Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 3:20 AM
Default So what annoys you about Pets?
Now that people have had time to play, what little nit-picky things with the expansion annoy you?

Personally I hate how the lights don't come on when the pets enter the room. I want to be able to see, damnit!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 3:23 AM
I dont think Ive noticed the lights thing...

I dont like the puppy/kitten stage. They LOOK adorable, but they really dont do anything other than eat and sleep. I would have liked to see some different types of toys the little guys could play with.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 3:29 AM
I hate how if the puppies cant climb stairs...if my sim adopts one, the cop drops it off outside and it has no way of getting in (if your house has stairs) Im always needing to use the "move object on", or the game should have had your sims be able carry them around. And they shoud also be able to play with toys like real puppies do.

#4 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 3:36 AM
The difficulty you have when trying to become a werewolf. GAH!! I why can't the leaders of the pack just come and bite people at random? Its so annoying!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:28 AM
It really annoys me that all the 'wants' my sim ever have is to interact with pets. It doesn't matter what aspiration they have. No more smooching, playing, skilling, woo hoo etc. Just play with the pets. They are obsessed. I'm ready to uninstall.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:38 AM
I think at MATY there's a hack that lowers the ... "score" for pets and makes sims mess with them less. I snagged it as soon as I saw it, it's been nice.
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:44 AM
I snagged the no pee puddles hack - that one is my best friend.

Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:51 AM
I got the new updated yellow pee instead - it makes them evaporate faster but you still get them. I didn't like having none :p
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:52 AM
Yellow pee, ewww. I like having no puddles because then you dont have to feel like you need to potty-train the pet right away. Or maybe Im just lazy...

Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:02 AM
haha yes, it's more amusing when sims pee themselves yellow and not blue :D
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:06 AM
where are these two hacks Discord? They sound amazing!

I also hate how the animals are now the sims life... it's the only thing in their wants!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:07 AM
Yeah, the puppies and kittens are cute but just sleep and eat, and play a little....I don't understand why they can't play with the toys....and I agree, hate how the sim becomes obsessed with the pet.....my one sim picked up her kitty at 20 times in a row, it was pretty annoying...poor cat
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:14 AM
Scholar
#14 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:15 AM
Ever since i downloaded it my computer minimizes the screen when it hits to much pressure or tasks, so it really sucks to have to keep getting in and out of the game every time something big happens in my game.

PixieDust_Fairy

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:18 AM
How when my one dog keeps going pee on the balcony and when I want to scold her it says "scold for peeing outside" and I dont want that cause then the dog will pee in the house.
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:29 AM
Thank you!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:41 AM
Here's another one - that you HAVE to bathe dogs in order to get them clean. I've had dogs, they lick themselves just like cats do :p
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:47 AM
Bad breeding. Two pointed ear dogs have flopped ears? And little and big dogs having big dogs that look exactly alike the little one? I think they should have taken a little more time on this EP, but I guess they didn't want people waiting any longer.
Scholar
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 6:20 AM
simrocks123 i agree ..the only thing i could think of when i had 2 dogs mate with pointed ears and they had all floppy eared puppies was maybe maxis decided that the pointed ears werent natural (is in they were surgicaly cropped)? thats the only way that it makes any sense to me lol........oh and sims2fanatic i pretty sure that technically when your pet pees on a balacany or foundation its considered out side so either make sure they cant get to that spot or may sure they can only get to grassy areas to go pee

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 6:28 AM
ughh. i hate how you can't make the pets do anything. they have to do everything themself. for instance, you cannot make them lay on a pillow or go play with a toy like a sim.

it's quite annoying.

you don't have much control over them.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 7:39 AM
Use the control pet cheats, they work wonders :D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 7:53 AM
I hate it that there are no dog shows... I mean my dog has just learned a few tricks and he cannot even show it to other sims and get a prize for it or have a contest with other dogs and the best dog gets a prize. And also my sims don't have any command-option to learn the dog bring the daily newspaper to them...
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 8:08 AM
This is a little one but I hate how you have to type in two seprate cheats to fully control your pets, Controlpets on and PetActionCancel true.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 8:09 AM
I put them in my userstartup.cheat file, that way I never have to type them in :D
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 8:14 AM
Yeah I tried to make a user startup cheat file but it never worked.
Page 1 of 4