Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#10576 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 3:17 PM
I was so scared of the Gandalf ghost when I was little. (My first family was Gandalf, Aragorn and Arwen. With modern clothes ofc since I didn't have any downloads.)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Instructor
#10577 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 2:08 AM
Building without CC makes me want to download even more CC

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Scholar
#10578 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
Sims 2 ghosts can be pretty dang scary. It's the weirdest thing. When the Sim is alive, they can be kindest, gentlest thing... and then when they die, they'll try to murder their own children. Making a cemetery is really the only way to go.

I wish they'd made them have a similar personality after death, around their family, but with the added ability to scare off burglars, repo-men and bin-kickers. According to the Prima guide, they're only supposed to be really mean if there's no family member left on the lot, but the difference is minimal.
Mad Poster
#10579 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 3:03 AM
Cyjon has mods to change how ghosts work. You could look into those.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#10580 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 1:56 AM Last edited by HarVee : 26th Apr 2021 at 2:11 AM.
So I'm looking into but it sharing Nhw-Wr might become a reality. It won't be shared in a traditional sense... There would be a 3GB CC compendium you'd have to download to achieve not just the look, but feel too.

Expect a thread in the creators forum once I figure things all out.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#10581 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Cyjon has mods to change how ghosts work. You could look into those.

I had it installed. The ghost didn't show up for several days, but then after the toddler grew up, suddenly it was The Wrath of Grandma. It could be that somebody kicked the graves, but that was weeks ago.
Mad Poster
#10582 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 3:10 AM
Hmm...maybe there's another mod interfering with it? Try changing the load order.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#10583 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 10:51 PM
When I was calmer, I used several hours to troubleshoot my game in the background while watching a fun chinese drama called Ashes of Love. After seven 45 minute episodes, I finally discovered the TheNinthWave's 4t2 mailbox covers were the culprit to crashing the McGreggor's lot, and I can play the game again reassured.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Field Researcher
#10584 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 9:10 PM
I've been working on a custom neighborhood since February and I finally managed to get all the lots and households ready to play. I just need to add memories to a couple of households and make my album photos from a backup that I made for this purpose and then I can finally share it with you people. I feel so happy to have almost finished my project, mainly for two reasons: I LOVE custom neighborhoods and the idea of creating storylines for other players to enjoy, my absolute favourite custom hood is Pitstop Valley which is also my main hood (shoutout to cutupuss!!! I don't know if you'll read this post but I hope you will <3), and the other reason is that I got to re-experience a lot of my childhood memories because this hood is inspired by another Maxis game series that I used to play when I was younger.
I don't want to seem narcissistic for sharing this thought, but I just wanted to let you know how beautiful this game can be when you use it to convey your creativity, your game style, your passion to others. And also, making lots obligates you to research on real buildings and architectual styles and this was an inspiring opportunity to learn new things.
Have a good evening <3
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10585 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nottakenaway
I finally discovered the TheNinthWave's 4t2 mailbox covers were the culprit to crashing the McGreggor's lot, and I can play the game again reassured.
I hope you will report it to the creator; that site usually fixes any problems.
Top Secret Researcher
#10586 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:15 AM
Sims is such a constant part of my mind that even when I haven't played for a while (currently I'm on a Stardew Valley kick) I still read this site like the morning paper.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#10587 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:37 AM
Where are you column...? Where'd you go...?

As you may know been sorting my CC so I can upload a prototype of Nhw-Wr but there seems to be this one coloumn I used that I can't find in my back upped folder. I know it's in there since if I put the backup folder back into my TS2 documents the column shows. Might just throw my hands up and replace the used coloumn with something else.

Forum Resident
#10588 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 3:13 PM
I just realized that if you want your sims to have like, two kids (which I don't think is too big a stretch), the mother would have to at least spend 6 days without going to work or to community lots. Which means 6 days of no promotions or new relationships, even more if she stays home until the babies grow up to children. Kinda wish there was a way to get them promoted from home, though that might just be a bit too unrealistic (in this game with aliens and un-caught serial killers with a graveyard in their garden).
Scholar
#10589 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I just realized that if you want your sims to have like, two kids (which I don't think is too big a stretch), the mother would have to at least spend 6 days without going to work or to community lots. Which means 6 days of no promotions or new relationships, even more if she stays home until the babies grow up to children. Kinda wish there was a way to get them promoted from home, though that might just be a bit too unrealistic (in this game with aliens and un-caught serial killers with a graveyard in their garden).

That's why I shortened pregnancy with a mod. I used to play 2 days = 1 year, so I shortened pregnancy to 36 hours or 9 months. Now I play 1 day=a year, but if I shorted pregnancy to less than one day, I'm afraid some of my Sims would just be pregnant all the time. So I guess the Sims have longer pregnancies than we do. But three days is just way too long to be pregnant, I think. It can be hard to keep up with their needs for that long, as well. I used to have a lot more sims die in pregnancy before I shortened it.

Stay-at-home mothers and even working women with children do pay a price in lower wages and less career promotion, so that aspect of the game is pretty realistic, imo. Women who can afford nannies have an advantage in their careers as well. As for relationships, what about a mom's club when they invite over other SAHMs for coffee and chitchat?
Mad Poster
#10590 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

Sims can go to work pregnant if they want to, they just have to choose the walk/drive to work option. And they can go to community lots right up until the final few hours before giving birth. If you play other households while a sim is pregnant, they show up on community lots all the time, though they won't come on outings; and I've only had the game refuse to let me take a pregnant sim to a community lot once, and she gave birth almost immediately after I gave up the attempt.

So, it can be like that, but it's not a requirement. Pascal's wife in my broken Strangetown stayed home during pregnancy, but has gotten promoted to the same level as Pascal (inventor) while the kid was growing. He had a lot more vacation days accumulated than she did, and unless her needs were low or going to work would have caused her to miss a birthday he stayed home in all cases of conflict. One reason he had so many vacation days was that he didn't use much of his leave from his own baby, since he had two brothers living at home at the time, and Vidcund's parental leaves overlapped his, while Lazlo spent most of the time on a different schedule and was able to take care of both kids on regular days off. And of course it helped when Lazlo and Vidcund married and lived there with their wives for a little while before moving to their own places.

It takes a village.

Scholar
#10591 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 4:25 PM
And they can go to community lots right up until the final few hours before giving birth. If you play other households while a sim is pregnant, they show up on community lots all the time, though they won't come on outings; and I've only had the game refuse to let me take a pregnant sim to a community lot once, and she gave birth almost immediately after I gave up the attempt.

Are you sure you don't have a mod for that?

I've never been able to send a visibly pregnant Sim to a community lot. From the moment the first bump appears, they insist they need to stay home for some R&R. Visibly pregnant Sims show up when other playables are on community lots, but I can't send them there.
Mad Poster
#10592 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 4:55 PM
I've always been able to send pregnant sims to community lots too and I'm pretty sure I don't have a mod enabling it. If I do, I have had it for so long I can't even remember what it is! But I played without mods for a long time because I didn't know about them.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#10593 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 3:13 PM
Pregnant Sims weren't allowed to visit other lots in the base game, but that feature was added pretty early on in the series.
Field Researcher
#10594 Old 1st May 2021 at 3:02 AM
The image of the perfect (1990s) family with a white picket fence that the Pleasants are trying to convey tend to have a mom, dad, son, and daughter. Could Lilith have been neglected because she wasn't a boy and therefore wouldn't fit the "ideal" family picture? If this is the case, then she was doomed to have an unhappy childhood from the start.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#10595 Old 1st May 2021 at 11:50 PM
Wow that's kind of depressing a bit. Now I'm not going to be able to play the pleasant house without feeling sorry for Lilith.

Forum Resident
#10596 Old 2nd May 2021 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
The image of the perfect (1990s) family with a white picket fence that the Pleasants are trying to convey tend to have a mom, dad, son, and daughter. Could Lilith have been neglected because she wasn't a boy and therefore wouldn't fit the "ideal" family picture? If this is the case, then she was doomed to have an unhappy childhood from the start.

I thought they disliked her because they only wanted one child... though that theory stood on the legs that Mary-Sue only wanted to go on maternity leave once, but if they're twins then that's no problem... maybe they wanted one child because uni would be cheaper, but uni wasn't available in the base game, and even after that it was made free...
Mad Poster
#10597 Old 2nd May 2021 at 5:20 PM
Is it actually possible to play the Pleasant household without feeling sorry for Lilith?

There's nothing rational in the singling out of one family member as Goat. Stresses pile up, people have bad coping mechanisms, one baby cries more than another, nobody steps up to recognize what's going on and apply the brakes, everything snowballs.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10598 Old 2nd May 2021 at 11:21 PM
Is it actually possible to play the Pleasant household without feeling sorry for Lilith?

There's nothing rational in the singling out of one family member as Goat. Stresses pile up, people have bad coping mechanisms, one baby cries more than another, nobody steps up to recognize what's going on and apply the brakes, everything snowballs.
The question is "Why do Daniel, Mary Sue, and Angela not feel sorry for Lilith?" Siblings can be unpredictable, but parents really do have a duty to their children. And Mary-Sue and Daniel are simply not doing theirs.

Actually in my Pleasantview Angela is beginning to empathise with her sister. Like many of us, Angela is predisposed to take the side of the underdog. Which is what drew her to Dustin. But then Dustin helped her to see that her own sister was even more of an underdog than he is. Somehow that had been too close under her nose for her to see it.

. . .At least that's what was starting to happen when I last played Pleasantview. Maybe it's time I went back there and played a second rotation.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10599 Old 3rd May 2021 at 12:25 AM
Daniel is too busy cheating on Mary Sue and Mary Sue is blind sighted by money and work to pay too much attention to her family. It's a surprise Angela isn't acting out like Lilith.

I never felt sorry for Lilith but maybe that was because to me she always seemed like she was a brat. But LyokoGirl's post does open my perspective a bit.

Theorist
#10600 Old 3rd May 2021 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Daniel is too busy cheating on Mary Sue and Mary Sue is blind sighted by money and work to pay too much attention to her family. It's a surprise Angela isn't acting out like Lilith.

Because Angela is pressured by her parents into being the "good child" to avoid conflict and save her parents' marriage.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 424 of 515