Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 11:09 AM
Default Has anyone done this in Sims 2?
Let's say you paint a still life on a canvas, you then open a business Home or community. You then successfully sell that still life painting and another playable sim who buys it.
If you were to go to that sims lot and check the purchased inventory, would it keep the still life image or would it default to a basic painting?

I found out that you cannot restock that painting either once it's sold that's it.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 12:57 PM
Sure and yes it should stay what they painted, certainly custom stays, which is what I always use rather than still life. It can't be restocked because its hand made, the same as any other craftable. Same as a real life artist selling their own paintings. If you want something restockable without making you need to use catalogue paintings.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 8:39 PM
The only issue I've ever had with custom paintings is once they are placed in inventory they will no longer disappear when you put walls down. Of course, you have to have Numenor's mod to make them vanish in the first place so I suppose they just revert to normal. I guess this is true for any deco wall hangings now that I think about it.

Mac user
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 9:53 AM
Something I noticed a while back, when I was still not super careful about corruption and deleting lots willy-nilly, is that still life and portraits appear to be saved in the lot they originated from. Because every time I deleted a lot with a painting from the family that used to live there in the family's inventory/new lot, it would stop displaying correctly. I'm not an expert, so somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want portraits to be safe, you do have to be extra careful about deleting lots.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
Something I noticed a while back, when I was still not super careful about corruption and deleting lots willy-nilly, is that still life and portraits appear to be saved in the lot they originated from. Because every time I deleted a lot with a painting from the family that used to live there in the family's inventory/new lot, it would stop displaying correctly. I'm not an expert, so somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want portraits to be safe, you do have to be extra careful about deleting lots.

Interesting you mention that, When placing still life portraits in apartments. It appears still life portraits do not keep their form once you leave the apartment and then go back in again, they default back to a basic painting is that a cache issue? It's similar to the issue you encountered. I also discovered there is a way to duplicate the still life portraits. The process requires a repackaging of the lot and the move out bush. I would strongly recommend using the token cleaner and the Batman box.