Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:13 PM
Default Adult In Uni?
Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question...

I want to make a custom Uni Campus and make sims too. (I may even do a picture story thingy about life at college if it all works out).
I'd like to make a few dorms, but my question is can adult go to college? I mean if I make a few adults etc, and I make the lots "dorms" can those sims live there? Am I able to move them in?

Thanks for your time.
Advertisement
#2 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:51 PM
Adults can not go to college.

You can move teens into a college where they become students (young adults)
or you can create a student from the control panal in your university campus.

You can not make dorms. You can only use pre-made dorms from the specialty lots.

Afterwards you're done with the dorms, rents, community lots etc. You can choose students to move into one of them by dragging them in

Hope that helps!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 3:04 AM
You can build your own dorms in Uni. Just build the dorm as a residential lot, then ctrl-shift-c, enter "changeLotZoning dorm" (no quotes) and save before exiting to neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 6:55 AM
Or you can plant a Maxis dorm, go in and ctrl-shift-c, enter boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled true. Then you can destroy the Maxis dorm and start over or just remodel it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 1:48 PM
Can you have a Dorm (with adults in) in the main hood? Would that work? By useing the cheat to ChangeLotZoning I mean.
Site Helper
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 10:22 PM
You can't change zoning while the lot is occupied, but in the main neighborhood you should have adults and elders available in the sim bin to move into the dorm. I've never tried it, though.

But if you want a mix of adults and Young Adults in the dorm it might get buggy. If you start seeing the schoolbus, it is safe to ignore it. I had a college student ignore it for a whole semester with no effect on his GPA.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 9:13 PM
quick question ><
how can u make a custom teen go to college?
I 've been told u have to use the phone and apply for scholarship but that option wont show up ><
Scholar
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hansmeier
quick question ><
how can u make a custom teen go to college?
I 've been told u have to use the phone and apply for scholarship but that option wont show up ><

You click on the phone, and choose 'college' --> 'move to college'

Or you can go to the uni and in the sim bin there should be an icon that will send sims to college. I forget what it looks like, but if you hover your mouse over it it should be there.
#9 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:58 PM
I've found a brilliant way to have your Adult sims revisit their old university.

Using Dolphin's 'Control this sim' mod,
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=140314
you can have a university teen call up their adult friend, invite them over to the dorm, use the CTS on the visitor, and control them, do what ever you like. its great if your adult sim:

> Has old friends or enemies to visit on campus
> Fancies a free meal or maybe a shower at the gym
> Wants to explore any uni community lot - they will have to call a taxi though
> Wants to keep their old room they spent so hard decorating. You cant lock the door, but you can "shoo" any unwanted sims out of your room
> Uses the inteenimator . (mwah hah hah)
> Especially great if your neighbourhood has three connected universities.

Hope it improves your game
Site Helper
#10 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 2:16 AM
I had Inteen in at the time, so it may be what did it, but I had a YA invite her Adult (Grand Vampire) boyfriend to move in with her. When Vampirocillin started getting too expensive she added windows to the house, prompting him to find his own place without windows. (My story for why he moved back out...) But he stayed on campus.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 2:28 AM
I'm almost positive that I've seen a hack that lets adults go to college, I just can't remember where...I'll go check and see if I can find it for you.
If that is what you are asking for? Maybe I am misreading what you wrote, lol.
#12 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
I had Inteen in at the time, so it may be what did it, but I had a YA invite her Adult (Grand Vampire) boyfriend to move in with her. When Vampirocillin started getting too expensive she added windows to the house, prompting him to find his own place without windows. (My story for why he moved back out...) But he stayed on campus.
I'm about to start again at uni (I only ever play as my selfsim) so i would be very interested in how you made that happen. Hmmm, propose an adult to move in with a teen (you did mean teen didn't you?) in a dorm, and then they can stay on campus after move-out? I will have to investigate this. I really want free access to the university areas as an adult. Theres just so much of a vibe about them!
Site Helper
#13 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 3:31 AM
As I said, it may have been InTeen allowing it. But yes, that was how I did it. I was expecting (and hoping) that Count Quinten would go back to the normal sim bin, but I can see advantages in letting him stay where he is. Especially now that I made him a member of the Secret Society.

#14 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:10 AM
I'd like to state the obvious. Adults can not go to College