Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 3:36 PM
Default "Getting rid" of Servo's
Ok, heres my question, I want to stop my servo from showing up at other sims houses but don't want to kill him because he has ties with a family that died that were the originals of the hood. If I "lock him" in a room in his house or power him down will it stop him from leaving the lot when im playing a different house?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 4:20 PM
I don't think there is a way to prevent certain sims to walk around and show up on lots (either commercial or residential). The only one I know of is the customer controller for sim-owned businesses, and even then I'm not sure it works for home businesses.

I too would like to be able to prevent certain sims to walk around the neighborhood. It's just wierd when my asylum residents show up around town in their institutional garb... or when I happen to catch one of my sims chatting with them on the computer (a computer to which they have no physical access to in the azylum). Ah well... at least when they steal and run away with the paper... it makes some sense.

EDIT: on the other hand, if the thing that is bugging you the most about having a servo freely walk around is their appearance, you could change their appearence to look like other sims, or use an android-like skin (that's what I do).
Tutorials:
http://fandom-geek.livejournal.com/21455.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=4334.0

I personally use a combinaison of both techniques to make my android servos.
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 5:44 PM
There is a hack called the "Visitor Controller" that sounds like it might be useful. Unfortunately, I forget where it is hosted, as it is NOT hosted HERE. Good luck.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 6:16 PM
I was thinking of a hack from Two Jeffs, which will let you control who comes on lots-all playables, or not-etc.
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 6:39 PM
I *think* that that`s the one I had in mind, FranH.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Site Helper
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 7:17 PM
If you would like a link, it's here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,17.0.html

It really is handy.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 7:16 PM
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 7:29 PM
simple. if you want to see a servo go insane, put him in the pool or hot tub.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 10:15 PM
In addition to Visitor Controller go over to Simlogical and get the prisoner token. The Visitor Controller checks for anyone carrying the prisoner token and automatically bans them. That prevents you from having to manually ban each person on each lot.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
In addition to Visitor Controller go over to Simlogical and get the prisoner token. The Visitor Controller checks for anyone carrying the prisoner token and automatically bans them. That prevents you from having to manually ban each person on each lot.

Ok, I have to say this: I love you! :d