Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Shorter Teens

by Menaceman44 Posted 16th May 2020 at 3:23 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2023 at 6:43 PM by Menaceman44 : Additional Info

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 12
Scholar
THANKS POST
#51 Old 21st May 2020 at 4:18 AM
Second what all of the others have said. This is a great mod. I use the height sliders, but this auto will be wonderful in addition.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 21st May 2020 at 10:12 AM
great jobl ! It works for all the teen's already created ?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 21st May 2020 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loryah
great jobl ! It works for all the teen's already created ?

Read the "It is important to note" bit on the main post. It works for them but not automatically. There are a few small steps to follow to apply it to them as well.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#54 Old 21st May 2020 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
There is a way to edit the value. I'll have a look at putting a mini guide together tomorrow. It requires the use of s4pe since s4studio seems to corrupt the package if edits are made to it after the initial save.

Wow, thank you! I look forward to your guide.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 21st May 2020 at 10:11 PM
Thank you Life Saver!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 21st May 2020 at 10:50 PM
YES! Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd May 2020 at 1:30 PM
I have now added a seperate .zip that contains a text file in both .doc and .txt formats that explains how to edit the height with Sims4Studio to better suit your tastes if the default setting of this mod is too tall for you.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 22nd May 2020 at 1:32 PM
Thank you so much for answering everyone's prayers with making the teens look more like teens from the other Sims games!
Can't wait to try it out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 22nd May 2020 at 6:56 PM
OMG Finally!!!!! You are a true hero , I HATE sims 4 teen heigh from the beggining they just slimmer young adults ... Now I can finally enjoy and see them as a true teens . Thx really simple and good mod , changed all my sim in my world plus tested some animation ( like hug, kiss, play with toddler, cook etc) and all work so nice. I hope you can keep up this mod updated "forever" I can't play withouth this mod after that
Sorry for bad english and again thx! real life/sim saver
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd May 2020 at 9:59 PM
Default Muchas gracias! Es un excelente mod
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Este mod no afecta a los adolescentes ya presentes en el juego, tienes que entrar en CAS usando cas.editmode, y allí cambiarlos de género y de nuevo al género original para que se aplique el mod.

En los adolescentes nuevos yo sí noto la diferencia, no es drástica pero son algo más bajos que los adultos (supongo que una diferencia mucho mayor podría distorsionar las animaciones?). Puedes acumular el efecto usando además los "presets" de NiveaSims. Si aplicas los dos (el de la frente y el de las orejas) tendrás adolescentes muy muy bajitos!

Si es por otro mod en tu juego no siempre te tiene que salir un LE, prueba el método 50/50 a ver si hay suerte

Muchas gracias por explicar todo, está claro lo que debo hacer. Voy a seguir esas instrucciones.
Thank you for the explanation, it´s very clear. I will follow your instructions.

Y no importa si a mí me funciona o no, sigue siendo un excelente mod! Muchas gracias!
And it doesn´t matter if this mod works for me, it is still a great mod! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 23rd May 2020 at 12:49 AM
I LOVE this mod! Thanks! I do have a "better if" though: After changing the teen Sims height, they appear oddly lower in their profile picture in the lower left side of the live-mode UI. I know the children are also shorter, but the teens look a little off since the camera covers some of their faces. Can that be fixed by raising their image a little, or is that an EA thing?
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd May 2020 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TrueAI
I LOVE this mod! Thanks! I do have a "better if" though: After changing the teen Sims height, they appear oddly lower in their profile picture in the lower left side of the live-mode UI. I know the children are also shorter, but the teens look a little off since the camera covers some of their faces. Can that be fixed by raising their image a little, or is that an EA thing?

Creator sad that at the first page :
"2) Nothing can be done about this I'm afraid. The position of the camera that takes the face pictures cannot be modded. At least, nobody has figured out how if it is possible. I personally find it of benefit since I can identify the Teens easier"

so can't help about it at the moment but I think too this is acceptable "bug".
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 23rd May 2020 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zsuchan
Creator sad that at the first page :
"2) Nothing can be done about this I'm afraid. The position of the camera that takes the face pictures cannot be modded. At least, nobody has figured out how if it is possible. I personally find it of benefit since I can identify the Teens easier"

so can't help about it at the moment but I think too this is acceptable "bug".

Ah, thanks for pointing that out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 23rd May 2020 at 3:20 PM
Are there any animation issues??
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 23rd May 2020 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egnite987
Are there any animation issues??

Only minor clipping with a few animations but it's not really noticeable. They can pick toddlers and small animals up fine.
This is the same with ALL height related mods and sliders because of how the animations are set up in the game to only work on one size of Sim.

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 24th May 2020 at 5:50 PM
Well done!
Hello!
First of all, thank you! I have to say, this is an amazing mod.
One of the most needed in this game imho.
Like you, I've been waiting for this to come since the game launched.
I've used the sliders and followed the work of amazing modders who fixed it anytime the game broke it (Hello toddlers!).
Lately I was too busy to keep up, but now I come back and WOW...
you've done this!
Congrats man!
I know it's the result of many months of research, trials and efforts.

If you allow me to give just a little advice to fine tune this mod, I think you should make the male teen neck a little bit thinner.
You'll get a more realistic teen silhouette.
As you narrowed the shoulders, the neck appears a little bit too thick for a teen.
It could be more like this :

Anyway, you've done a great job!
Thanx again!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 25th May 2020 at 3:24 AM Last edited by DClick : 25th May 2020 at 3:43 AM.
Conflict Detector shows a possible clash between this and Khitsule's pointy ears unlocker, just so people know.

Edit: Did some quick testing in CAS- it looks like you can use them together if this mod has a higher priority. Human (didn't test on occults) teens won't be able to have pointy ears, but from my CAS test aging a pointy-eared child up to teen and then to YA it looks like they stay in the genetics and will come back on aging up. I didn't get any LEs or LUIEs, I'll report back if I get any during gameplay.
Test Subject
#68 Old 25th May 2020 at 3:42 PM
Hi,

Following the steps on the guide, I made the teens shorter using the max minimum value of 1 for both "offset" and "minvalue", But now the teen's bodies get wierd shapes (see picture):

https://imgur.com/a/KtUGFmD

squished heads, thick neck, bigger hands than the rest of the body and very thin hips

Is it normal or am i doing something wrong?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 25th May 2020 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 25th May 2020 at 10:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FullMetalAlchemist
Hi,

Following the steps on the guide, I made the teens shorter using the max minimum value of 1 for both "offset" and "minvalue", But now the teen's bodies get wierd shapes (see picture):

https://imgur.com/a/KtUGFmD

squished heads, thick neck, bigger hands than the rest of the body and very thin hips

Is it normal or am i doing something wrong?

I admit that I never personally tested setting the values to 1 as I never wanted my Teens to be as small as Nivea's preset. I do know that Nivea's preset includes some mesh edits as well which this mod does not include so that may be what is causing the difference. I am currently working on an updated version which should hopefully fix the neck issue to some degree at least.
If you want to play around yourself then you can alter the values of any other modifier in the tuning. To find the relevant entry in the Sim Data resource, take the modifier name from the Tuning, use s4studio's Hash Generator and set it to Decimal. Then take the output from the FNV64 result to find which entry to edit.
I hope that makes sense. If not it's because I'm tired and winding down for bed.

ETA: I've just set the values to 1 in my own game and I didn't get the strange distortions that you did. I'm not sure what would cause that. Have you tried with just your modified mod in the game with everything else removed to see if something is conflicting?

Test Subject
#70 Old 26th May 2020 at 1:49 PM
I admit that I never personally tested setting the values to 1 as I never wanted my Teens to be as small as Nivea's preset. I do know that Nivea's preset includes some mesh edits as well which this mod does not include so that may be what is causing the difference. I am currently working on an updated version which should hopefully fix the neck issue to some degree at least.
If you want to play around yourself then you can alter the values of any other modifier in the tuning. To find the relevant entry in the Sim Data resource, take the modifier name from the Tuning, use s4studio's Hash Generator and set it to Decimal. Then take the output from the FNV64 result to find which entry to edit.
I hope that makes sense. If not it's because I'm tired and winding down for bed.

ETA: I've just set the values to 1 in my own game and I didn't get the strange distortions that you did. I'm not sure what would cause that. Have you tried with just your modified mod in the game with everything else removed to see if something is conflicting?

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I don't feel confident to change too many values as I am not actually sure what i am doing and the mod will then affect all the teens in game..too risky for me.

I don't have any other mods installed except MCCC. I will do some other tests today and see if i can make it work.

Would you mind uploading your edited version?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#71 Old 26th May 2020 at 3:30 PM
I'll try and have a verson with the value set to 1 uploaded later today as well as a version that enables pointy ears for those that use Khitsule's pointy ear unlocker so that it won't matter that they conflict.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 26th May 2020 at 11:01 PM
Thanks to your feedback I have now updated the main mod to scale the neck down to better suit the Teen frame. I have also made a version that will keep the pointy ears modifier available for humans if you use Khitsule's unlocker. There are now also two additional files which will make Teens become the same size as NiveaSimsCC's Teen Preset. One of them has the pointy ears unlocked and the other doesn't.
Choose only one of these files as they will all conflict with each other.

Scholar
#73 Old 27th May 2020 at 12:49 AM
Wow, you did it after all!

So the height will now take place immediately at the birthday?

I will definitely use this mod. Thanks.
Test Subject
#74 Old 27th May 2020 at 10:34 AM
Thanks to your feedback I have now updated the main mod to scale the neck down to better suit the Teen frame. I have also made a version that will keep the pointy ears modifier available for humans if you use Khitsule's unlocker. There are now also two additional files which will make Teens become the same size as NiveaSimsCC's Teen Preset. One of them has the pointy ears unlocked and the other doesn't.
Choose only one of these files as they will all conflict with each other.

thank you so much....I am using the shortest version and it works perfectly! Now i can actually distinguish a teen from a YA
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 27th May 2020 at 7:06 PM
Amazing!! Thanks
Page 3 of 12