Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Undead Molten Llama
#26 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 11:33 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can use the Sim Blender to change aspiration without changing LTW. Possibly the batbox as well. If I had my game open, I'd test it out, but I don't. You could give it a try, though. Just don't save the lot if the LTW changes.

EDIT: @Charity I must have had a default for that stove, then, to add the proper functions because I'm pretty sure it worked just fine on other kinds of lots, before I had Inge's patch. I could be mis-remembering, but I remember liking and using that one because of its stainless steel nature, particularly before I had buggybooz's Kitchen Basic set. (I'm attracted to stainless appliances. )

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 5:10 AM
In game - ReNuYuSenso Orb reward object - will reset aspirations, and Turn on/Turn Off's.

Mods - MATY Batbox or Sim Manipulator or Sims 2 Blender
Instructor
#28 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 1:55 AM
Is it possible to have a functioning daycare for infants and toddlers?

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#29 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
Is it possible to have a functioning daycare for infants and toddlers?

Only if you use Chris Hatch's extra 'EP' at BAS.
Undead Molten Llama
#30 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Only if you use Chris Hatch's extra 'EP' at BAS.

I'm not sure that's necessarily so. I know Jo does daycares in her neighborhoods, but I'm not sure how she sets them up. Paging @joandsarah77

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 3:54 AM
Yes ma'am. Paged and here.

*reads up*

I see. I use Christianlov's transport mirror. I send the toddler to my day care mums house before my sim leaves for work and summon them back once she returns home. (Or dad, but it's mostly mums.) I don't do that with infants though, only toddlers. Bit nervous about moving babies around like that. With the mirror the child really does go to the designated house, or any sim for that matter. I use it for my hospital patents as well. If you load up the day care house the toddler will be there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#32 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 5:01 AM
@Joandsarah777
How do you get them to interact with the todder... I teleported one, but she couldn't eat or sleep, and don't think anyone could pick her up. Does it has to be Christianlov's mirror? I used Simblender.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 6:09 AM
I have found the mirror to be the only one that worked. Somehow it works differently to every other transporter I have tried, it temporarily moves the sim in and makes them selectable without you making them selectable. Your day care person should be able to interact with the child apart from skills, they need some relationship points before they can do things like teach to walk. I use toddler beds or mats so I don't know if they can place them into a crib, but I would guess so.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 9:20 AM
I take all of my screenshots with FRAPS (as opposed to the in-game tool). I figured out how to use tab or F10 to hide most of the UI. I found a mod to hide the red pause border and a console code to hide the speech bubbles/interaction thingies. I even figured out how to move the plumbobs out of the way. However, I have not found a way to hide the interaction queue in the top left corner. I tried switching to build/buy mode and save mode but then it just gets replaced with other buttons. Is it even possible?

I have trouble using the forum search, but I tried google with site:modthesims.info and didn't come up with anything, really.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 10:36 AM
Click the 3 dots or the swatch tool.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#36 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 3:02 PM
No oven. You cannot bake anything without the oven, it is kind of essential
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
No oven. You cannot bake anything without the oven, it is kind of essential

Yep. I did a week with the Brokes without an oven after I remodeled their house without cheating (for once!).

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Instructor
#38 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes ma'am. Paged and here.

*reads up*

I see. I use Christianlov's transport mirror. I send the toddler to my day care mums house before my sim leaves for work and summon them back once she returns home. (Or dad, but it's mostly mums.) I don't do that with infants though, only toddlers. Bit nervous about moving babies around like that. With the mirror the child really does go to the designated house, or any sim for that matter. I use it for my hospital patents as well. If you load up the day care house the toddler will be there.

This sounds amazing!!
By any chance do you have a link to this mirror?

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Theorist
#39 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 6:19 PM
@frenchyxo22
Link to the mirror: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=288005
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 9:31 PM
That's it, as it says in the description it is not so much a teleporter but a move in tool. Even though the sim is 'moved in' they do not get a new memory of that, so you can move them back and forth freely. This is why it works for day care because a teleported toddler has barely any actions but a moved in one does. It also means you can save mums house, load up the day care house and play that for the day. It's easy to pretend that mum dropped the toddler off. Then when mum would be coming home, save and reload the family lot. let that play through and when mum returns home, transport the toddler back. Again pretending she picked them up. Once you load up the day care lot you can even use the mirror to bring other toddlers or kids, those that you know use the day care. Does take some organizing of keeping tabs on who works what days. Also this allows the toddlers to start building relationships with other toddlers and children. The block table is great for making friendships before school age.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#41 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 12:19 PM
Is it even doable to edit the zodiac sign texts that appear on hover? I want to tweak them to my liking. Maybe it needs its own Modding Discussion post, hmm.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:55 PM
Very possible RedSimmies. You just need to find where the game keeps it, and extract it. I've modified a bunch of text-related parts of the game, the hardest part is finding the text you want. But I imagine someone may have found it already, try a google search and a post in the creator forums

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#43 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 2:27 PM
Is it possible to stip motive decay for one Sim? I have a Sim that's a ghost (through a mod) and she shouldn't need to eat and sleep...
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedSimmies
Is it even doable to edit the zodiac sign texts that appear on hover? I want to tweak them to my liking. Maybe it needs its own Modding Discussion post, hmm.

You can find the zodiac sign texts in the base game folder, in \TSData\Res\Text\Live.package.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 5:52 PM
Oh @gummilutt and @Chiklia, thank you both! Now I just need to get my grabby hands on those texts.

I love how moddable this game is.
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Yeah, no fires. So that's good I guess. I also tried to have my sim with 10 cooking points work in the cafeteria and she BURNT the mac and cheese?!? What's up with that? She can make Lobster Thermidor without breaking a sweat, for crying out loud!

I don't think that burning food and fires are not only cooking skill related, I think it is also how clean/sloppy the sim is, I had a sloppy uni NPC cook but with a high level of 8 cooking points, she burned things and set fire to food all the time (made her selectable and she had 2 neat points), wasn't until I hired a maid who insisted on cleaning the stove every day that the fires diminished to almost nil.
Page 2 of 2