Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#476 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 4:28 AM
Rewatching Sailor Moon Classic (Season 1, 1990s Season).

The Australian season 1, volume 1 release of the 2010s dub added episode 24 "Naru's Tears: Nephrite Dies for Love" to the first set of episodes on disc.

Here in the States, as the first season of the series was 46 episodes long, it was evenly divided into 23 episodes per half.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Scholar
#477 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 4:03 PM
Watched Hawkeye the other day cos it was my friend's turn to pick. Surprisingly I really liked it I think it was the most enjoyable Marvel thing I've watched. Not that I've watched much of their stuff cos its not really my kind of thing. Anyway, I think they did it right.
Mad Poster
#478 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 1:48 PM
Just finished the first season of American Horror Story. Wow I loved it! It was brilliant! I mean it wasn't scary, I was expecting horror. But it was definitely good. Ugh the image of the flies coming out of her mouth is stuck in my head. I hope the second season is just as good, I've heard mixed reviews.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#479 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 3:17 AM
Actually not much of a TV watcher, twiddling my thumbs ATM while waiting for a solid air date for House of the Dragon.
Most likely will have a better executed ending that parent show Game of Thrones (which I will say had good ideas but mostly massively whiffed the landing) in that the ending of the show's main war (depending on how long the series runs for side-eyes Blackfyre Rebellions) has a definitive if very depressing victor.

However, will partially drop what I'm doing if Criminal Minds or Law & Order SVU come up in mom's crime drama rotation.

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS
Test Subject
#480 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 10:13 AM
Lately I've been obsessed with Star Wars, so I'm just finishing Obi-Wan Kenobi then probably gonna try to watch Clone Wars. It is an animation so I'm not sure if I'm going to like the series.
Test Subject
#481 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 12:57 AM
God, I've been watching Bad Girls Club lately. I feel like I'm learning a lot. About them, about myself, about the world, about all kinds of things.
Test Subject
#482 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 10:18 PM
Just finished watching Stranger Things, currently watching Season 3 of For All Mankind,
Lab Assistant
#483 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 2:50 AM
South Park
Mad Poster
#484 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 5:30 AM
The Lilo and Stitch saga.

Rewatching the movie from the beginning.

As the films and TV show between Lilo and Stitch and Leroy and Stitch were released out of canonical chronological order, the saga goes:

Lilo and Stitch (2002)
Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
Stitch! The Movie
Lilo and Stitch: The Series (65 episode series. Had to order through a Japanese seller and use a region free disc player, which is a grey area in today's market as streaming and importing are now overpowering the staggered release calendar prior to worldwide releases.)
Leroy and Stitch

I have yet to get through the series and Leroy and Stitch.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#485 Old 8th Jan 2023 at 3:50 PM
I really like the show Vera but its not on tv here anymore which is sad so I never got to finish the show. I liked it because Vera experienced character development that usually isnt a thing for female main characters I think.
More recently though I've been watching The Block New Zealand, its kind of meh though?
Scholar
#486 Old 31st May 2023 at 10:27 AM
Not sure about the real title of the show in english but its probably something like Gordon Ramsey: War at the Hotel(?)
The hotels he visits are a disaster and they really should have all been shut down forever ago. It's fun to see Ramsey be like !!!!!!??!!! about everything (says me who cries the second someone yells at me)
Scholar
#487 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 8:21 PM
Good old CSI Las Vegas is back on TV again, and you can bet I'm catching all them episodes!

The order of superiority for the CSI shows is obviously: Miami> Las Vegas> New York. Also they made at least 5 games???
Top Secret Researcher
#488 Old 3rd Jul 2023 at 4:00 PM
I finally started Orange is the New Black. I can see why it was so popular. It's quite well written.
Field Researcher
#489 Old 4th Jul 2023 at 9:51 AM
To the Lake (rus. Эпидемия) (pol. Ku Jezioru)
Fleeing from the epidemic, Sergey, along with his new lover, her autistic son, his own son, his ex-wife, his father, and a neighboring family, go to Karelia. There, on a small deserted island in the middle of Vongozero, they plan to hide from the threat of infection in a refuge ship that has been converted into a camping cabin. Against the background of a terrible global catastrophe, a cruel family drama is also played out. People who normally would never have been under the same roof must now unite to try to escape a deadly disease. On the way, they will not only face various dangers, but also overcome family troubles, learn to survive, and try to forgive.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38-mV480iLU

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Test Subject
#490 Old 10th Jul 2023 at 12:44 PM Last edited by algold : 12th Jul 2023 at 1:46 PM.
Completed The Wire. If I'm honest it did not live up to my expectations on reflection and I think The Sopranos was a better series.
Forum Resident
#491 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 10:45 PM
My Happy Marriage
Like the various Romeo and Juliet tropes, the Cinderella trope I enjoy as well. I watched this dubbed though but if I ever want to learn a new language that would be one of the ways to go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dURh9kVzcw8

Extraordinary Attorney Woo
I wasn't sure what to expect with this series but nevertheless I found the premise of it intriguing. It's quite entertaining, heartfelt and even educational. Woo Young-woo is so adorably cute and unique, and of course I'm aware that because there is a spectrum that all those with autism are different which is mentioned in the series. The acting is really well done and the English dub is good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxeXECe2t-c

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Mad Poster
#492 Old 16th Oct 2023 at 6:59 PM
The Simpsons, Seasons 1-5, complete and uncensored.

Regardless, collecting physical media that is mainstream and uncensored, or has special features exclusive to that disc is part of my collection Modus Operandi (I have 3 copies of the first 3 Wallace and Gromit films on DVD, each with varying extras.)

Currently, watching the Season 1 Christmas special. It was the debut as a series proper.

Scholar
#493 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Elynda : 11th Nov 2023 at 10:07 PM. Reason: correction
At the present I am following "The Gold Robbers" a long lost series from the 60s, which was on past my bedtime back then. It stars Peter Vaughn, who British viewers will recall as 'Genial' Harry Grout, the convict 'king' of Slade Prison, in the comedy series 'Porridge'. In this earlier role he is Chief Superintendent Craddock of Scotland yard, charged with investigating a big bullion robbery at an airfield. Each episode focuses on tracking down a particular member of the gang, while getting closer and closer to the 'big cheese' who organised the heist. It is very compelling viewing, and nice to see one of my favourite actors in a different role from the one he's become associated with. But he was a very versatile actor: I remember him as the voice of Denethor, in the BBC radio dramatisation of 'Lord of the Rings', and which I'm glad to say I have a boxed CD set of.

'The Gold Robbers' is being shown on 'Talking Pictures', to which my TV is almost permanently tuned these days, and which gives me the chance to revisit some old favourites and see some things I never saw at the time. Mostly in B&W of course but, British or American, it's all good stuff. And why is it that (even with my hearing not as sharp as it used to be) I can understand every word those old actors are saying, whereas with more modern stuff, half the dialogue is just a mumble and I have to turn subtitles on in order to follow what's being said?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#494 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 1:42 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Nov 2023 at 4:20 PM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Season 1

It's got an ensemble cast of Phil LaMarr (MADtv, Samurai Jack), Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants, Powerpuff Girls 1998 AKA Classic), Candi Milo (Dexter's Lab post-Cavanaugh, Cow and Chicken) and Tom Kane (Powerpuff Girls 1998, Wild Thornberrys, Kim Possible)

Phil LaMarr voices Wilt, a tall people pleaser who can't stand rude behavior, but is otherwise a gentle giant. His people pleasing trait can sometimes be his downfall. He is missing nearly all of his left arm and his left eye is damaged.

Tom Kenny voices Eduardo, an easily frightened, sensitive, protective, bilingual Muppet-like monster who speaks English, Spanish or sometimes switches mid sentence. Would never hurt flies (too afraid of them).

Candi Milo is the voice of Coco, an enigma of an imaginary friend who only clucks "Coco" as her language and lays plastic eggs with interesting surprises inside.

Candi Milo also voices Madame Foster, the woman who opened her Victorian mansion to function as an orphanage for otherwise abandoned imaginary friends. Madame Foster has a bit of a wild woman streak and it becomes more apparent after season 1. But she's otherwise sweet.

Tom Kane voices Mr. Herriman, Madame Foster's imaginary friend from her childhood who resembles a 6 foot rabbit in a waistcoat and top hat. He tends to expect very strict adherence to the rules and standards of appearances and maintenance of the mansion.

If there is a revival, Mr. Herriman's voice will likely be replaced, as Tom Kane suffered a stroke in the past couple of years and lost his voice, forcing him to retire.

Tom Kenny might get replaced. I can only hope that it retains the bilingual Cookie Monster tone Tom Kenny put into Eduardo in the original 2004 series.

Yeah, I have to consider that it's a 20 year old show and the times have changed since then.

Test Subject
#495 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 11:05 PM
I am currently "obsessed" if you can call it that, with Bar Rescue. If you've ever seen it, you're probably laughing at me, but it's shows like this that entertain me.

Sometimes I just watch it and laugh. And then there are other days when I feel like thinking deeply and it's a program that, believe it or not, makes me think a lot. One thing I always wonder is why many people who have an "unhealthy" relationship with alcohol would get into a business like this.
Mad Poster
#496 Old 29th Dec 2023 at 11:47 PM
Just finished Six Feet Under and was glued to the set. Now watching School Spirits and finding it intriguing and entertaining.

I recently rewatched Jane the Virgin and loved it all over again. Giving Crazy Ex-Girlfriend a little rest because I've only watched it a million times.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#497 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 8:52 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 7th Jan 2024 at 8:54 PM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
The TV series of Lilo & Stitch. The DVDs were from Japan. (I know a guy who hooked me up with the discs from the Japanese Disney DVD Library. ICYAW, it's dual audio and bilingual subtitles (original English and dubbed Japanese and English subtitles and two Japanese subtitle tracks).

I bought them new at a decent price along with the four movies, the original, the 2nd one, Stitch! The Movie and Leroy and Stitch (the TV series ran between Stitch! The Movie, which served as the pilot to the TV series and the fourth and final movie Leroy and Stitch, which concludes the saga and has a complete list of the experiments including ones not seen in the 65 episode run that have names that obviously were assigned by Lilo during her capture and rehabilitation mission of the 625 experiments that scattered to Earth in Stitch! The Movie.)

Mad Poster
#498 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 5:34 PM
Watching the last episode of the 3rd season of Staged (with David Tennant and Michael Sheen), and it's hilarious
(took me a while to get through the full series, even if it's quite short - it's a bit slowish in parts, but the 3rd season is the best one)
Test Subject
#499 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 9:35 PM
I am like. SUPER obsessed with Eddsworld ever since like idk last year and I still love it to this day-
Lab Assistant
#500 Old 14th Jan 2024 at 8:57 AM
I just started watching Peaky Blinders and have mixed feelings about Tommy Shelby.
Page 20 of 21