Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 4:55 AM
Default Can you replace textures of CC skins while a sim is using them?
Currently I'm using both Maxis skins and CC skins that are in-between shades for the maxis skins, along with the fixed version of Morague's Anatomy Bits. However the box does not add things properly to the custom skin tones, due to them being linked to the Maxis skin tones and only the Maxis skin tones. I'd rather not try to go through the headache of figuring out how to make it work as an overlay with the custom skins, so I am just going to add them to the actual textures. Will I be able to just replace the textures in the CC skins with my own through SimPe, or should I make a new skin tone file with BodyShop, then use SimPE to change the genetics to the updated one?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 12:47 PM
You can either do direct edits to the skins by replacing the textures, which will show immediately on the sims (if the changes don't show, try deleting all the cache files), or you can make a new item and change genetics with SimPE.

Basically, whichever works best for you.

I'd think it's less work to do direct edits (no Bodyshop steps, and you don't have to edit all the sims), but be sure to save a backup of the original files just in case you ever get tired of the edited ones. CC sites are disappearing, and when it happens the original CC items aren't always easy to find.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 11:01 PM
Thank you so much! This is very helpful