Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 6:22 AM
Default Is there a way to put vampires into long-term hibernation?
Hello,

I have a household of 25 sims right now, including six vampires. I want to find a way to make the vampires go to sleep until I tell them to wake up. So far, they always seem to wake up in the evening, but I want them to go to sleep for much longer than that.

Basically, my game is getting really slow because I have so many sims in my household and I have a long-term plan to reduce the population, but I've noticed that the game runs much faster when my sims are asleep, so I want to make the vampires sleep until I tell them to wake up. This could be for days, weeks, or even generations. They would essentially be hibernating in their coffins until told otherwise. Does anyone know if there is a setting or something that I can use to do this?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 6:26 AM
Maybe this mod will help?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=100491

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by McChoclatey
Maybe this mod will help?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=100491

Thanks! It worked.

By the way, does anyone know a way to turn off the feature that makes sims wake up and want to rush to the birthday person every time someone grows to a new stage of life?

I mean, I have the hibernation item now, and it works, but my sims keep waking up every day or so because one or other of the mortals in their family changed into an elder, had a baby, or something. This is a problem for the mortal sims too and not just the vampires as it dirsrupts whatever I was having them do too and just generally slows down the game. For instance, the last three pregnancies concluded around 4am so I then had to individually get 20+ people to go back to bed. If there was a way to fix this it would be nice. Thanks in advance if anyone knows a way!
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 12:11 PM
There's the NoAgingSwarm from MATY here. It's in alphabetical order so just scroll down and you'll find it.