Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 9:43 PM
Default The Soundtrack
On Gamespot they have a complete list of songs that will be featured in both the PC and console versions of Pets. Go here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...tml?sid=6157570

What do you think of these songs? I think the only band I've heard of on that list is "The Netw0rk." I was going to post this in the sticky thread, but I think opinions and discussion on the soundtrack deserves a topic of it's own.
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 9:57 PM
In that list I recognise... 0 of the names
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 12:25 AM
Out of that whole thing I only recognize two artists, and that's Flaming Lips and Ralph Myerz and the Jack Herren Band. Both of which are awesome. Pussycat Dolls...someone's gonna have to suffer for that choice.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 9:51 AM
ive heard of the ***** cat dolls cause im think they have a comercial with their songs on it (or im mixing it up with another group...its the diet hinekin commercial...donchat wish or whatever) and those aly ppl but onlycause of this site ant the link to that simlish verison o ftheir song which i never heard of before hand...all th eothers i havnt got the slightest idea of who they are.........and i kinda wonder if the ***** cat dolls where chosen solely for their animal name?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 11:10 AM
I only recognize a few of those names but honestly, after a while I just get so used to the Sims music that I enjoy it all. They've played the Pussycat Dolls to death where I live, so a few more times can't hurt me. I think it might actually be fun in Simlish.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 7:04 PM
I've never heard of any of them except the Pussycat Dolls...
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 8:07 PM
Oh god, not the Pussycat Dolls! And it's Don Cha as well... that song gets played WAY too much here, and it sucks... I HATE the Pussycat Dolls!

...They'd better have only chosen them for the name. Grr, I am going to HAVE to disable that song in the game, or it will spoil my playing.

*mumblemumblegrumblemumble*
#8 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 8:16 PM
OMG YOU'VE never head of Flaming Lips or Saving Jane?

Wow...
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 9:00 PM
Haha, me too Trissle. I'm so behind the times...
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 10:36 PM
[In an elderly voice:] "These kids and their :censored: rap music these days!"
Er, yeah, It's not really an age-issue; even people of the same age like different music. I'm 20-years old and the only one of these I seem to recognize is the Pussycat Dolls but in name only. I don't think I've ever really heard any of their songs, but I have heard of some people's dislike for them. I somewhat like the idea of Maxis getting recording artists to record Simlish versions of their songs, but so far it seems to be somewhat hit or miss for me at least. There have been good songs, and there have been songs that I will forever keep muted in the Settings menu.

Faithlove13xxx, "Saving Jane"? I don't suppose that's the "Saving Private Ryan" version of "G.I. Jane", is it? </bad joke>
#11 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 6:26 PM
No, it's not, you music deprived soul.
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 6:36 PM
I found it kind of weird that the console versions will have exclusive songs, but not the PC! Isn't there supposed to be country music too, or do some of those songs fit in the country genre? I know I read at TSR that there would be country music, but they said nothing about all these bands. Looks like Pets will have a lot of new music, which I definitely wasn't expecting for a pets expansion. Nightlife added quite a bit of music, but I think Pets will have more by the looks of it.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 7:19 PM
Faithlove13xxx, I really do listen to a lot of music, but not usually what's in the currrent Top 20. Back on topic, that's about 21 songs listed for the PC. I would be surprised if they didn't add any new Build Mode, Buy Mode, and CAS music. This is a very good number of new songs.

Edit: The word "Forgive" in the following line can be interchanged with the word "Ignore". :doh

Forgive my ignorance, but why do I see, "Barenaked Ladies and The Sims 2 bring you FREE Simlish downloads! Download these exclusive MP3's." here? There is even an ad in the side of the page. Are they included in the EP and not listed? There are three songs in Simlish.

Added: Never mind, quote from Freetobejulie: "In FFS, a number of songs were by the Barenaked Ladies. I think I read that at the official site."
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 7:39 PM
Oh right, some of the Build Mode, Buy Mode, and CAS music could be exclusive to PC. The buy mode music and the the Junkie XL version of The Sims 2 Uni theme from Nightlife were in the console version of The Sims 2 though.

OT: I had no idea that FFS had new music!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#15 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
OT: I had no idea that FFS had new music!

Neither did I. Adding the "forehead-slapping" smilie, I left the record of my ignorance in my post for others to learn about the FFS music and for anyone who wants the link if they want the songs.

I do hope the music for this EP sounds good, especially the start-up loop. I liked the University and Nightlife start-up loops, but the OFB start-up loop got somewhat old fast in my opinion. I like OFB (I really do); however, the sooner I get into a neighborhood and away from the OFB start-up loop, the better.

Lately, I've been imagining the Pets start-up loop as one of the previous start-up loops but with dog and cat sounds added in random parts of the song. I hope that won't be the case. If it is, I will do things like go have dinner or take a shower while the game is loading. :hmm:
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 8:34 PM
At the beginning of the Create-A-Pet video on Gamespot there's a new song. Unfortunately the video starts at the end of it and goes to one of the base game songs. I really liked the Nightlife loadloop song, that's also in the console version. I agree with you about the OFB loadloop, I'm really bored of it now.

I shouldn't really doubt that Pets will come with a new version of the theme of The Sims 2 (I mean the one that plays in the neighborhood screen, there's been a new one for each ep, and NL had two I think), but since the first trailer used the theme from Uni, I'm starting to wonder. :shrug:
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 8:46 PM
Huh, now I want to get FFS, just because I like Barenaked ladies. The news about Pets soundtrack is sending me on a rollercoaster of emotions...I HATE the pussycat dolls, they are incredibly annoying. But on the other hand, the Flaming lips are pretty bloody good. The list looks to be incredibly indie music dominated, by the way, but that's what's popular right now, so I'm not too surprised.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#18 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 2:48 AM
Julieth, just thank the Maxiod(s) who gave us the option to mute specific songs from the game. The ability to mute certain songs is as much of a blessing as the ability to put your own music in the radio stations. If you don't like them, you can mute them and enjoy the rest. Unless I'm really lucky and happen to like some of these songs (perhaps I should track down the original versions and listen to them?), I'll probably be adding to my "muted songs" list.
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 7:08 AM
The only one I've heard of is "Chemicals React" and I have to say I like the song. I was surprised to find that it wasn't one of the songs on the Aly & AJ album I got. However, for the amount it plays on Disney Channel I've come to believe that this is a GREAT song, because of the melody, for The Sims 2.

<all I know of the song>
"Were you right
Was I wrong
Were you weak
Was I strong
Yeah, both of us broken
Caught in the moment..."

</all I know of the song>

Aly & AJ - Chemicals React (Simlish Version) Music Video
#20 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 8:22 AM
I listened to the song in English and HATED it but I LOVE the simlish version. I know a few of the words but I couldn't type them, just sing non-sensically. I probably have a terrible accent, I need to take professional simlish lessons or my sims with never respect me
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 10:02 AM
I've heard and know about a few those bands and songs, it should be good to hear them in Simlish ;D

I can't beleive some people don't know any of those bands. :s
#22 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 9:11 PM
I finally heard Pussycat dolls this weekend ("Buttons"). I'm unimpressed.

though I did make my boyfriend laugh doing a simlish versoin of Buttons...hehe
#23 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:50 AM
I've never heard Buttons, and I hope it stays that way until I can ultimately have my epitaph declare, "Was blessed never to have heard Buttons".
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 2:29 AM
Well, I just listened to English samples of "I Never Know" by Something for Rockets, "Free Radicals" by the Flaming Lips, "I Play Chicken With a Train" by Cowboy Troy, and "Turn Out the Light" by New Amsterdams. They all sound good to me, I'm looking forward to hearing their simlish versions when I get Pets! :music:

"I Play Chicken With a Train" is definitely country. I guess this means that there will still be the new country station, but there will also be new songs added to other stations from the base game. I'm sure at least "Chemicals React" would appear in the pop station.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 10:59 AM
Eh. I don't like Cowboy Troy much. Or Pussycat Dolls. But oh well... the others sound ok... at least the ones I know do. *lol*
Page 1 of 2