him look different throughout all age groups, which is something I wish to avoid. I used this picture as my reference mostly: https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...incess_link.jpg

Once I upload him I plan to make him available to everyone in different styles, I would release him as a teen but he will still look the same as an adult, so those that would want him as an adult could just open him in the CAF/CAS sim bin and age him to adult in create a Sim/Family mode, and you will have the option of his Twilight Princess (TP) Brown hair, or Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB) Blonde Hair.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, comments are welcome.

My YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/simdrew1993
My Sims http://simdrew1993.deviantart.com/
My Ganondorf Impression: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbqKxNM6IO0?HD=1
Batman Impressions http://youtu.be/hPYnW2AZdzI?hd=1

I make Zelda Sims, so please feel free to check them out!!! :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 8:54 AM Last edited by Simdrew1993 : 22nd Jan 2013 at 4:33 AM.
COME ON PEOPLE!!! seriously, it has been 2 weeks and not one comment, 530 of you people have viewed and not one has commented. I need to know, please someone, Is my Link Sim done, does he need more work, Is he good enough. Should I upload him here on MTS??? I seen 2 of you agree with me but I am not sure about what exactly? Anyway I give it another week and if I don't get a reply by then, then I will delete this thread and abort the project and decide what to do on my own, usually that is how things are anyway...

I'm sorry for what I said, can you all forgive me, and could we let this go, please. Anyway I appreciate the help and feedback you give.

Edit: And is it really necessary to keep clicking disagree and unhelpful so much lol, please could you all quit clicking disagree and unhelpful on this post here, I know what I said was not nice, but I said I'm sorry, I don't think I was serious when I said all of that negative stuff anyway. None of you are self centered and careless about others, so I apologize for saying that earlier. I was half asleep,goofy,Cranky, Stressed and tired, All kinds of Feeling from lack of sleep. This is an example to never use the internet when you haven't slept much. Now please let it go, this comment is irrelevant, and negativity towards me makes me very discouraged, it makes me lose self esteem, which affects my work, judgment and motivation, it puts me in a depression mood which would make me unwilling and no longer want to Sim altogether, and besides I don't create for myself, I create for all of you, because I want you to have great experience's with your games and enjoy them more. Now please pay no more attention to this post.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:32 AM
Sorry I didn't even see your thread, plus I tend to leave comments on sims to people who make sims. Looks good to me, but then I'm a lot builder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:38 AM
Now there's a way to get help. Insult people.

I'm lousy at making sims so I don't usually give input, but gee..... since I didn't bother answering your first post, I am accused of being self-centered and don't give a flip about anyone but myself....

here's what I can see, the lips need to be thinner, they're too pouty. The eyes, seem wide enough, but the outside of the eyes need to be straighter if possible. The eyebrows are too arched, they should be straighter. Are you using a mask? If so, what does he look like without it and the rest of the make up?

I don't know if you made the clothes, but the hair sticking out through the cap it is not something I'd download. The same goes for the sword's belt disappearing into the body.

Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:44 AM
See now I didn't notice the hair until you pointed it out Jaded, but yeah, hair sticking out of his cap needs to go.

Also why are there so many pictures, all we need is side-on of your sim next to a side-on of the character and a front of your sim next to the character. All those pictures are confusing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:50 AM
Rather than being 'too self-centered and care nothing about others', it is more likely that people didn't comment because either they think he looks fine as is (for instance, the ones who clicked 'agree') and didn't have anything to add, or because they don't know who the character is.

In my own case, both of those apply - I'm not familiar with the character so can't say whether he's an instantly recognisable resemblance or not, but I think he looks like a good resemblance to the comparison pictures, and he's also a cute sim.

ETA after two other people posted while I was writing this: Yes, I also didn't notice the hair sticking out of the cap and the clipping issue with the belt, so those will need to be fixed!

And yes, the sheer number of small, different pictures is confusing to the eye, especially the ones that are stretched out of proportion. It's best to just show a few simple side-by-side comparisons of front face, side face, and full length body.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sorry I didn't even see your thread, plus I tend to leave comments on sims to people who make sims. Looks good to me, but then I'm a lot builder.
It's alright, I am sorry I acted the way I did, Thank you. Oh and I do make sims.

Quote: Originally posted by JadedSidhe
Now there's a way to get help. Insult people.

I'm lousy at making sims so I don't usually give input, but gee..... since I didn't bother answering your first post, I am accused of being self-centered and don't give a flip about anyone but myself....

here's what I can see, the lips need to be thinner, they're too pouty. The eyes, seem wide enough, but the outside of the eyes need to be straighter if possible. The eyebrows are too arched, they should be straighter. Are you using a mask? If so, what does he look like without it and the rest of the make up?

I don't know if you made the clothes, but the hair sticking out through the cap it is not something I'd download. The same goes for the sword's belt disappearing into the body.
No no, I... I really didn't mean it that way... I'm sorry please forgive me... Uhhh...

Well, hmm ok I will see what I can do, Eyebrows are to arched? ok. hmm as for they eyes i don't know... yes a nose mask, the nostrils seemed a little too big, but just a little. That is the only make up he has is the nose mask. No I did not, rockxxshow made them. And tommytiger made the mesh's. I cannot help the hair problem, that problem lies with the hat mesh, most hair does that with the hat.

See now I didn't notice the hair until you pointed it out Jaded, but yeah, hair sticking out of his cap needs to go.

Also why are there so many pictures, all we need is side-on of your sim next to a side-on of the character and a front of your sim next to the character. All those pictures are confusing.
I can't help that though, that problem is with the mesh not the hair.

I don't know, I guess I just thought the more pictures there would be than the quicker I would get feedback and that way people would be able to see everything, I didn't want to make things confusing for you. So basically all you needed were just a few pics... *sigh* Ok I'll remember that next time then.

Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Rather than being 'too self-centered and care nothing about others', it is more likely that people didn't comment because either they think he looks fine as is (for instance, the ones who clicked 'agree') and didn't have anything to add, or because they don't know who the character is.

In my own case, both of those apply - I'm not familiar with the character so can't say whether he's an instantly recognisable resemblance or not, but I think he looks like a good resemblance to the comparison pictures, and he's also a cute sim.

ETA after two other people posted while I was writing this: Yes, I also didn't notice the hair sticking out of the cap and the clipping issue with the belt, so those will need to be fixed!

And yes, the sheer number of small, different pictures is confusing to the eye, especially the ones that are stretched out of proportion. It's best to just show a few simple side-by-side comparisons of front face, side face, and full length body.
I'm sorry! Your probably right, I didn't think about that. Alright, thanks, I'm glad you think so and like him. ^^

Well the Hat and the Belt are mesh problems... I'm afraid I know nothing about that sort of thing, And I don't believe the creator that made them (medrops) is active anymore.
So those will have to remain how they are, but if I make him downloadable people could always choose not to use them, and remove them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry everyone I didn't mean to say what I said.... I'm such a fool
This is more than I can handle, it's to overwhelming, I think I just lost all my self confidence and everything now, I already have heart problems and I probably just made it worse, its my own fault because I brought so much on you, and now my anxiety attack is making my heart hurt again, I never meant for this to happen I am not a person that enjoys any kind of conflict, or fighting, I never meant to say those things! or upset anyone. And I didn't say them in an angry way, I'm never angry, I was just tired and sleepy. That is what happens when you stay up for over 24 hrs. And I'm only a human, I'm not perfect after all, I made a big mistake. And now I hope you'll all forgive me, because I'm not one to ever forgive myself, I hang on to my mistakes forever. I will see what I can do on fixing him then, Thank you all for commenting anyway.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 6:37 PM
Aw, thank you for apologising. I know everyone can sometimes say things we don't mean if we're feeling a bit stressed, and it takes a brave person to admit it and say sorry.

Regarding the hat problem: Why not create a thread in Where Can I Find to see if there might be either another similar hat accessory which sits a bit higher and wider on the head so that the hair doesn't clip through, or else a hat hair which is already one unit so that the hat and hair already fit together properly? Or make him without the hat, like in the 9th picture in your first post where the original character is not wearing the hat?

Re pictures: Just take one clear shot of your sim's face looking straight ahead and another clear shot of your sim's face from the side, and place them next to pics of the original character also looking ahead and from the side. For an example, the way the creator has posted this pic of her sim and the person she's simming in the first post of this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=479095 . This way, it's easy to see right away whether any changes need to be made, without having to scroll up and down between various different pictures.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:14 PM
That's alright, I'm not one for conflict either-as you can probably tell. Try and calm down.

With the hat. You can't upload him like he is. Three options I see are 1) Make a wcif as EsmeraldaF suggested. 2) Check out creators who take requests and pm one of them who deals with accessories or hair. I pm'd someone for an object recolour I needed in a lot I am building and she ended up offering to make me four items! 3. Remove the hat and simply add a link so people can download it if they wish. I would only do that as a last resort as I think he really needs his hat.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Aw, thank you for apologising. I know everyone can sometimes say things we don't mean if we're feeling a bit stressed, and it takes a brave person to admit it and say sorry.

Regarding the hat problem: Why not create a thread in Where Can I Find to see if there might be either another similar hat accessory which sits a bit higher and wider on the head so that the hair doesn't clip through, or else a hat hair which is already one unit so that the hat and hair already fit together properly? Or make him without the hat, like in the 9th picture in your first post where the original character is not wearing the hat?

Re pictures: Just take one clear shot of your sim's face looking straight ahead and another clear shot of your sim's face from the side, and place them next to pics of the original character also looking ahead and from the side. For an example, the way the creator has posted this pic of her sim and the person she's simming in the first post of this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=479095 . This way, it's easy to see right away whether any changes need to be made, without having to scroll up and down between various different pictures.
Your welcome, I really meant it when I said sorry I would have felt horrible if I hadn't apologized, Your right, everyone, including myself can say things at times that they don't mean.

Well I've looked for a couple years now and still have never found anything similar, But I often miss things though to, Their is a mesh that is like what you mentioned a hat and hair together as 1 which would be perfect http://www.modthesims.info/d/423726
But the only problem is it is for The Sims 3, if someone converted that mesh for Sims 2, then all I'd have to do is recolor the textures and it would all be done. But I will probably go with your 3rd suggestion, with just the hair and no hat. But I may try creating that where to find thread as well.

Oh, ok. That is a great example! I should probably remove most of these pictures then and then just do that. I will do this whenever I can get around to it, hopefully not to long though.

That's alright, I'm not one for conflict either-as you can probably tell. Try and calm down.

With the hat. You can't upload him like he is. Three options I see are 1) Make a wcif as EsmeraldaF suggested. 2) Check out creators who take requests and pm one of them who deals with accessories or hair. I pm'd someone for an object recolour I needed in a lot I am building and she ended up offering to make me four items! 3. Remove the hat and simply add a link so people can download it if they wish. I would only do that as a last resort as I think he really needs his hat.
Oh alright, good
I'm ok now. But I really am sorry.

Ok. Alright. Ok, wow! four? that's very generous of her, well I've never made a request before. I agree that would be too much of a hassle for people so I probably wouldn't want to do that, yeah he does need it, so yeah that will probably just be a last resort.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so now I need to remove the current pictures, add a front comparison of both and a side by side comparison for easier recognition, and to compare. I also need to create a WCIF thread about the hat, and also I need to find someone that I can ask for a request, I'm not really sure who though. I really appreciate the help so far everyone

If anyone has an idea on a creator that makes similar mesh's to the hat, it would be great if you could help, I'm kind of in the blank about who I should ask.

Oh, and JadedSidhe, I made a copy of Link and I tried to follow your advice, Um as for the eyes, I wasn't really able to fix them, whenever I tried they like turned into Yoda eyes or something haha , and lips too pouty? not sure I understand what you mean, I adjusted them a little but could you please be a little more specific on how I should change them. And hmm.... as for the eyebrows Link's eyebrows are kind of Arched though, I'm not really sure how to change them without messing him up? I used this picture here for reference on the eyebrows and lips https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...incess_link.jpg
I also might have used this picture not sure?http://api.ning.com/files/CqCrere4p...6v57Aw/Link.jpg
As you can see here, his eyebrows are kind of curvy and arched, and his lips do look somewhat pouty, But then again the Real Link does kind of look different in many pics, so it is kind of hard because I mean it's like, what is right and what isn't, you know.

Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 12:54 AM
it's okay
Quote: Originally posted by Simdrew1993
It's alright, I am sorry I acted the way I did, Thank you. Oh and I do make sims.

No no, I... I really didn't mean it that way... I'm sorry please forgive me... Uhhh...

Well, hmm ok I will see what I can do, Eyebrows are to arched? ok. hmm as for they eyes i don't know... yes a nose mask, the nostrils seemed a little too big, but just a little. That is the only make up he has is the nose mask. No I did not, rockxxshow made them. And tommytiger made the mesh's. I cannot help the hair problem, that problem lies with the hat mesh, most hair does that with the hat.

I can't help that though, that problem is with the mesh not the hair.

I don't know, I guess I just thought the more pictures there would be than the quicker I would get feedback and that way people would be able to see everything, I didn't want to make things confusing for you. So basically all you needed were just a few pics... *sigh* Ok I'll remember that next time then.

I'm sorry! Your probably right, I didn't think about that. Alright, thanks, I'm glad you think so and like him. ^^

Well the Hat and the Belt are mesh problems... I'm afraid I know nothing about that sort of thing, And I don't believe the creator that made them (medrops) is active anymore.
So those will have to remain how they are, but if I make him downloadable people could always choose not to use them, and remove them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry everyone I didn't mean to say what I said.... I'm such a fool
This is more than I can handle, it's to overwhelming, I think I just lost all my self confidence and everything now, I already have heart problems and I probably just made it worse, its my own fault because I brought so much on you, and now my anxiety attack is making my heart hurt again, I never meant for this to happen I am not a person that enjoys any kind of conflict, or fighting, I never meant to say those things! or upset anyone. And I didn't say them in an angry way, I'm never angry, I was just tired and sleepy. That is what happens when you stay up for over 24 hrs. And I'm only a human, I'm not perfect after all, I made a big mistake. And now I hope you'll all forgive me, because I'm not one to ever forgive myself, I hang on to my mistakes forever. I will see what I can do on fixing him then, Thank you all for commenting anyway.

*places a comforting hand on your shoulder* hey, it's me from deviantart. I just wanted to let you know is that it's okay to get upset, even a little bit. some people do lose their temper when they are upset about some things.*smiles* and don't worry, no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes from time to time, even I do sometimes. just have a little patience with these people. even if modthesims doesn't accept your Link sim, at least you know you tried and that there are other websites you could put him up on, along with your other sims. I wish you the best of luck for your sims and your life.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 3:03 AM Last edited by Simdrew1993 : 17th Jan 2013 at 3:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by luvcatz94
*places a comforting hand on your shoulder* hey, it's me from deviantart. I just wanted to let you know is that it's okay to get upset, even a little bit. some people do lose their temper when they are upset about some things.*smiles* and don't worry, no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes from time to time, even I do sometimes. just have a little patience with these people. even if modthesims doesn't accept your Link sim, at least you know you tried and that there are other websites you could put him up on, along with your other sims. I wish you the best of luck for your sims and your life.
Hey, it's good to see you again. Thanks, I normally don't have someone to make me feel better. Thanks, I'm fine now. ^_^
But Your right! I need to have more patients I know, I really should have known better though, your right no one is perfect
still it is out of character and not something I would normally do, but I never really lost my temper just got annoyed is all, still I shouldn't have, I was very tired ,stressed, and impatient, I actually was so tired that I had no idea I even wrote that the next day until I saw that, I was like OH NO! now I have learned from my mistakes and will know not to do it again. True, even if MTS does not approve or like my work, that is okay, because I know the people that are my friends and followers do, thank you I hope your life goes well too and wish you the best of luck as well.
Today I am actually feeling a little better slight headache, not too bad like its been, when I feel well I usually can continue and be productive with my tasks, Hopefully I continue to feel better, my mind and ideas are very creative and are never-ending when I feel well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is still willing to help me, then I'd be very happy. I know it has been a while, forgive me for this, my life has been really busy lately, and I've been really sick lately, I've had horrible migraine headaches, I haven't been able to leave my bed or even let the light hit my eyes, it's been awful. Anyway project continued. Alright, now I have removed all the many pictures that I added ahah, yeah it was unnecessary for me to have that many in the first place. Now I have added a side by side view comparison of the face, front view and side view, I hope these are sufficient.

If you find anything that I need to change, please let me know, and please be as specific as you can, many people think I should release him as is, but I am unsure about doing that. As for the hat I've had no luck. I cannot find any similar mesh's and I even created a WCIF thread and didn't have much luck. Personally I don't think the Sword/Shield/Belt mesh's are that much of a problem, just that hat mesh, it has clipping issues with most custom hair and hair sticks through which is a problem, if we had a bigger hat, one that went a little bit higher up then this problem wouldn't occur. But if you'd like to help me deal with this issue please feel free
contacting mesh creators for a new hat mesh or something may be beneficial, if you help me I may even credit you for your help, depending on how helpful you are. Here is the original mesh: http://www.modthesims.info/d/128812
The creator even stated the issue and said that it does this because he made the hat originally for the Maxis Mop hairstyle.

So yeah, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 9:47 AM
Have you tried pming one of the creators who take requests? Maybe someone on that thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392615 will be able to help.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 11:18 PM
Have you tried pming one of the creators who take requests? Maybe someone on that thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392615 will be able to help.
Hmm... No I haven't, maybe? I viewed it and didn't see very many people that make, or work with already made mesh's, there were only like 2 people I seen that might, on page 3.

http://www.modthesims.info/m/4618963 MAB-2000

http://www.modthesims.info/m/1651364 VioletPadfoot

Unless I'm mistaking? I think these are the only 2 that I seen that mesh.

And Thanks for continuing to help me with this project.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 12:34 AM
You only need one who can do your project. No worries I like hanging around creator's feedback.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 3:46 AM
You only need one who can do your project. No worries I like hanging around creator's feedback.
Yeah I know, the only reason I listed both is because it's always good to have a plan B though just in case one says no, Alright well I wrote the original mesh creator since he doesn't have a policy, site Guidelines say that I must obtain permission before we can have someone alter a mesh. So hopefully we can get his approval, it appears that he is still active on MTS. Then after that I will probably PM VioletPadfoot. And ok cool

Scholar
#17 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simdrew1993
Hmm... No I haven't, maybe? I viewed it and didn't see very many people that make, or work with already made mesh's, there were only like 2 people I seen that might, on page 3.

http://www.modthesims.info/m/4618963 MAB-2000

http://www.modthesims.info/m/1651364 VioletPadfoot

Unless I'm mistaking? I think these are the only 2 that I seen that mesh.

And Thanks for continuing to help me with this project.

Hiya, I don't think VioletPadfoot is active anymore, I pm'ed her twice and she didn't answer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
Hiya, I don't think VioletPadfoot is active anymore, I pm'ed her twice and she didn't answer.
Hello. Really? Oh shoot, that is not good. And I still haven't gotten a reply from the original mesh creator for approval of modifying the hat mesh, but I think it says on the hat mesh download that he didn't mind people doing something with it, he mentioned that about the entire download I believe, so it should be okay. Thanks for trying to help. Looks like we may have to contact MAB-2000 then http://www.modthesims.info/m/4618963

Hopefully he can help, if not then we're gonna need to find creators on other sites that can, Because I think these were the only 2 on the list of Request creators that did meshing, but most people on the lists are inactive now on MTS anyway, which makes this even more difficult. Many people are wanting this new hat mesh along with myself, not just the people here on MTS. I've seen it requested before. People on DeviantART, YouTube, and a few other Sims sites want it too.

What we need is simple, if I knew how to mesh and had the software then I'd do it myself but, I don't. It would be very simple even for someone that is just a beginner in meshing, we just need the hat to sit maybe an inch or a few centimeters up, just a little bit more so that the hair will no longer stick through.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 1:37 AM Last edited by Simdrew1993 : 22nd Jan 2013 at 4:31 AM.
Sorry for double posting everyone, I really hate doing that... It's the only way people will know there is something new being said in this thread though.

Anyway, I have gotten approval from tommytiger for modifying the mesh.

I have also pm'd MAB-2000, Hopefully he replies soon and is willing to do it, if not then we're in the blue again. So now we wait.

Edit: Hmm, I'm starting to get the feeling Mab-2000 is no longer active either. If someone out there has an idea on where to find a mesher that may be willing to help, please feel free to point us in their direction, or you could always improvise and ask them yourself to see if maybe they could do it, that would help too.

Inventor
#20 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 2:24 PM
Um, Hi. I'm still active, but currently my list of projects is longer than my attention span. And Dizzy-noodles, sorry for not responding. I think I saw your PMs, but had something very specific I was doing and didn't respond immediately, and totally forgot. By the time you read this, should have PMed you back Simdrew1993: Modifying the hat to fit the hair shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Link me to the original hat and the hair and I can do this for you. Maybe it'll get me back in the mood to do some creating... I'm off to edit my post on the creators thread of my extreme backlog. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 10:05 PM Last edited by Simdrew1993 : 31st Jan 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
Um, Hi. I'm still active, but currently my list of projects is longer than my attention span. And Dizzy-noodles, sorry for not responding. I think I saw your PMs, but had something very specific I was doing and didn't respond immediately, and totally forgot. By the time you read this, should have PMed you back Simdrew1993: Modifying the hat to fit the hair shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Link me to the original hat and the hair and I can do this for you. Maybe it'll get me back in the mood to do some creating... I'm off to edit my post on the creators thread of my extreme backlog. ~VP
Hi nice to meet you. YES!!! This is wonderful news! I litterely thought the project died, glad to see there is still hope.

Ok here is the hat mesh: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=128812

And here is the Brown hair: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...nsims/malehair/

It is called Raon Sims Male Hair 14, you can download it from that page. The hair is a pay item on Raon sims website but it is all over the exchange and the Internet on thousands of sites now, So I don't see why they still even bother to charge for it anymore, they might as well add it to their free section, because now its a global download and most people have it. People download it from the exchange all the time.

Also here is the Blonde hair I used, it is a different mesh, and I believe this one is free to download by the original creator: http://blog.daum.net/saublog/89

Anyway we just need this hat to be slightly adjusted so that it will work with longer, or medium length hair styles more. Ok, and I appreciate your help and I wish you luck on doing this.

And by helping me your helping many other people as well, many people have been wanting this done for a long time but no creator has been willing to or made the time to do so, if you do modify this mesh and it no longer causes hair to stick through then I will add you to the credits for helping in making the Sim itself.

P.S.
You don't have to but if you could make the hat mesh more like the shape of this other Hat Mesh then it would probably work more with most other hair styles: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=423726

Inventor
#22 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 2:18 AM
My brain just went "Woah! Information overload!" But then I just woke up (Yes, the first thing I do when I wake up is hit the internet. And MTS is one of my homepages). I'll get to work on this as soon as I can, which might not be until Monday when I have the night off, but you should get this sometime soon. I'll send you a PM when its done telling you where to get it, and once the upload queue is open again I'll put it in as an upload. And you can include the file in with the sim when he gets uploaded, just link to my upload page when it gets approved (or to my website. That'll work too) ~VP

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 4:03 AM Last edited by Simdrew1993 : 1st Feb 2013 at 4:45 AM.
Ahaha your funny, I've had that happen to me before too. I've had moments where my mind feels like it will spontaneously combust because of too much knowledge and then I go dumb for a little bit and then go into Einstein mode, but I don't get it very often, I wish I did though I get all kinds of Sim ideas when that happens and I'm like 10X better at making sims and lots then. Awesome, thanks. Alright that's fine, Cool can't wait! This would be a better gift than anything I got for Christmas and my birthday combined! Anything for sims is always a plus with me.

Cool, yeah it would be best if included with the sim, because that makes it easier for everyone else. Alright I will do that, or I could link to both because I'm extra grateful.

Anyway, if you can seriously change this mesh and are able to make it compatible with most larger/medium length hair styles without hair sticking through, then your name will follow all over, I will see to it that people know that you are the one who remade it, and you will be known as the hero of time! (for sims 2) lol, And I could add a journal about how much you have helped by doing this, I could get all of my followers to view your website, I have quite a few Sims 2 custom content creators that are followers and maybe some of them would be interested in seeing your website.

Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 12:40 AM
Oh, I am so happy to see this. I find him to be really good, and I'm so glad someone else is tackling this project. :3
My only complaint is his hair and the hat, but it's not enough to not get me to download. Great job!

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Inventor
#25 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NintendoLover13
Oh, I am so happy to see this. I find him to be really good, and I'm so glad someone else is tackling this project. :3
My only complaint is his hair and the hat, but it's not enough to not get me to download. Great job!
If you go take a peek at the journal entry I just posted today, you'll see that the hair and hat issue is gone, or will be once I'm done tweaking the mesh ~VP

Page 1 of 2