Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:48 AM
Default College Performance problem?
Whenever I move my sims into college,Everything is fine,Then suddenly the Performance bar unlocks(you know,How you get the skills needed and the bar gets bigger so you can study more) Are gone.Zip.Di.Do.So My teen adults can't pass any year now,because the bar doesn't get bigger
Soz for the bad english,Its my second language

Oh and I already have the skills needed
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 12:59 PM
Are you running the game from the original CD, or from an image? This seems to be a glitch that commonly occurs in copied games. If not, then this is probably a graphical glitch- you will find that the grade goes up anyway.
Site Helper
#3 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 1:47 PM
I have also had it occur with a few custom majors.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 5:59 PM
Really? That's information I'm going to remember- maybe it will help people having this problem.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 3:10 AM
Good info.
But, I've had this happen. Patched..check. Legal CD...check. No hacks...Check. ( In fact my DL folder only contains maxis made objects, hairs,and clothing , a few wallpapers and terrain paints. No recolors or CC) I've done a workaround. It seems to happen on Uni residential lots (not dorms). I've literally graduated hundreds of Sims from Dorms with nary a hiccup. But as soon as I put them on a residential lot the fun and games begins. LOL

ETA: This happens on all 3 of my computers ( in three different States) with different game configurations and different computer specs. 2 of the systems hold only terrain and wallpaper DL's. It's got me stumped. :howdy: I just do the 'move 'em out to a dorm..invite them over to the original lot and propose>move in to fix the problem. ( you need a roomie to do this) *shrug*

Can you tell I travel *a lot* ? LOL

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 6:52 PM
Wow, I've never had this in my game, Canoodle! Are you fully patched, and which EPs do you have? I have all EPs, SPs and patches, as does my daughter, and neither of us have this problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 9:45 PM
Hmm,Its fixed,after I deleted some of my custom content,Still the same.
I realised
It was a residential lot..My grades WERE going up,but my bar was just not updating
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Wow, I've never had this in my game, Canoodle! Are you fully patched, and which EPs do you have? I have all EPs, SPs and patches, as does my daughter, and neither of us have this problem.

Yup. Fully patched games on all 3 computers. Luckily, I rarely have any game problems. In fact, with heavy playing I only get the rare glitch. This one just seems to plague me every once in a while. I'm actually fixing to move a Sim out of a dorm tonight to a residential lot. We'll see what happens to this one. :howdy:

One computer has all EP's and stuff packs, another has all EP's..no stuff packs, and the third one has all Ep's, stuff packs and holiday stuff.

~Lana

ETA: what's really funny is that I have 3 sets of game disks for all EP's and stuff packs. I don't like to haul them around when traveling. So all 3 computers have there own disks. If this was a problem with the game disks, it certainly wouldm't cut across three computers using 3 different game disks in 3 different states. LOL It's just annoying at worst.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 5:10 PM
Although, Lana- there is a very remote possibility that it could be linked to locale in some way. I have the UK English discs (so I got the CD versions of all games except for Pets, which is DVD), so does my daughter of course. The other three people I can think of right away that I know have had this problem are in the USA, so maybe that's a clue? (Of course, it could be a red herring!)
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 11:37 PM
This is currently happening to me, with students who (last time I played) were working fine. I moved them into dorms and they still have a tiny study bar, so that didn't work obviously. It drives me crazy because you can't see how much studying they have done, and one of them almost failed a semester--they are vampires and normally don't go to classes if they are in the day, just do a lot of studying. So... is there no way this can be fixed?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 12:22 AM
Are you running the game with the original/purchased CD ?

Another workaround is to take them to a community lot to see what progress you've made.

Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 1:20 AM
I had this problem too. Only in one household and it changed from student to student. The bar stayed at the lowest part (as though my sim had no required skills fulfilled) and would fill up with studying and going to class, but wouldn't expand past the first section. I just kept them studying and studying (as much as sims who's bars weren't screwed up) and they got good grades anyway.

Just keep 'em studying and going to class and try to keep track of how much you've done.

For me, it changed each semester. Sometimes working properly, sometimes not. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 11:07 PM
I have had this happen to me twice whenever i move off a dorm into a residential then if i move em to another res. So i just move em out and put em back in. Seems to work.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 12:18 AM
I had this problem before, but it went away after I installed Pets and Seasons. Obviously I don't know, but I suspect the problem might have been the OFB NoCD patch I was running for a while (I've had discs damaged from leaving them in drives so I prefer to run without if I can).
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 6:21 AM
A no cd patch is there 1 for pets? mine sometimes gets stuck in this thing called "the loop" and my game crashes and my computer restarts. Thats why i save at least every 15 minutes and if theres lots of things going on good in my homes i save more often especailly birthday parties.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#16 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 11:33 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=35908