Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 10:42 PM
Photobooth photo's
Hello,

I just bought Nightlife and I'm already in love with the photobooth. The pictures that a Sim takes are just too cute. But now I have a question:
Can I find the photo's anywhere on my computer? Or can they only be seen in game?

I hope someone can answer my question,

Avaluna
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 10:44 PM
They are in your sims Inventory and can be hung on the wall or placed on a table/desk. You can only see them in game as far as I'm aware.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 10:15 AM
Okay, thank you. That's too bad..
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:10 PM
The best thing you can do to get those photos (or at least a good look at it) is to hang the photo on a wall from your sim's inventory. Then, just take a picture of that photo on the wall.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 1:23 PM
That's really a shame. I'd love to have a pic like that as my background on my computer. But oh well, I'll probably manage without.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Site Helper
#6 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 2:15 PM
I haven't looked with the Photobooth, but I have discovered that in the main Storytelling folder (The one outside all the neighborhoods) there is a pair of entries labeled "screenshot" and "snapshot". They hold the last time you took a picture with the in-game camera or painted a picture. It -might- also hold photobooth shots. I was meaning to check for sure, but then I got an opportunity for an absolutely priceless picture and clicked it without remembering my photobooth experiment.

If they are in there, you would need to adjust the size, since they are stored at the regular in-game camera size despite the size that would work for them. This means that painting images are distorted, and the photobooth pictures probably would be distorted as well.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#7 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 12:26 PM
you can try making a screen of them( C ); you will find them in My Documents somewhere
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 3:46 PM
They are actually saved in the Lot file. To find it, make a copy of the lots folder from your My Cocuments/ Sims 2/ Neighbourhoods/ N00x folder (where x is the number of your hood). Work with this copy, not the original! Open Sims2Pack Clean Installer and use it to browse all of the files in that copied lots folder. You should, from this, be able to pinpoint the lot you are interested in, by looking at the thumbnals of the houses. Then, open that lot in Sim PE. Find the resource marked 'Texture Image' and open it. You should see your photobooth image in here, as well as any paintings your sim has done. Right click the image and export it to your desktop; you now have the image in it's own file.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st May 2008 at 7:49 PM
Thanks so much simsample. I'm certainly going to try this!

And sorry for the late answer. I didn't check this thread back, because I thought it wasn't possible. :P
Scholar
#10 Old 1st May 2008 at 9:03 PM
Useful answer yes. I'm just coping this folder to look at it. Not a lot of photobooth photos but many paintings I don't want to lose (sometime the paintings vanish, memory problem (?) and it's a security). Thank you.
#11 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:31 AM
It's a shame, I'm just like you Avaluna, That'd be pretty cool to have the photos on your computer. And it'd be even cooler with one of those photos as a desktop background o.o
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:05 PM
JanePstar, did you even read the thread? It is possible to extract them, and I explain how.
#13 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:10 PM
Is there any way to frame them in the game?
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:16 PM
sharkloverplayer: yes, just place them on wall or surface.....

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#15 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:25 PM
I'm talking about framing the picture.There's a camera with universities that lets you frame pictures but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.I'm hoping it will work with photobooth photos you hang on the wall.I have a lot of them hanging on walls and with cameraman view you can look at them easily.
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
I'm talking about framing the picture.There's a camera with universities that lets you frame pictures but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.I'm hoping it will work with photobooth photos you hang on the wall.I have a lot of them hanging on walls and with cameraman view you can look at them easily.

But the photos from the booth do get a frame when you put them on the wall.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:34 PM
^^ lol yee what ferret said.
or do you want a frame on them while still being in your inventory- cos i don't think thats possible.?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'