Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:34 PM
Not exactly, if your sim is uncontrollable often they accept whether they're friends or not.

However I discovered that it was a hack causing that particular annoyance in my game.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Advertisement
#27 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:27 AM
Go downtown and when the Queen Vampire. Or whatever its called, shows up...become really good friends with her and then she will bite you.
And you must have NL.
#28 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
you could use boolprop... deep inside there it has a vampirise option

That's how I created my first vampire. Shift-click on the sim, option to make a vampire. It was impossible for me to find the Grand Vampire, so I gave up and cheated.
#29 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 1:06 PM
Also, Kate from Parsimonious has created new potions to turn your Sims into Vampires. I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it works fine.
#30 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 5:15 AM
I don't remember actually seeing any, but is there a such thing as a 2 person coffin?
Field Researcher
#31 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 7:22 AM
I have a small problem. I wish to move my first vampire into a bigger house that I built special for her, and her minions. How do it without her getting crispy?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 4:15 PM
^ Just make sure the special events camera is turned off. If the "walking up to the new house" movie plays, she could be in trouble, however without it you can make her go inside as soon as the lot finishes loading and she should be fine.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 8:12 PM
Thank you, I was thinking that the lot loading in sunlight might be enough to kill her. I'm going to go build more vampy mansions now that I know they can upgrade.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 7:43 PM
How do vampires maintain jobs? Are there vamp friendly job options?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#35 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 9:20 PM
No Maxis job has its entire career path at night, though slacker and criminal have some night jobs. Vampires' needs don't decay at an accelerated rate when they are at work, so the only real trick is getting them to and from the carpool (or their own car) without draining their needs. Family LTWs can be tricky when they return home, since they do the "yoohoo, I'm home" dance by the mailbox regardless of the time of day.

Or you can download modded careers like FennShysa's at MTS2.
#36 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 10:11 PM
Default Anytime
I tryed to be there friend in the game they were mean to me so i beat them in a fight and left but there cool looking lol.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 4:50 PM
I know of two ways to have vampires take daytime careers.

The first is to have vampires drive cars parked in attached garages. As long as they never have to go outside they will never start smoking so will be fine. If you have a house on a foundation, here is a tutorial on attaching a garage.

The second solution is even easier. The game doesn't constantly check whether or not a sim is outside. It checks only when the sim ends a command and starts another or when the sim goes through a door. The operative word there is "door" - not arch, not stairs, not elevator.

Build an enclosed porch with a door leading into the house and an arch leading outside. Make sure the porch is completely enclosed with a roof. As the vampire leaves for work he goes through the door to the porch, but he is still inside so doesn't start smoking. He goes through the arch but the game doesn't check so it still thinks he's inside as he walks to the carpool. It won't check again until he comes home from work.
#38 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 4:20 PM
I generally cancel them going to work when the carpool gets there then have them fly to the car then click to car and select go to work.
#39 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 1:54 PM
...Or you could just download a mod. Yes, I'm a chronic cheater.
Test Subject
#40 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 8:49 PM
Oh god, thank all of you for this. I really had no clue....I couldn't even find any vampires.....ahah!
Test Subject
#41 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 7:59 AM
yeah x3
Vampires don't show up around my neighborhoods much either.
Usually I'd just cheat and shift click into a vampire. But sometimes when i need to cure it...They just become more...vampire-y.
Page 2 of 2