Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 5:05 PM
Default Good jobs for vampires?
Vampires have this little "can't go out in the sun" problem, so there are obviously some jobs that vampires can't do. Which jobs tend to carry the lowest risk of exposure to sunlight? I have all expansion packs, so my sim can have any job.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 5:08 PM
doesn't the gangster career work mostly at night? that one might work if i'm correct

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Site Helper
#3 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 6:13 PM
Not too well. They have a few day shifts, and Criminal Mastermind leaves for work at 5:00 pm.

Paranormal is not great for most of it either, but Cult Leader is completely a night job.

There are also custom careers for vampires on MTS2. They work very well.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 6:17 PM
You *CAN* do a normal career. Your vampire shouldn't lose any needs (Bar from the ones sims usually lose) While they're at work. It's just the sprint to the car that's a problem! Solution? Coffin in Garage! :D

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Site Helper
#5 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 6:35 PM
Or you can attach the garage to the house. (If you want a basement in the house, you need to make sure that you build the first block of foundation on a square of ground which is the same height as a wall. Easily done if you build a wall, then raise the terrain next to it until it is slightly higher than the wall. Put a floor tile on top of the wall to cut the terrain to be level with the top of the wall, then bulldoze the tile and start building.)

Owning your own business works well too.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 6:42 PM
If the garage is not attached to the house you can teleport them to the garage using InSIM.
#7 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 6:43 PM
If you want a "traditional" job, meaning, going to work everyday, I'd put a coffin i nthe garage as was previously stated.

When I have a vampire in the household I usually max them out in creativity. Then they can be an artist (constantly painting masterpieces) an author (writing novels) or a DJ (once every few days send them to a nightclub and let them takeover the turntables).
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 7:06 PM
The Slacker career has alot of night shifts......And the ones that aren't don't make you loose too much on needs.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 9:01 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone!

I'm off work today and I'm playing my first sim vampire to celebrate. :-) It's a real challenge! Before I checked back here to view your answers, I played the sims and had my vampire go to the card and drink shack every night. There, he'd get to tend bar, gamble, and perform (I replaced the karaoke machine with a piano) for money and still get to socialize. He also has a dog. The dog has a job, so that helps a bit. So far, that seems to be working out well, but I'll try some of the jobs you described, as well.

Question: why doesn't biting someone's neck fill his hunger bar? He still eats normal sim food. Is that a bug?

EDIT: Ooooh. I got Shaklin's mod. Now the vampire can drink blood with or without killing and can restore the hunger status bar.

FYI: I'm sure you veteran vampire players already know this, but I discovered that the grandfather clock should never be in the same room as the coffin! My sim almost died because the clock woke him up during the daytime.
#10 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 3:27 PM
Ok is there somewhere I can find Shaklin's mod? I lost it at some point and have not been able to find it again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaycee
Ok is there somewhere I can find Shaklin's mod? I lost it at some point and have not been able to find it again.

Here you go:
http://www.shaklin.net/