Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#24151 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 9:18 PM
Can changing the load order of downloads have an effect on how the game runs?

I just finished going through my files looking for a bad download that had been causing my crashing. I broke the files up into folders and tried every combination of them. Then put all the folders back into my downloads folder - and the game works fine. No more crashing.

Only thing I can figure is I accidentally changed the "load order" of some files and fixed a conflict?

I'm not brilliant with computers, does anyone have any idea what I did?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#24152 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 9:20 PM
Yes, if they modify the same resources. If you think that's what happened, run HCDU, it should report on which files have the same resources.
Mad Poster
#24153 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 9:38 PM
Can't seem to find that coat rack anywhere in the catalogue, so I settled for the hacked computers.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#24154 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
What's the reason of why Witches lag the game when arriving at a community lot?

I'm guessing because the game is applying the sparkle/green overlay, like how it does for suntans, sunburn and frostbite.
Mad Poster
#24155 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Can't seem to find that coat rack anywhere in the catalogue, so I settled for the hacked computers.

Coat rack is in Dressers. It is actually dresser with added option to access all clothing.
Mad Poster
#24156 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 12:31 AM
What's the reason of why Witches lag the game when arriving at a community lot?

Pretty much as soon as the NPC witches arrive, they'll cast their respective ambiance spells, which change the weather and lighting on a lot, so it suddenly has to process that change.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#24157 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Coat rack is in Dressers. It is actually dresser with added option to access all clothing.

Oh I see it now. Kind of blended in with some other CC I have.

Mad Poster
#24158 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Pretty much as soon as the NPC witches arrive, they'll cast their respective ambiance spells, which change the weather and lighting on a lot, so it suddenly has to process that change.

Yes, but this lag happens before the witch ever appears on the lot. I could understand this happening if the game was randomly generating a witch for the first time in a neighborhood, but this seems to happen at least once a session.
Alchemist
#24159 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Yes, but this lag happens before the witch ever appears on the lot. I could understand this happening if the game was randomly generating a witch for the first time in a neighborhood, but this seems to happen at least once a session.

This is why I have them permanently banned. My game has enough lag without those wretched witches showing up!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#24160 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:42 AM
I still reckon it's more to do with the overlays than the weather. I never get lag with regular weather but always when an overlay is being applied.
Top Secret Researcher
#24161 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 5:36 PM
Hi. I haven't played Sims in years. I haven't been on here in years. I do have The Sims 2 UC and a windows 10 computer. Is it possible to get it working on windows 10? I know there was trouble trying it before.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#24162 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
Hi. I haven't played Sims in years. I haven't been on here in years. I do have The Sims 2 UC and a windows 10 computer. Is it possible to get it working on windows 10? I know there was trouble trying it before.

Depends who you ask... some people have had a terrible time trying to get it to cooperate (sometimes even to the point of having to go back to an earlier version of Windows), other people have really had no trouble and it runs perfectly normally on Windows 10 without having to do much of anything weird to get it to behave (like me).

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#24163 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 5:58 PM
@wickedjr89 -I might have the exact same worry when I get a new laptop though I won't wait until my current one finally decides to stop working which might be a long way off though it's running on Windows 7 which might be a problem in a few years.I alos run UC as well and have no issues running it on my 8 year old laptop which is still running almost like new except when the hard drive is too full or badly needs defragmenting.
Top Secret Researcher
#24164 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 6:13 PM
I know I had it on a previous windows 10 computer, working for a bit after a lot of hassle and then it just randomly quit working for no apparent reason. I guess i'll just have to try or go with Sims 3 or 4 until or if I can get a windows 7 computer.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#24165 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 6:19 PM
I might look into having dual boot with Windows 7 and 10 on the same computer if my old laptop quit working and it might be an option for you if you want the game working.I'd ask at a computer repair shop if that could be done with the hard drive contents of an old Windows 7 computer's hard drive to make a newer machine dual boot.You'd have to have a lot more hard drive space and have it set up to go to the start screen and choose which OS to boot as.
Top Secret Researcher
#24166 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I might look into having dual boot with Windows 7 and 10 on the same computer if my old laptop quit working and it might be an option for you if you want the game working.I'd ask at a computer repair shop if that could be done with the hard drive contents of an old Windows 7 computer's hard drive to make a newer machine dual boot.You'd have to have a lot more hard drive space and have it set up to go to the start screen and choose which OS to boot as.

I didn't know that was a thing. Thank you, i'll have to look into that.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#24167 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 1:13 AM
I'm not sure where to put this question - but two things noticed with the website today - cookies and this heap of blue with black text I can't read. When on my mobile phone, scrolling, it ends up at the blue section which takes up a third of the page. What is it?
Edit: Ok, so I highlighted it and it's all about cookies. Must it take up so much space?
Mad Poster
#24168 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 2:53 AM Last edited by HarVee : 2nd Jul 2020 at 3:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I'm not sure where to put this question - but two things noticed with the website today - cookies and this heap of blue with black text I can't read. When on my mobile phone, scrolling, it ends up at the blue section which takes up a third of the page. What is it?
Edit: Ok, so I highlighted it and it's all about cookies. Must it take up so much space?

I don't think it's mandated in the EU "Cookie Law" that there needs to be a giant wall of text displaying what cookie does what. If there is, MTS must be one of the first EU hosted sites I've visited to implement it.

I also noticed the agree, love, etc. buttons sometimes won't work for me, and clicking on site navigation bar on the top of the page won't direct me. Only the "Mod The Sims" one seems to direct me. How did these bugs go unnoticed during testing? Was there not a test at all? Didn't have these problems until the cookie wall appeared.

Instructor
#24169 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 2:34 PM
Is there are mod (SimBlender, maybe?) that allows me to remove the BFF relationship flag from sims? It's getting kind of annoying to use SimPE just to remove the flags.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
#24170 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 4:02 PM
Is there are mod (SimBlender, maybe?) that allows me to remove the BFF relationship flag from sims? It's getting kind of annoying to use SimPE just to remove the flags.

The Relations Adjuster of the Insimenator allows you to set or clear the Sim's, the target's or their mutual flags for Friends and Best Friends (as well as Love, Crush and Enemies) but I don't know if it works for BFF flags.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#24171 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:22 PM
Yes, SimBlender lets you remove BFF flag from relationships. But I think it automatically comes back over time as long as you're best friends with each other. You'd need something like Pescado's BFFs are for 12s to remove it permanently.

What IS the purpose of BFFs, besides the inside joke interaction? I don't mind it enough to remove it, I just don't understand. And that flag is like herpes, it stays forever. I have a sim who is still BFF with his ex-wife, despite their short and long term relationship score being 10.
Mad Poster
#24172 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 6:15 PM
The BFF flag also causes sims to invite themselves into your house unless you have my mod that prevents that. Also, I guess it is for satisfying wants? It's very cool when my kids satisfy their wants to be BFF with someone in their sleep.
Mad Poster
#24173 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 8:12 PM
Well, for one thing, it makes getting over cow mascot incidents much easier.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#24174 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
The Relations Adjuster of the Insimenator allows you to set or clear the Sim's, the target's or their mutual flags for Friends and Best Friends (as well as Love, Crush and Enemies) but I don't know if it works for BFF flags.

I have Insimenator but don't see an option to remove the BFF flags. Maybe I have an older version. I'll download Simblender and try it.

Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Yes, SimBlender lets you remove BFF flag from relationships. But I think it automatically comes back over time as long as you're best friends with each other. You'd need something like Pescado's BFFs are for 12s to remove it permanently.

What IS the purpose of BFFs, besides the inside joke interaction? I don't mind it enough to remove it, I just don't understand. And that flag is like herpes, it stays forever. I have a sim who is still BFF with his ex-wife, despite their short and long term relationship score being 10.

This is why I remove the flags. I don't like my sims being BFF's with sims they fall out with or their current enemies.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#24175 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 6:20 AM
Page 967 of 1345