Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#126 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 10:23 PM
Hate to bring back such an old thread, but I found this on Duckduckgo and, after reading some of the other comments, I couldn't help but comment...

I honestly don't hate Angela, but I think the people that do would chuckle over what I did with her. Dating Dustin, a street hawker (or more specifically, according to my depiction, an "organized retail criminal"), just leaves her wide open to start getting into trouble; it's the perfect example of a good kid hanging out with the wrong people. So I had Dustin bring Angela along with him one day while he did his dirty work in Tom Nook's Shop (more on that later), and the two get caught and attacked by store security, whom call the police. Then I moved the two of them onto a roach infested lot called "Sim City Regional Juvenile Detention Center" and dressed them both in orange jumpsuits. Angela ends up with a violent cellmate (whom comes from a poor family and is incarcerated for stabbing someone) that is constantly beating her up and tormenting her, and Dustin gets a (male) cellmate that is always trying to flirt with him. The guards could care less about these activities and actually at one point cheer for the person beating up Angela (that wasn't even part of the original plan, that's just Sims being Sims, but I thought it was kind of comical).

In the end though, Angela and Dustin get released and put on "diversion", and the two split up. I intend to have Angela start dating someone from my Smyth family, old family friends of the Pleasants going back to TS1, and I'll put them both in the military.
Advertisement
#127 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 1:32 AM
Hate Angela Pleasant?!!!!?!!?!? WHAAAATTTT??! Haha no, I honestly like her.
Reasons why I like her:
-She's dating Dustin, they're true soulmates and work hard to make each other happy despite their differences
-She gets along and comforts her mother, who desperately needs the help
-She also gets along with her father, and loves him even though he cheated on her mom
-She's pretty
-She tries hard in school and really wants to be successful

I really like her, but I admit I like Lilith better :P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#128 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 2:19 AM
Well I don't like her as much as Lilith, simply being she is as bad as Lilith but tries to come across as Miss Sweet. So I think she is deceptive.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#129 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 3:37 AM
Aww. :C I quite like Angela. Actually, I do like both Angela and Lilith equally.. That's probably because I can relate to both in the sense of: Lilith was the girl whom I "wanted" to be - rebellious and badass - and really felt like - lonesome and like an outcast, especially in high school. Now that I'm older, and have changed a lot since my high school, I relate more with Angela - pretty and preppy, good grades, teacher's/boss's favorite.

Playtime-wise, I haven't really gotten a chance to play with him since getting back into Sims 2. When I was younger, I wasn't fond of playing the Pleasant family anyway especially with the lag. But recently I did send them to college with Dirk and my Lothario offspring of Don and Dina. :B Heh. They still hate each other.

I'm totally ok with that.
Test Subject
#130 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 10:00 AM
I don't get this hate for Angela. Why do so many people see her as the snobby, preppy sister to her special snowflake sister? She wants to be a fishing boat captain for Pete's sake! I like both Angela and Lilith, and I like the fact they appear to be so different from each other despite having the exact same personality and aspiration. I know the reason a lot of people hate Angela is because she is the only twin that has toddler skills, which implies some neglect of Lilith. But how is that the fault of a toddler? The people to blame there are mummy and daddy. Shame on you Mary-Sue and Daniel!
Instructor
#131 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:56 AM
I wouldn't say I hate her, but I don't particularly like her all that much either. The last time I played Pleasantview she got pregnant as a teenager, then left the twins with Daniel and Kaylynn while she went off to college. After graduating, she wanted to find the 'perfect' husband (I'd changed her aspiration to family by this point), but ended up so desperate for more kids that she slept with Darren Dreamer, the step-father of her twins' dad, and her sister's father-in-law! Then she decided that she needed someone else to help her raise the kids, so she got married to Dustin even though she didn't really care for him much anymore. So yeah, basically she was a bit of a whore. >.<

After I reset my neighbourhoods I decided to play her differently, and she's currently still retaining her 'good girl' status, and wants to be a professional chef when she's older.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Field Researcher
#132 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 2:11 PM
I play her a little differently each round. This round she is turning out to be not so nice, but she keeps me amused. As an adult she simvaced her mom's skills until Mary Sue died, and is planning to kick Dustin to the curb and raise their son along because she sees him as weak (he cried at her mom's death while she ignored it) but last round she was a sweet girl who felt that to make up for her family's flaws she had to be perfect. It all depends on where you decide to go with the story. Same with Lilith. You have to figure out if her rebel attitude is because she was neglected, because she has a learning deficiency, or because she actually is evil, I've played her as all of those. But even when my sims are 'bad/evil' I don't hate them. I love my simmies but no way they can all get perfect lives.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 2:28 PM
I don't necessarily hate her, but I prefer Lilith as she's not a girly girl (I can't stand girly types). I always play them as nice girls, albeit, with neglecting parents.

I once read how someone saw both girls as trying to get attention from their parents in different ways. Lilith rebelled and did poorly at school, while Angela tried to be all perfect, good grades to get their affection (but neither approach worked). I ran with that idea my last play in my megahood, and both girls turned out fine and even became best friends with each other during college. Neither ended up with the guy that she was with in high school, finding 3 bolts instead in college.

My LJ / My Simblr
Formerly known as ShadowsMystery
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 2:37 PM
I think Angela gets too bad a rap sometimes. True, most of the time in my game she will constantly beat on Lilith as soon as the load loads, but I think this is more a problem with action queuing and Lilith usually crying after an attack, allowing another slap to be queued (I got a mod to remove the crying, so it's a bit more balanced now). Most of the time Lilith will only get hit because she was distracted trying to attack Daniel, and twice I've seen Lilith make the first strike on Angela upon lot load. The real problem is that Lilith has so many bad relationships that they'll often gang up on her and prevent her from escaping until a high-priority event happens, but that's a bit of a tangent.

There was one story I read where Lilith was pretty blatantly abused physically and emotionally, and Angela was framing her to get her punished. Good so far. But then Angela was sent to the hospital after a drinking binge, forcing the truth to come out, and everyone, including doctors and nurses, treated her like a dangerous demon that needed to be restrained (I'm pretty sure the word demon was actually used). Spoilered because of a description of physical and emotional abuse toward a teen:

I agree that it really feels like Lilith was abused (see: no toddler skills). But the appropriate response isn't to torture Angela instead! I try to focus my energy into helping Lilith; it doesn't necessarily mean she'll ever reconcile with her family, but it's better than giving her a shiny perfect life while Angela is eaten by flies. I do tend to give Angela a rougher start to her adult life, though, if only to round out the Pleasant anger (Daniel will be hated by everyone because he had an affair, so that leaves making Mary-Sue and Angela hate each other). I'm going to try not playing too hard into the drama on my next Pleasant run...if only because my self-imposed rule is that I can't separate the twins into different houses.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 2:46 PM
I always used to find Lilith really irritating because she was constantly causing trouble, but I'm currently playing Pleasantview on rotation for the first time. Herb and Coral both got dementia (random event roll) so Mary Sue moved in to take full time care of them. Not living with Lilith anymore, the only contact they had was over the phone so they now get on very well - and she also comes round to visit her grandparents a lot. Angela on the other hand often starts the fights these days and has little relationship with Herb, Coral, or Mary Sue.
Also Angela started flirting with Dirk when Lilith wasn't in the room and they are now together, so she's definitely not the perfect princess that she appeared when she first started out. That said, I don't hate her - she's an interesting character and I think she'll do well. I just like Lilith more.
Theorist
#136 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 2:14 AM
Angela, is evil...seriously. Talk about mean spirited.

Lilith, has always been my favorite...and she really does start to thrive, once she is not under the same roof as, Angela.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#137 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:50 AM
BURN THE WITCH!!!

IMO I don't know why so many people hate her, both of them seem fine to me.
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:26 PM
I really don't mind Angela. In my head canon she started seeing Dustin to get attention from her parents, and then started feeling sorry for him, and from there she formed an attachment to him that was difficult to break, despite herself always thinking she could do better. She loves Dustin and feels guilty for thinking this, so she makes up for it by trying to be the perfect wife and mother and homeowner, and has now unwillingly turned her marriage into one as forced as her parents.

Angela was always the meaner one of the twins in my game though; always trying to shove Lillith who just wanted to dance!
Field Researcher
#139 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowsMystery
I once read how someone saw both girls as trying to get attention from their parents in different ways. Lilith rebelled and did poorly at school, while Angela tried to be all perfect, good grades to get their affection (but neither approach worked). I ran with that idea my last play in my megahood, and both girls turned out fine and even became best friends with each other during college. Neither ended up with the guy that she was with in high school, finding 3 bolts instead in college.

This may have me, haha. This has always been my own head canon for the girls and I like both the twins. I always end up fixing the relationship between the two because I feel like with such selfish, terrible parents, the two would have to eventually realize that the only allies they have in that house are each other.

I don't get all the hate for Angela or Lilith. It seems to me that both girls are very sad, neglected and desperate for attention.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 5:55 PM Last edited by gazania : 8th Apr 2013 at 3:54 AM.
I don't hate Angela at all. I remade her, though. She's elegant, intelligent, but definitely NOT perfect. Lilith brought out the rebel in Angela ... just a little.And I also fixed the relationship between the two girls. They are finding that working as a team to keep their sanity and move ahead has its benefits. And yes, it's good for just a little revenge on the parents.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#141 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 1:42 AM
When I realized that the fights usually were STARTED by Angela, I tweeked her personality, made her totally mean. But that was OK cause I pumped up Lillith (she's a natural athlete), and have a very logical mod that will make that cause her to win fights. You gonna be sorry, sister! PS: elegant? they are both ugly.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#142 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 1:53 AM
Elegant is a style, not an attractiveness level.

And both Pleasant girls are way too pretty! But then you're the one who thinks even the adorable Curious Boys are ugly. Seriously, when I had them in CAS cloning them for my warehouse boys, the only hair I could put on Pascal that didn't suit him was the mullet.

In my brief time playing the Pleasants, it looked to me as if Angela and Lilith were acting out the familial roles they'd fallen into early - the Golden Girl, and the Goat. Angela was a more placid baby, and learned to get what she wanted by being pleasing. Lilith was a fussier baby, was treated with impatience, and learned that the only way to get any attention at all was to make a bigger fuss. This sort of thing happens all the time in families.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#143 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 7:13 AM
I can relate to Angela. When I was her age (a teen) I was the same, shy and nice. Why would it be hypocrisy? On another hand, I hated myself for being shy and nice and envied girls like Lilith for being more outgoing and free-spirited. In the end I even managed to become one, after a lot of work. This is how I played them out in the game, too, except that Angela decided not to change and found peace with her own normal self.

There were a couple of small sisters of kindergarten age I knew who were like Angela and Lilith: so similar yet so different. One was very outgoing, nice and even flirty. Another had quite a temper and tended to get really angry, you could see that when she'd stand in deep thought for a while and her fists would start clenching. Nobody mistreated the second sister at home, she got born with a different character.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 7:56 AM Last edited by gazania : 9th Apr 2013 at 1:01 AM.
I guess I can relate to Angela more than Lilith, though Lilith has her own charm. Angela seems to me to be overcompensating for her home situation (for some reason, I imagine Daniel as an egotistical football player in high school who never really grew up**) by trying to be the model daughter when she lived at home, almost to the point of being an over-prissy brat. The Pleasants' home situation had twisted the girls in different ways, and the strain shows on both of them when they found themselves too absorbed in their roles--the golden child and the rebel. It's when they move to a new venue, get over their petty nonsense with each other and team up together that they finally grow up a little.

(**Note: This certainly was NOT my father. I don't relate to Angela THIS way, though I did have a rebellious older brother. )

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#145 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 9:34 PM
I don’t! I love her and Lilith both!
Mad Poster
#146 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 12:51 AM
I think the vast majority of us love Angela and Lilith both.
Mad Poster
#147 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 8:39 AM
Who Hates Angela Pleasant?

Lilith hates Angela Pleasant. That's in large measure Angela's own fault, though their parents must take even more of the blame. Like many of us, Angela has a predilection to take the side of the underdog. That has led her to seek out Dustin as her boyfriend; despite his rotten start in life, she can see his undoubted good qualities. But she's always had a blind spot with her sister. Siblings can be like that; they're too close and they're always annoying each other. But Dustin is starting to bring Angela to see Lilith differently; he sees her as a fellow underdog, and Angela's beginning to see her that way too. If there's to be a reconciliation between Angela and Lilith then Angela has to start it; Lilith is too damaged to take the risk. It won't be easy to overcame a lifetime of mutual hostility, but Angela has the perseverance to succeed. Both girls' boyfriends are essentially a good influence, helping them to see that family life doesn't have to be the poisonous dystopia that they have grown up in. Together the girls will be a force to be reckoned with.

I haven't been playing Pleasantview for a while, but when I get back to it (I've only played one rotation there so far), I trust that Angela, Lilith, Dustin and Dirk will emerge as the awesome foursome who will take the old place by the scruff of its neck and transform it into a town fit for the 21st century.

I like working together with my Sims to build a better society.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#148 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 9:56 AM
13 years ago, when this thread originally started, I'd say I was on Angela's side, because duh, Lilith dresses all goth and is deviant and keeps failing school. Fast forward today when I know a bit more about psychology, and I'm completely on Lilith's side. Angela's older by a few minutes and immediately chosen to be the preferred child, and is constantly praised by parents. When Lilith makes any progress and wants not to outshine, but only just to be heard and seen by parents along Angela, Angela throws Lilith under the bus. Angela took that even further and is constantly the first one to pick fights in my game now when they're teens.

As time went on, Lilith found aspiration in her boyfriend's endless attempts to make ends meet and still appear positive on the outside. She lifted her grades a bit up to be able to get enrolled to college with Angela. As soon as the campus life started, away from parents, Angela showed her true face of being completely reckless and provocative for no reason, intimidating Lilith who's now trying her best to excel at college. Angela's also been influenced by her own boyfriend, who had a steady career as a street criminal as a teen. Dustin never went to college so that he could start working immediately and provide for his family, and Angela's facing academic probation because of all party no work lifestyle. Lilith and Dirk, on the other hand, aren't really straight A+ students, but go on through their college life with modest Bs and Cs.

Angela rarely ever rolls wants to do any coursework, and might even get expelled. Oh, how the tables turn.
Test Subject
#149 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 10:49 AM
Well, in my game (I play megahoods) the number one person that hates Angela it’s not her sister (well, she hates her but...), her number one arch nemesis is Juliette Capp! She was in lot when Angela made a move on Romeo, Juliette broke up the relationship but since people seem to have a thing with feuds in Veronaville, Juliette never allowed herself to forget about it.
Lilith is friends with Juliette, in fact she introduced her to Dirk, her now fiancé (Lilith is now with Ripp Vandermorgan (he switched last names since he doesn’t want anything to do with his father)). And Angela, well... she’s going to find out the hard way that having a “perfect life” with a romance sims it’s difficult... she’s following the footsteps of her parents.
Everyone is in university and I’m seeing where I’m going with this, but I plan for Angela to find out about Romeo’s cheating way later in her adulthood.
And yes, this is probably going to extend the feud with the Capps and Monty for another generation at least! But yeah, Angela in my game is a bratty person that wants everything because that’s her life, she always gets what she wants. And I think the persons that should be blamed are Mary-Sue and Daniel.

(Sorry for any typos, English is not my first language).
Theorist
#150 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 12:52 PM
I'm on both their sides, because both their behaviours are, imho, just a coping mechanism for the toxic family life their parents create.
Lilith rebels openly and pushes back against the "ideal" suburban life her parents try to playact.
Angela forces herself to be "patient and dutiful" and probably into being an overachiever because she thinks it's her responsibility to make her parents happy (the praise they seemingly heaped on her would have just reinforced that idea)
And since their coping mechanisms are the opposite of one another (seeking conflict vs trying to avoid it) they naturally clash with one another.

I also realized that the Pleasant twins make me feel old, because I can remember a time when there were goth/emo teens and the whole "goths vs preps" was a thing in pop culture. *hangs head and quietly lies down in grave*

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 6 of 6