Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 4:08 AM
Default "It's snowing"
I just palyed sesons properly for the first time today, and already I'm going nuts over the "It's snowing/raining" actions that sim do 20 times per day or so. Is there any way to get rid of this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 4:18 AM
#3 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 9:28 AM
Yayness! Can't wait to grab that as soon as MATY is up and working again
#4 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 9:58 AM
It's working for me at the moment.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 11:15 AM
Hehe. "It's snowing/raining"... the new "What's this?" interaction. *G*
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 2:08 PM
MATY is so slow to connect in my computer. Is it normal?

Edit: Jesus, even when I was in Cape Verde the internet wasn't so slow:S
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 3:23 PM
I think it's so cute. they go ehhh heeee. when it's snowing or raining.
Stupid people are stupid
#8 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GillianFan
I think it's so cute. they go ehhh heeee. when it's snowing or raining.

It's cute until your family of seven wakes up at two AM because it's snowing...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 4:29 PM
I don't really have that problem much. I can usually cancel it before it happens, and it doesn't happen that often. Then again, my Sims don't sleep normally. I have never been able to get that quite right - the sleeping like normla people thing. They sleep when they're tired. It's usually not night, lol.
#10 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 5:52 PM
*worships MATY* Finally my vampires will sleep the entire day and I can leave them alone without having to worry they'll fry whenever a few drops of rain falls... :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Passion4Film
I don't really have that problem much. I can usually cancel it before it happens, and it doesn't happen that often.

My game seems to make an extra "It's snowing" if I've cancelled it before, one reaction for every cancelled one....
Alchemist
#12 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 12:36 AM
i think it's cool that some sims get upset at the weather situation. I had a Sim notice the rain for the very first time and she sighed and slouched.
#13 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 1:31 AM
I just wished that the teens behind the counter at the shops ignored the snow/rain/hail, and just finish my sim's transactions.
#14 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 1:35 AM
It aaaaaaannnoys me! I just wish it never was programmed. It's not even life-like. We don't go flailing our arms yelling it's snowing doing the same gosh-darn action!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 1:38 AM
If it only happened the first time they see snow, than it'd be cool, but not when they do it at least 2 times per day
#16 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 6:11 AM
I personally like the occasional "it's snowing pmggg" reactions, but like others have said they do it too much. Yes, it's been snowing for three days now, no need to act surprised. I'm downloading the hack
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#17 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 6:53 AM
I don't mind the reactions entirely, but they do it too much - if they would only react for the first time a certain type of weather happens per season, that'd be fine. Great, react to the first snow of the winter, or the first rain of spring (or summer), but gaaaah, it's snowed several times a day for the past three days - GET OVER IT!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 8:54 AM
I agree, it's annoying when they do it all the time. I undertand the first time, but then? Especially rain, I mean, you've seen it a million time already! Grabbed the hack.
Stupid people are stupid
#19 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I don't mind the reactions entirely, but they do it too much - if they would only react for the first time a certain type of weather happens per season, that'd be fine. Great, react to the first snow of the winter, or the first rain of spring (or summer), but gaaaah, it's snowed several times a day for the past three days - GET OVER IT!

Maybe Maxis can patch it. It's just as annoying as the stupid yelling every time kids/teens came home with an A+. They patched that too.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 1:39 PM
Yeah I was glad maxis patched that - now it's only when the kids come home with an A+ for the first time will they crow about it! What a relief! :D
Alchemist
#21 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K a t i e
It aaaaaaannnoys me! I just wish it never was programmed. It's not even life-like. We don't go flailing our arms yelling it's snowing doing the same gosh-darn action!

I dojn't know about the flailing arms Katie , but when it starts snowing I do look at my window and say "cool it's snowing". maybe it's just me
Theorist
#22 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 7:45 PM
This topic reminds me of something my 8 year old son told me a few weeks back. The teacher had to sternly tell the kids to stop staring out the window as 'they had seen snow before..."
Guess there is some kernel of truth in 'oooh, look it's snowing for thr 100th time.."

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#23 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K a t i e

You don't?

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.