Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
Nah, don't shut up about what you are doing with your sims. We are all here because we obviously enjoy reading and seeing what others are doing with their sims. Not everyone has to agree or like what any one chooses to do but the person calling others names are the ones in the wrong, not you.

Thanks!

I'm still rofl about being a pervert! I'm beginning to wish I had a long raincoat in my wardrobe now so I can go out to the park later and do some flashing.

The ironic thing is I notice reading some of AG Doren's previous posts that she also includes ACR in her game. Hmmm. *scratches head*

Anyway, back on topic someone please. I'm finished on the subject.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 8:56 PM
Which park is that?

kittens!
Inventor
#28 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
Which park is that?

I don't know but I think it gets "busy" around 11pm. Just dusting my raincoat off now - shall I wear the pink one or the red one? Hmmm. Not sure whether to go completely naked underneath or wear something down below. It's a bit nippy outside.

(Sorry I'll let it go now!)
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
Thanks!

I'm still rofl about being a pervert! I'm beginning to wish I had a long raincoat in my wardrobe now so I can go out to the park later and do some flashing.

The ironic thing is I notice reading some of AG Doren's previous posts that she also includes ACR in her game. Hmmm. *scratches head*

Anyway, back on topic someone please. I'm finished on the subject.

I was joking. I figured it would make you laugh.

I use ACR among other things, and I can promise you that my game is not kid friendly in the least. For that matter I'm afraid to share it with my dad who finally caught the sims bug after like ten years.
Inventor
#30 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
I was joking. I figured it would make you laugh.

I use ACR among other things, and I can promise you that my game is not kid friendly in the least. For that matter I'm afraid to share it with my dad who finally caught the sims bug after like ten years.

Oh.

I must say I was a little surprised seeing as we had some nice exchanges on TSR "that other site".

Phew...! Glad it was a misunderstanding.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:29 PM
I'd be a terrible hypocrite if I was serious. I can't even talk about my game in this forum.
Inventor
#32 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 2:03 AM
I have not played Uni for a long time. I did not add it to my custom hood because I was obsessed with OFB and didn't want to take the time to fix up a Uni campus. Now I have another custom hood and can't decide whether to add Uni or not. I do miss playing it. I had a lot of fun in Uni with my sims because I did a lot of stuff with them when they weren't in classes and enjoyed having them learn skills like gardening, robot-making, etc. to benefit the hood when they graduated. Not just for getting a diploma.

Personally, I don't worry too much about playing my Uni sims in strict rotation. It really just depends on who I send and what they are up to. And if I'm having a lot of funOften, when I send them, I send a big bunch and then don't play the regular hood until I have graduated all the sims I send in. But if I miss one of my families in the regular hood, I will go back to play them for a while. I use Sim blender to adjust ages if needed, so I guess that is why I don't worry about how much time passes in Uni.

Maybe I'll go attach a Uni to my new hood and create a couple of students in one of the Uni hoods I haven't played yet. I've only played Le Tour. But first, I gotta make sure I have put in a clean Uni - I don't want my custom hood overrun with students.

jodemilo - if a.g.doren had been serious, I would think you wouldn't let it bother you. We adults can do whatever we want in our leisure time, with our games. I'm a bit of a prude with my sims most of the time. Mainly because I make them work too much and don't have time for a lot of scandals since I started playing OFB. But now and then, I do like to use the perv adult cc I've added to my game. And I don't feel the need to defend being a perv in a game. I am totally opposite in real life.

Also, is the secret society lot the same for all the different Uni hoods? I almost wish I could make a custom default replacement secret society lot so I don't have to see the one I've seen a thousand times because I get obsessed with getting all my sims into the ss.
Scholar
#33 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 2:11 AM
The changelotzoning cheat does work for secretsociety lots, but I've never done it so I don't know how reliable it is.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Inventor
#34 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 4:15 AM Last edited by jodemilo : 28th Aug 2010 at 4:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cheshirekat
jodemilo - if a.g.doren had been serious, I would think you wouldn't let it bother you. We adults can do whatever we want in our leisure time, with our games. I'm a bit of a prude with my sims most of the time. Mainly because I make them work too much and don't have time for a lot of scandals since I started playing OFB. But now and then, I do like to use the perv adult cc I've added to my game. And I don't feel the need to defend being a perv in a game. I am totally opposite in real life.

Well I don't know about you CK but I'm not sure many people would take too kindly to being called a "pervert". lol
As it turned out she was kidding (although that was difficult to guess in her post). If she had been serious, as I said before I would have been very surprised as we got on ok on the other forum.

The reason why I said I have a "healthy" interest in the naughtier side of the sims is because it was just something I fancied exploring out of curiosity - actually mainly to see if the animations were anything like I'd seen on Second Life. I got bored with it after a while though, and - let's face it - some of those interactions are slightly ludicrous. One look at university nerd Erik Swain spontaneously dancing in one of those cages after graduating was enough to put anyone off their sausages.

Anyway, back on topic, I got round the tedium of getting through college life not through cheats (I have still to use the college adjuster) but arranging it so I had students staggered through college so I'd always have someone graduating fairly frequently. I've got about 16-20 playable students in my uni hood now - a boy's house (5 students), a girl's (5 students), a dorm of 3 freshers, a mixed house and a house where I don't quite know what to do with them or are less interested. I also have a couple of students renting apartments alone or with a friend - I send them there if I want to give them a bit of special attention. They'll all leave college with at least 10 BFFs each, some even more.

I must say though college got less interesting when I sent my generation 3 kids there (also it felt weird sending them there so soon after their parents had been - a couple of their parents' romantic interests were still at college - eg Jimmy Phoenix, who had a love affair with one of my favorite female sims Jojo Malone, was still there when her daughter had started!).
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 5:23 PM Last edited by Nalia : 28th Aug 2010 at 5:27 PM. Reason: Additional comment
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
Oh well, guess I'll shut up from now on about what I do with my sims. Some people are obviously offended.

Don't even think of doing that!
What we do in our games is no one's but our business. If I feel offended by a mod you are using, I have a very simple choice: never use this mod in *my* game. Besides, this is what makes places like this great: discussing different ways of play-style and learning things we would not have discovered if we "shut up" and kept to ourselves.

Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
I'd be a terrible hypocrite if I was serious. I can't even talk about my game in this forum.

I rushed to reply to Jo before reading your reply. And now I have to say, I am so proud of you!
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Don't even think of doing that!
What we do in our games is no one's but our business. If I feel offended by a mod you are using, I have a very simple choice: never use this mod in *my* game. Besides, this is what makes places like this great: discussing different ways of play-style and learning things we would not have discovered if we "shut up" and kept to ourselves.

I rushed to reply to Jo before reading your reply. And now I have to say, I am so proud of you!

LOL. Seriously though I can't I found some of that CC and incorporated the options that come with that stuff into my main storyline. I have a romance that has corrupted half the dang-gone neighborhood. *shrugs*

CheshireKat its definitely starting to look like I'll just pause the main hood and use simblender to adjust ages and things. A lot of players said they use Uni time to build their YA's skills but I still find it dull. I'm going to try and start a sorority for my next batch of students hopefully I'll enjoy it more.

Jo-sorry I thought the crying smilely would suggest I wasn't serious.
Page 2 of 2