Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 7:35 PM
Makes me think more Futurama than anything else!
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Whew! Here's my entry...
with Lexi Teatherton's permission, I present:

Click the 'spoiler' button for a few architectural highlights (if you dare!)
For a more in-depth look, and possibly to download this monstrosity for yourself go HERE
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crdroxxpl
Makes me think more Futurama than anything else!

Yeah... I can see that in there too. It's a real mess. LOL

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
I like your patterns there! Are they custom? The beds & the kitchen table?

Thank you. I just used the Create-A-Style, the pattern's and furniture already exist in game (Base, High end loft stuff and one stuff pack I forget name of). I may have tweaked the colours though.

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#54 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 5:16 PM Last edited by Simmiller : 10th Feb 2020 at 5:33 PM.
Default McMansion McEntry
This house, while boasting a seeming continuity that is debunked upon closer inspection, has been added to so much over the years, that it's a wonder it looks as intentional as it does! It started out as a basic bungalow, in the basic beige decor, and grew with the addition of a separate living room where they finally decided to break the beige barrier. Then, a lovely deck was added. Once that was taken care of, they decided to extend the kitchen, but couldn't get permits to attach the house and the deck, so, there you go.

They came into some money, and being an ambitious, materialistic family, they decided to add an indoor pool...that deck just takes up too much outdoor space. That's in the basement and looks like a fabulous place to party!

Next, they realized they had nowhere to sleep or pee any longer (other than the basement pool locker room), and had to go up. Now, there's an awesome second level that has a dream bathroom/laundry room, a decent teen's room, a den, and a happening terrace. They tried to break away from the beige..really, they did! Well, that's all well and good for the kids, but what about the adults? They aren't too caring about having their own bathroom, so they went mental on a huge master bedroom for themselves on yet another level addition. There's no accounting for taste, however, so beware! 

All this has resulted in some weird roofing, but there's only 2 styles, so it can't be that bad.....right? 

There you have my McMansion Monstrosity

You can see all the goods by clicking on the attached screenshots. 

Thank goodness I don't need to list the cc 
Forum Resident
#55 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 4:05 PM
I have a subhood with a street of (tasteful) McMansions, so I monstrosized an existing one.

Magnolia McMansion Monstrosity Version AKA "Who Needs Load-Bearing Walls?"

Complete with house-poor furnishings, for sims who blew their money on the mortgage and fancy finishes, and can't figure out how to appropriately furnish and decorate a giant space.

Includes fridge nook because the builder was so committed to open concept that they forgot to include wall for the fridge (because that actually happened), pointless second story above the living room to send all the warm air (and your heating bill) through the roof, and floor to ceiling windows for plenty of natural light. Master bedroom is visible from the front lawn. Spare bedrooms being used as man cave and crafting room, because no one actually needs a 4 bedroom house when people are having an average of 1.9 kids. Dirty dishes in sink fully visible from any point in the main living space.

Gas-guzzling SUV in the driveway, because of course.

Bedrooms: 4
Bathrooms 4
Occupants: 3
Carbon Footprint: 100 metric tons
Test Subject
#56 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 5:38 AM
LOVE THIS! Especially the fridge. I looked at the images before reading the description, and I immediately thought of the picture you included depicting a fridge randomly placed in the middle of an open floor plan kitchen / living room. Such a McMansion Monstrosity.

Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I have a subhood with a street of (tasteful) McMansions, so I monstrosized an existing one.

Magnolia McMansion Monstrosity Version AKA "Who Needs Load-Bearing Walls?"

Complete with house-poor furnishings, for sims who blew their money on the mortgage and fancy finishes, and can't figure out how to appropriately furnish and decorate a giant space.

Includes fridge nook because the builder was so committed to open concept that they forgot to include wall for the fridge (because that actually happened), pointless second story above the living room to send all the warm air (and your heating bill) through the roof, and floor to ceiling windows for plenty of natural light. Master bedroom is visible from the front lawn. Spare bedrooms being used as man cave and crafting room, because no one actually needs a 4 bedroom house when people are having an average of 1.9 kids. Dirty dishes in sink fully visible from any point in the main living space.

Gas-guzzling SUV in the driveway, because of course.

Bedrooms: 4
Bathrooms 4
Occupants: 3
Carbon Footprint: 100 metric tons
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Includes fridge nook because the builder was so committed to open concept that they forgot to include wall for the fridge (because that actually happened)...

This makes me laugh even more because there is that entire blank wall (at least in your build) 3 squares away from the first set of islands.

Lauri
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#58 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 8:21 PM Last edited by porkypine : 14th Feb 2020 at 9:19 PM.
Aw!  Just what I needed! What fun!  I will play.  Loading game now.

In the meantime, enjoy this McMansion image I found on the 50 states of McMansion hell.  lol   https://mcmansionhell.com/post/1855...top-10-waukesha

It turns out that it is very difficult to build a McMansion.  I am laughing too hard at my monstrosity.  Split levels, decks, foundations. detached garage. house perched majestically on a small hill....  lol  
Theorist
#59 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine

It turns out that it is very difficult to build a McMansion.  I am laughing too hard at my monstrosity.  Split levels, decks, foundations. detached garage. house perched majestically on a small hill....  lol  

Go ahead Porky! Is there any much monstrous houses? I'll probably take part. Or will not. Still not sure :P

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#60 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 6:26 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 16th Feb 2020 at 11:40 AM. Reason: mispell
This "Rosebud House" take place at 52 Ridge Road. It has just one level and Don Napoleo is living here alone.

Thanks to my family who helped me to make this monstrous house by interrupting me every 5 minutes.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
This "Rosebud House" take place at 52 Ridge Road. It has just one level and Don Napoleo is living here alone.

Thanks to my family who helped me to make this monstrous house by interrupting me every 5 minutes.

Damn. Old school! LOVE IT! Wish I knew where all my CDs were so I could boot up the OG Game.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
This "Rosebud House" take place at 52 Ridge Road. It has just one level and Don Napoleo is living here alone...
...Don likes guests, but this house is not enough for more then one guest. Say you'll come to him previously. [/spoiler]

This is brilliant! So many fond memories! Now I want to play the original.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 11:18 PM
Default Butterberry at Chateau Peak
When Phyre Plugg, professional wrestler, action movie star, computer genius, record mogul, trapeze artist, teen heart throb, and all around great simanitarian decided to retire at the ripe old age of 16 and a half he purchased Chateau Peak. Finding the existing house too restricting he had it leveled and constructed Butterberry, the ideal home he designed for a second grade history project. The house now serves as his hideaway in the hills where he runs his philanthropic empire out of site of most of his adoring fans. The house features a private office in the five story entry tower attached to the three story entry hall. The ground floor includes a three story library and collectors room, chefs kitchen, a family kitchen, bakery, great room with piano bar, two bedrooms, the master suite with attached conservatory, an orangery, laundry, and garage. There is also a walk out varanda. The second floor features a makers space off the library, another master suite with a balcony overlooking the orangery, five additional bedrooms, an outdoor balcony accessible from two of the bedrooms, and breakfast dining for twenty. The third floor boasts a ballroom and bar with two attached game rooms and an entertainment kitchen. The fourth floor attic is currently unused but allows access to the roof top water slide, barbeque, and horseshoe pit. The basement features a cinema, bowling alley, gymnastic run, gym, basketball hoop, sauna, and massage spa room. It also has another chefs kitchen which services the large banquet room and café. Off the café is a bar and lounge. The house boasts a myriad of fireplaces and commodes, too many to count. The two galleries and great room house most of Phyres' vast art collection. Off the ground floor varanda is the walled garden and through it you can reach the detached pool house. Both the walled garden and the back yard contain most of his sculpture collection.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 2:06 AM Last edited by mccorade : 19th Feb 2020 at 4:18 AM.
Big & Beige
I honestly had way too much fun building this. Half of me was trying to genuinely incorporate elements common to McMansions, and the other half was just answering the question "What can I do to make this house look worse?" Big & Beige is a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom monstrosity that includes some of the most icon McMansion elements: Pringles Can of Shame, giant roof nubs, stucco and brick veneer that only extend to the front of the house etc.

Some Highlights

Mad Poster
#65 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mccorade
I honestly had way too much fun building this...

I love all the "pedimented" doors - these people must really be important! I mean, for realz! LOL
...and then, the guest bedroom - for those who aren't all that important apparently *sigh*

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#66 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 11:17 PM Last edited by SadBanana : 22nd Feb 2020 at 4:54 PM.
Default Mutated McMansion Monstrosity
This tacky mutation and waste of space, complete with 6 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms and a tiny 3rd floor, is bound to cause permanent eye damage when you see the excessive and inappropriate use of beige, roofs, and windows. Bankruptcy is guaranteed if you dare to live inside this place, and furthermore, there are also 3 gas-wasting cars to complement the 3 space-consuming garages. Even more fun, people can see you bathe when you use the bathtub in the guest bathroom on the second floor! (Try to) enjoy this mutated McMansion monstrosity without hurting your eyes.

Cost: §514,612 (Don't waste your money on this)
Game: The Sims 2

dodgy builder
#67 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 3:43 AM
I let myself be inspired by the Brutalisme idea, and thought I should show you what I've made. It started as brutalisme, but where I live we need windows and lots of them. It developed into a more soft brutalisme. I've made most walls and som of the floors for this building as well. I have also used windows by nyaevadesign on TSR, and furniture by Peacemaker and Felixandre. It's on the biggest lot in TS4, 64x64 in Windenburg. It will be up on my blog when I have finished the download post.

#68 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 6:02 PM
Default Fallstone House
Here's my entry: An old English manor in a state of demolition and disenchantment.
Game: The Sims 2
Lot Size: 5x5
Lot Price: 196,417

#69 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine

In the meantime, enjoy this McMansion image I found on the 50 states of McMansion hell.  lol   https://mcmansionhell.com/post/1855...top-10-waukesha

These McMansion roasts are just
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#70 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 8:39 PM
Okay everyone has been killing it with their McMansions  I've seen some horrors and some that could be more horrible, but everyone should be proud of themselves :D

The Competition will close at 8pm GMT tomorrow (22/02/20) , so if you want to submit a build and haven't yet, now is the time!

We will be announcing the winners on Saturday the 29th of February and hopefully handing out the stickers following that.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 11:07 PM
The concrete McModern
Seeing all your entries, and re-reading the first post, i realize i got a bit carried away with building before doing my homework properly... as it turns out i didn't really understand what a MacMansion is, so i'm not sure if my entry qualifies as such... I will post it anyway as i have nothing to lose.
I really enjoyed building this lot, and it was definitely hard but a lot of fun to go out of my comfort zone and deliberately go big, shiny and tacky. I was inspired by the brutalist theme, and some entries on "the socialite family" (this is an unironic decoration website but... where is the border between bold choices and questionnable taste really?)

So, here is the concrete McModern:
You like concrete? raw concrete, reinforced concrete, tinted black concrete, concrete floorings, ceilings, panelling? you will love this house. Fortunately enough there are tall windows to lighten the structure up (and peek into the bathroom). The tasteful interior decoration brings a few personal touches to make this ginormous concrete box a bit more lively.

dodgy builder
#72 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
Seeing all your entries, and re-reading the first post, i realize i got a bit carried away with building before doing my homework properly... as it turns out i didn't really understand what a MacMansion is, so i'm not sure if my entry qualifies as such... I will post it anyway as i have nothing to lose.

It's a typical mts competition where everyone can take part, even your dog, and if you have no skills it doesn't matter, you can just make a silly story and it's all fine.

I can't do that. It's impossible to not do my best. So I will lose just because I'm to much of a petimeter. That's fine though, I didn't say I delivered my contribution. I just showed you the pictures.

... and then there's the humor. Laughing of people's honest attempts is not my sence of humor. It was probably the costumer coming in a the very last, and the architect had to do his best to be paid. I instead suffer with the architect. It's painful to watch.
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#73 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It's a typical mts competition where everyone can take part, even your dog, and if you have no skills it doesn't matter, you can just make a silly story and it's all fine.

I can't do that. It's impossible to not do my best. So I will lose just because I'm to much of a petimeter. That's fine though, I didn't say I delivered my contribution. I just showed you the pictures.

... and then there's the humor. Laughing of people's honest attempts is not my sence of humor. It was probably the costumer coming in a the very last, and the architect had to do his best to be paid. I instead suffer with the architect. It's painful to watch.

If it's not your thing, participation isn't mandatory
Theorist
#74 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 6:08 PM
It seems to be that you just can't fail in this challenge. Why? I see this like a cometition for the worst building ever. Sooo. If you fail, that means that your building is not so bad. Is that itself bad that your building is not bad? No. If the house is not bad it means just it's good. And every participant actually win in this competition.

Mad Poster
#75 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 7:01 PM
Here's my entry from my TS2UC Build a city challenge game in Dodge,Kansas in the 1840's.It was spring in 1840 when Eli and Ami Jankowsky arrived to take up their homestead claim in Dodge and they were still working on getting to starting their homestead shanty build as summer arrived.It was mid-summer when they had to start building shelter in a panic as the wildlife had already begun preparing for winter and migratory birds were not far behind in beelining for the south before a brutally long hard winter arrived.The resulting build was poorly build,poorly designed and poorly positioned on the lot.It would've never gotten a building permit if the town already had a city planning department which wasn't the case as it was just being settled and had no political structure yet.

TS2-McMansion
Page 3 of 4