Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 8:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default All paintings and camera portraits are making the same image.
I haven't added any picture-related mod ever so I'm not sure that's the problem here, and I also have the vague feeling I've seen this issue before, like dejavu, but I can't find any other reports of the issue anywhere so IDK. Every time I try to paint a portrait or still life, it keeps producing the last image I took with the Art career reward camera, same with if I try to take a picture with the camera, the same one prints over and over. Is there a cache I should be deleting somewhere or something that can fix this? Anyone familiar with the issue at all?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
I haven't added any picture-related mod ever so I'm not sure that's the problem here, and I also have the vague feeling I've seen this issue before, like dejavu, but I can't find any other reports of the issue anywhere so IDK. Every time I try to paint a portrait or still life, it keeps producing the last image I took with the Art career reward camera, same with if I try to take a picture with the camera, the same one prints over and over. Is there a cache I should be deleting somewhere or something that can fix this? Anyone familiar with the issue at all?

Are you by chance on disks without- I want to say the Free Time patch, but it could be another one. I know there was some issue with pictures that a patch fixed.

If you are on the UC you might want to make a full backup and try repairing the game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you by chance on disks without- I want to say the Free Time patch, but it could be another one. I know there was some issue with pictures that a patch fixed.

If you are on the UC you might want to make a full backup and try repairing the game.

I am on UC. I'll have to give that a shot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 12:15 AM
So I didn't end up doing a repair so IDK if that would have fixed it. First, I tried tracking down the sim that took the photo in the first place (it was a fully family photo so I'd made another sim selectable on that lot so the whole family could be in the picture) and had them take another picture on the same camera, and when I did a landscape photo with that same sim on that same camera on that same lot, it finally cleared up and started letting me take fresh pictures. IDK if the issue was related to the sim I'd used (it was the newspaper kid) or what, but that combo cleared it off.