Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 11:32 PM
Default 4t2 Accessory Issue With Mesh Swap
Hello! I have two issues, and either of them being fixed would be really appreciated, as long as the mesh shows up in game. I've attached two .package files of me trying to do the same thing.
In one package file, I seem to be having a parent CRES not found issue, which I read had something to do with the mesh file. I did the namemaps fix and looked at how my package was named; this did not fix anything for me. I tried exporting another mesh instead; I did not get the CRES issue, but the new mesh will not show up in BodyShop or in game (only in SimPE). Could someone please point me in the right direction? I've converted accessories before and I've never had these issues.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Help.zip (100.3 KB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 12:43 AM
If you used the same recolor file to make the second set, remember to delete the cache files. They can react badly to having shadow copies of a different mesh present (the fault of the caches).

The mesh itself looks fine, but I too get the CRES issue in SimPE. I think the best solution is to start over with the mesh file (not the mesh, though).

The way I avoid the CRES issue is to first extract a fresh set of mesh files. DON'T click on any of the resources (very important!!!). Then ONLY use 0 to 9, a to z and - when renaming with "fix integrity" (not underscore _ because those are ONLY supposed to be at the end, or any other characters including punctuation). Don't touch the resources yet, but save the file as-is. If you want to be extra sure, close and reopen the file. Then you can replace the mesh with the one you made. When renaming, make sure to leave out the "tslocator" and "gmdc" - they should only be along with the underscores at the end. Since I started doing it this way I've hardly ever seen the CRES issue.

Don't do multiple "Fix integrity" on the same mesh file. It's not necessary, and once is absolutely enough. It's best to start from scratch. "fix integrity" doesn't fix the CRES issue once it has appeared. Best way is to start over.

Personally, I copy everything before the "_tslocator_gmdc", then replace the mesh, and before clicking commit I fix the name so it matches the rest of the resources, and then click "commit" and save. Not technically needed, but it keeps the file neater. All the extra punctuation (which are made from the underscore _ ) can be a little iffy.

And finally, remember to relink the new mesh to the 3DIR
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you used the same recolor file to make the second set, remember to delete the cache files. They can react badly to having shadow copies of a different mesh present (the fault of the caches).

The mesh itself looks fine, but I too get the CRES issue in SimPE. I think the best solution is to start over with the mesh file (not the mesh, though).

The way I avoid the CRES issue is to first extract a fresh set of mesh files. DON'T click on any of the resources (very important!!!). Then ONLY use 0 to 9, a to z and - when renaming with "fix integrity" (not underscore _ because those are ONLY supposed to be at the end, or any other characters including punctuation). Don't touch the resources yet, but save the file as-is. If you want to be extra sure, close and reopen the file. Then you can replace the mesh with the one you made. When renaming, make sure to leave out the "tslocator" and "gmdc" - they should only be along with the underscores at the end. Since I started doing it this way I've hardly ever seen the CRES issue.

Don't do multiple "Fix integrity" on the same mesh file. It's not necessary, and once is absolutely enough. It's best to start from scratch. "fix integrity" doesn't fix the CRES issue once it has appeared. Best way is to start over.

Personally, I copy everything before the "_tslocator_gmdc", then replace the mesh, and before clicking commit I fix the name so it matches the rest of the resources, and then click "commit" and save. Not technically needed, but it keeps the file neater. All the extra punctuation (which are made from the underscore _ ) can be a little iffy.

And finally, remember to relink the new mesh to the 3DIR

Thank you for your reply!
I found that every time I tried to link new mesh files to the 3DIR, that's when I would get the CRES issue. With the new mesh file here, now the mesh shows up in Bodyshop and CAS, but it won't show up in Live Mode. I've attached the new file and how it looks in CAS versus Live Mode.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ZaddyBeard-4t2.rar (46.9 KB, 2 downloads)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 5:35 PM
Now it shows up fine in SimPE, so the mesh is probably good. You most likely do have to relink it to the recolor file if you haven't already done so.

Did you try to delete the cache files (Accessory.cache, Groups.cache, cigen.package and/or contentregistry, found in the "Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2" location)? These files tend to make a mess if you use the same recolor or mesh file, particularly if you test it on the same sim every time.

There are only meshes in the files you've uploaded so far, so I can't tell if the recolor is properly linked. Should be easy to tell - comppare the Instance of the CRES and SHPE to the 8 last numbers in the Resource Node and Shape lines in the 3DIR.

You can very easily "diagnose" the CRES issue in a mesh file - just open up the GMDC and click to preview the mesh. If the CRES issue is present, SimPE often spends a lot more time trying to access the mesh, and you get a dialogue box saying there is an issue (the mesh still shows, though). If the mesh doesn't have the CRES issue, the mesh pops up in the preview window without any issues or warnings.