Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 10:36 PM
Default An Unusual Happenstance
Has anyone ever noticed unusual events occurring in Uni? I normally play only dorms, but just recently I started a couple of greek houses, and in one of them, I've had some strange things happen. Two of the sims show terrible grade performance bars,even though they have gone above and beyond to fulfill all requirements. Another couple of sims had full grade performance bars, went to the final, and when they returned from the final got the message that they had missed the final and were placed on academic probation. What might have happened here? This has never happened before--and is not happening currently to my two daughters who play the same hood as me. The only cc on the lot right now is a bunkbed, which we've used forever without incident. Just strikes me as odd. I plan to move them out of the lot and back in, to see if that changes anything. The two on academic probation is a real bummer since I play without money cheats. Oh welz, just means that there'll be even MORE holes to dig.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 1:18 AM
I would download the lot debugger from maty. I can't think of anything else because I've never had that problem.

Are the levels of the class performance bars never going up? Or are the levels just inaccurate at the time they take the finals? I would check the levels before and after completing a term paper, assignment, group research and attending class. Using cheats to obtain any of those might cause problems, but I still think it is a bugged lot. Did you create the Greek Houses yourself, or are you using a maxis-made Greek House? I wouldn't use a maxis house.

There's a teeny voice at the back of my head that is saying this problem has probably come up and answers provided in the help section. That is where I would look because it sounds more like a technical problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 1:55 AM
I built the lot myself--actually moved them onto an empty lot and had it built in-game as the semesters progressed. For some sims, the bars increase as they are supposed to, but for others they do not. Ironically, the sims whose bars behaved normally were the ones who were mistakenly docked for not attending the final when they did. I do not have any hacks nor have I used any cheats that would change grades or performance. I will definitely move them out and delete the lot.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 12:30 AM
M3g7e: The finals glitch sounds like an old bug that I used to get when Uni first came out, but it was supposedly fixed with later expansions. You can use the college adjuster to restore their GPA and so on.

How long have you had that install running? Problems might crop up after a while -- my last install lasted me from 2004 to 2009, and I can't count how many problems it had.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 10:47 PM
Cool--thanks for the advice. As for the install--hmm running a couple of years now I'd say, and several EPs added during that time I hate reinstalls--the whole thing will have to go belly up before I go that route
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 12:09 AM
I had that glitch, I just quit (saving) and came back and it was fine! But obviously you've already done that.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr