Locked thread | Replies: 184 (Who?), Viewed: 7554 times. | Locked by: Reason: Good info in here
Page 5 of 8
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#101 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 11:38 AM
I agree, eyes smaller and nose larger, otherwise very well done.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#102 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 11:50 AM
Well done! She is very pretty! I have nothing more to say
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#103 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 1:34 PM
Looking good here, but before you rush to upload, we have a 3 to 2 on the eyes a bit smaller and the nose a little bigger. Can you try that for us?

The pictures I would like to see are 3 nice close ups - full face, 3/4 and profile.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#104 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 2:09 PM
4 to 2 I agree on the eyes and nose. But she's looking good

Sign my yearbook page!
Check out my Etsy shop!
"With the venomous kiss you gave me I'm killing loneliness" - HIM
-Jones-
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#105 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 8:47 PM
Good afternoon everyone, just got home. After reading everyone's comments I'm going to agree the eyes and nose will be worked on next. I will post 3 closeup pics when I get back on MTS. I also noticed I gotta update Sims2 Clean Installer since I have the old version. Be right back soon XD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#106 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:03 PM
I have here two close ups (in different light) and a few poses and right now I'm working on my third closeup with a background of some kind behind her. Hope you like them :D
Screenshots
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#107 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:21 PM
I like the first screenshot - shame about the window frame. I would like to see a 3 quarter and a profile at that same level of close up.

PERSONAL OPINION: I rarely like to see a sim using a pose from a posebox. I either get them to pose using the Bon Voyage poses or I use the freezer clock and slowmotion and use Maxis anims frozen.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#108 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:24 PM
I think a more expressive pose would be good. How does she look when disappointed? Horrified or amused? Those are all very neutral. Neutral is good for the main pic but the others could have more expression.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#109 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:33 PM
These two are outside by a car. One is closer though and too bad it was winter she was starting to look pale The second pic looked kinda fisheyed opps.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#110 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
I think a more expressive pose would be good. How does she look when disappointed? Horrified or amused? Those are all very neutral. Neutral is good for the main pic but the others could have more expression.

I tried disappointed, horrified and amused, she looked funny. Probably the reason why I didn't upload the shots. I had a huge laugh when I tried to get her to look like she was crying.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#111 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:52 PM
I agree with Jo, animated sims are fun. This is what I do. I use the freezerclock from treeag and make my sims run in slowmotion while having a conversation. Then I hit freeze. Like this pic. My sim was in a conversation but I wanted him to go "huh?" at the stool, so I had him and another sim talking and then moved the other sim .

See the layout - plain walls, plain floor, point of intesrest in foreground and sim looking at it. In your pics the point of interest is the simmer/viewer unless its an atmosphere shot.

Field Researcher
DELETED POST
Original Poster
10th Dec 2013 at 11:05 PM
This message has been deleted by Scarlet_117. Reason: Junk
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#112 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 11:48 PM
New shots up close! Enjoy! I neglect to mention earlier the final product will not have the pendant around her neck Unfortunately, I went to load her in the game and noticed it was flashing blue so I used the batbox to correct it then removed it before I took the screenshots.
Screenshots
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#113 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 11:56 PM
Profile pic please - you know, from the side :D

EDIT: Fear is good. Like that one.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#114 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefish
Profile pic please - you know, from the side :D

Left or Right?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#115 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_117
Left or Right?

Either? Both? Its just nice to see the sim in profile and 3/4 view.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#116 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefish
Either? Both? Its just nice to see the sim in profilie and 3/4 view.

You've got it!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#117 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:21 AM
How are these pics?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#118 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:41 AM
Looks like I'm having difficulties. How can I make a profile pic that is 3/4 view?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#119 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:47 AM
I believe that picture above your last post is 3/4 view.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#120 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 3:57 AM
Oh! Lovely! Indeed these pictures are good enough now, just remember to make the sim look at you.
If you want the sim to act more natural, use animation box like this or any of from here. Pick an animation and then you can pause or use the time freezer to capture the picture. It's quite fun

Regular poseboxes are helpful and pretty sometimes, but misusing it will resulting in unrealistic and akward looking sims. And when they say a posebox is for modelling, it really means modelling.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#121 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 4:14 AM
True Dragon. Anyway, earlier in a post I mentioned about the pendant that was worn by the Sim, I made a choice to not include it with the Sim when I go to upload her. It happened twice when I started the game then go to her lot and seen a flashing blue pendant around her neck. By the way the pendant came from rosesims. I'm sure there are other pendants out there. Or something that looks better.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 4:57 AM
The flashing blue can be usually be fixed by changing appearance by the mirror.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#123 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 5:07 AM
True. I want everyone's opinion, especially from a Moderator or an Admin, should I try uploading or wait?
Field Researcher
#124 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 5:12 AM
I just have only one thing to say, since you're using eyelash eyeliner, the eyes might be small but it looks too big, one or two click more would be good enough.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#125 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 5:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflysparkles
I just have only one thing to say, since you're using eyelash eyeliner, the eyes might be small but it looks too big, one or two click more would be good enough.

Then I would have to adjust the nose more. Her nose in Bodyshop is big enough as it is. Let me go into Bodyshop and get a pic than you'll see what I'm saying. She's gonna look like Fred Flintstone by the time I'm done with her lol.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Good info in here
Page 5 of 8