Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 8:46 AM
Default Only career lifetime wants?
All my sims, except family sims (and maybe pleasure, I haven't tested that yet) only get the 'Reach the top of...' lifetime want. If I reroll the lifetime want with insim, I just get another career lifetime want and if I change the lifetime want with SimPe, the game changes it back to a career lifetime want!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 11:04 AM
It may be a glitch, but have you rolled it enough with inSim? Like the Romance aspiration only has 3 "reach the top of ... career", and then the rest of them are like "20 Simultaneous Lovers" or "WooHoo with 20 different sims", etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 11:32 AM
Yes, I've rolled it more then 20 times with different sims. And if I change it with SimPE, it changes always back to a career lifetime want.
Site Helper
#4 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 1:23 PM
It is starting to sound like a glitch. Unless you have already filled the requirements for all the others. You won't get a LTW for something that you have already done.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 1:30 PM
No, I've not fulfilled the requirements. Now I'm reinstalling Nightlife, I hope this will help

EDIT: The reinstallation doesn't help Only Family, Grilled Cheese and Pleasure give other lifetime wants than careers. Maybe Woohoo with 20 different sims, earn 100.000 etc. were only included in University, not in Nightlife?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 7:34 AM
That's because EAxis borked the lifetime wants options...after Nightlife. That's why you don't see any Uni career wants if you have installed a later EP.
http://www.snootysims.com/infoindex.php?id=lifetime As you can see, depending on personality LTW are mostly career related except for a few aspirations. Plus, it's just the luck of the draw. For the longest time all my knowledge sims wanted to max all skills. I haven't seen that roll up for over 6 months now. Go figure.

In fact, the Uni lifetime wants will never show up if you have a later expansion pack after Uni. To enable those wants, you need Pescado's fix:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8793.0.html

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 11:54 AM
No, that isn't the problem, the problem is that max all skills, earn 100.000, woohoo with 20 different sims etc. just doesn't appear, the only lifetime wants for Knowledge, Fortune, Romance and Popularity are 'reach the top of the ... career', I haven't got Uni, only Nightlife.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 10:53 AM
Does anyone knows the solution of my problem? I really want my fortune sims to want much money and my romance sims to do woohoo with many other sims.
Site Helper
#9 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 5:46 PM
There is a way to use SimPE to give them a Lifetime Want that they can't roll. But you might want to make sure you don't have a hack conflict preventing those other ones from appearing.

I think the hack on MATY that allows all LTW's for any aspiration might help too. (Although it did give me a Romance sim who wanted to reach his golden anniversary and a Family sim who wanted to woohoo 20 sims. It was a lot of fun figuring out the logic behind those two.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 7:29 PM
No, I've tried the hack already. And I don't think it's a hack conflict, the first time I saw this problem I only had installed the insiminator. Can you tell me the SimPE method please?
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 7:42 PM
You should first take out all your CC and test it to see if it's a CC problem. If it is, then you have to fix it a different way.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Custom_Content

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 7:57 PM
But I can't see if it worked, because if I remove insim, then I can reroll my lifetime wants.
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 8:05 PM
I guess take out everything other than inSIM and test it. Are you sure you have the correct version of inSIM installed?

EDIT: Otherwise if nothing but the re-rolling conflicts, it's something you could just live with :shrug:

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 8:17 PM
But I had also this problem when I only had insim as custom content.
Site Helper
#15 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 3:25 PM
http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/si...a-lifetime-Want

Tutorial for the SimPE method

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 8:10 PM
I've tried it, but they just get another lifetime want.
Site Helper
#17 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 3:15 PM
Are you saying that you edit the lifetime want in SimPE to give them one you want them to have, then go into the game and discover that it is a different one?

If it is the same one they had before, you may have forgotten to commit the change. If it is completely different, does SimPE show them as having the one you set or the one you see in the game?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 11:12 AM
It changes to a different one, Don Lothario first wanted to reach the top of the slacker career, then I changed it with SimPE to have the woohoo lifetime want and then when I look in the game, he's lifetime want has changed to reach the top of the athletic career. SimPE displays it as 'WooHoo with 20 different sims'.
Site Helper
#19 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 5:49 PM
It sounds like a glitch or hack conflict if the non-career LTWs are being altered in-game like that. Anything further would probably belong on MTS2.

I am curious about what would happen if you fill the LTW that you gave a sim rather than the one the game shows. An easy way to find out would be to give a knowledge sim the LTW of max out 7 skills, then use SimPE to set all but 1 at 10, and the final one at 9.85. Go in-game and study the final one to see if the sim goes perma-plat or has to go through some career first.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 8:28 PM
Oh, I made a mistake, it changed to reach the top of the athletic career, I forgot to save. Maybe I should try to use the check box in SimPE for the LTW. But in the method, there stands: (Note that it is possible to check the box to lock a Lifetime want. DON'T DO IT!!! I'm not sure whether it was that or a conflicting hack, but the character I tried that with ended up not getting credit for filling his LTW. Fortunately it was fairly easy to remove part of a level of logic with SimPe, then let him Max out 7 skills again after removing the hack and unlocking the LTW. That time it worked.)
#21 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 12:25 PM
try switching them with Sim Modder(use the boolprop spawn option; its on the second page of spawns and comes with NL)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 3:45 PM
There isn't an option on the Sim Modder to change lifetime wants.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 10:57 PM
Use the lot debugger from MaTY to cycle through the LTWs until you get to a non-career one. There are only a few, it may take quite a few clicks, if you keep re-rolling it will probably take longer. Also get the LTW fix from MaTY, your LTW will depend less on the aspiration.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st May 2008 at 8:23 AM
That doesn't work, I just get other career LTWs. If I download that LTW fix from MATY, some of my sims, eg. my elder knowledge sims, just have no LTW.
Site Helper
#25 Old 1st May 2008 at 6:38 PM
Then this is definitely a glitch or a hack conflict. (ie technical.) Try removing your hacks and see if the problem persists with no CC.

Page 1 of 2