Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:56 PM
Does Isla Paradiso make a good Traveler world?
I'm thinking about buying Island Paradise. Does anyone have any experience with turning Isla Paradiso into a Traveler world? It'd be nice to travel to a world for a fun, relaxing vacation, as opposed to going on quests all the time.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:09 PM
No. No. No. Island Paradise is a great expansion pack, but Isla Paradiso is broken. You can download all kinds of mods, buy the most expensive PC in the world and install ellacharmed's fix: it's still going to be laggy and broken
Forum Resident
#3 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:23 PM
^^What this person said..smh Which is a shame because the world is beautiful.
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:00 PM
Player made island worlds were actually what sold me on IP. So depending on your preferences I'd look at a couple of worlds to see if they are worth it for you as well
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:52 AM Last edited by igazor : 17th Sep 2017 at 5:20 AM.
Gonna have to disagree here. In my experience, Isla Paradiso makes a delightful Traveler mod vacation destination. But please, a fixed up version of the world not the abomination of route failure messes and lag timebombs as it comes out of the box. The question becomes whether it is worth the player's time to fix it up into a state that's playable or find better made tropical worlds elsewhere.

Fixed version as a ready to play nhd file, with pages of instructions for the Do It Ourselves crowd. (Edit: The instructions to fix up the world the long way are) best used with EllaCharmed's fixed underlying .world file and a nice helping of NRaas mods tossed in:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...oving-ip-lag/p1
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 2:36 AM
If that save from the link was made without ellacharmed's world fix installed, it will be useless to install the fixed world, though. Since some pre-IP patch level changes to the world file do not apply retroactively to older saves anymore. Only to new saves that are made with the changed world already installed.

Besides, I have played with both the the default and the fixed world and there was no noticeable difference on my side. Most of the lag issues in Isla Paradiso are caused by things that the world fix cannot fix.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 5:18 AM
Corrected my post, what I should have said was that Ella's fixes may still be helpful for the Do It Yourselfers. But it is not a total solution alone in most cases for this particular world.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 7:02 AM
I have had no issues with IP. I love it and the addition of the boats and houseboats, etc. And yes it would work as a vacation world IMO. I am very glad I have it. The dive lots are amazing.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 3:46 PM
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Corrected my post, what I should have said was that Ella's fixes may still be helpful for the Do It Yourselfers. But it is not a total solution alone in most cases for this particular world.

Yup- one of the core issues with the world is the way Island Paradise handles travelling and boats- takes forever to get around since the world is so fragmented- sims have to hop in and out of cars and boats (and usually also do a bit of running).

I would actually suggest finding a world that's a single island/linked by bridges, but which also has boat docks (where boating is really more of a hobby rather than a commute).
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 1:55 PM
I no longer try to play Isla Paradiso as a home world. As mentioned above there are bugs and other issues in IP that renders it not much fun to play as a home world. BUT I do play that world as a Travel destination and have pretty much no problems using it as a vacation spot. The IP EP came with lots of new game play options and I wouldn't want to be without those. See Carl's Guide For IP for more detail. Additionally once you have that world installed you will have all the options available in custom worlds that are made with that EP.