Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:18 AM Last edited by Simonut : 1st Feb 2010 at 1:20 AM.
Default Mrs. Crumplebotton Do You Like Her Or Not ?
I have no ideas why she is called Mrs. Crumplebottom, who on earth would marry her? I find her to be a busy body always in other sims business, she hate to see a sim dance, hug , and please do not kiss she may hit you clear in the head with her old maid purse or bag.

If your sims hang around a community pool lots in undies or swimwear watch out! They are prime targets for Mrs. Crumplebottom. I really think the old maid Crumplebottom is a real "Alcoholic and Gambler" the old bat is always at the bars drinking and playing cards.

She do get on my nerves but to me she add excitement to the game, Plus she need to be in a mental ward she a real nut case, just on that fact alone I let her pass. :D

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:44 AM
Mrs Crumplebottom is a curious character, I think I read a theory once about who she actually is.

Three equals four.
Instructor
#3 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:42 PM
Mrs. Agnes Crumplebottom is a bitter old bag for different reasons depending on what game you go by:
In TS1 it is because she has a victorian sense of morals that say PDA is bad.
In TS2 and 3 it is because her husband died tragically on their honeymoon, and now she is embittered and feels that no one else should have love. Also, the Mrs. C in 2 and 1 are two different people, but Agnes from 3 and Mrs. C from 1 are the same person.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:48 PM
Apparently Mrs Crumplebottom is actually related to the Goth family in Pleasantview. She was also originally in the Sims 1 as Miss Crumplebottom, who was married to a man called Robert Crumplebottom,( Her original name was possibly Agnes Goth) but her husband died in a chandelier related accident, so that's why she is so grumpy and tries to stop all romantic socials from happening around her. (Or so I've read on various Sims 2 sites) Lots of people find MC annoying, because she is always ruining their sims dates and stuff, but I actually like her. No neighbourhood is complete without a mean, old lady to bug your sims. :D

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:43 PM
Yes, she is a old witch, a bitter dumbbunny, and an old fart. But she does make things more livley.... :D

"If you want to be a hero, you must have dreams... and honor. Embrace your dreams. " - Angeal
Scholar
#6 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:22 PM
I once had a mod to stop her completely, but I missed her. Where is the fun of a date without the risk to feel her purse? (Well, the risk for my sims, the fun for me. )
Now, with a mod to stop her from seeing through walls, my sims can play hide and seek with her.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 10:48 PM
Thanks for the 411 astrognash and Raindrops757 about Crumplebottom, here my take on the whole thing lol No.1 Husband died tragically on their honeymoon. WHY? Because after he married the old bag in his dream that night he saw the future, that his life would become a living nightmare of forever torture, fill with deep fear of the future, he took his life.

No.2 Chandelier related accident. WHY? Here my take. After years of being married to Crumplebottom, he was no longer the man he use to be, the respect he once had in the community was gone, he was a family man she was childless nor did she want children. So one day he called the repair man over to fix the chandelier, but in the middle of it he stop the repair man from tighting the very last screw.

He waited until Crumplebottom returm home all she ever care for was her shiny crystal Chandelier she would for sure turn the switch on that would bring his doom, for everyday she would demand him to stand under it's light so that she can be sure the lighting was perfect. He stood and stood for now he knew he would be free at last, very soon down came the chandelier upon him his last words to Crumplebottom was I am better dead than being with you! lol ( Just my take on it hahahaha )

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Thanks for the 411 astrognash and Raindrops757 about Crumplebottom, here my take on the whole thing lol No.1 Husband died tragically on their honeymoon. WHY? Because after he married the old bag in his dream that night he saw the future, that his life would become a living nightmare of forever torture, fill with deep fear of the future, he took his life.

No.2 Chandelier related accident. WHY? Here my take. After years of being married to Crumplebottom, he was no longer the man he use to be, the respect he once had in the community was gone, he was a family man she was childless nor did she want children. So one day he called the repair man over to fix the chandelier, but in the middle of it he stop the repair man from tighting the very last screw.

He waited until Crumplebottom returm home all she ever care for was her shiny crystal Chandelier she would for sure turn the switch on that would bring his doom, for everyday she would demand him to stand under it's light so that she can be sure the lighting was perfect. He stood and stood for now he knew he would be free at last, very soon down came the chandelier upon him his last words to Crumplebottom was I am better dead than being with you! lol ( Just my take on it hahahaha )

I like those ideas.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 12:13 PM
I actually played 1 recently, and in 1 she is Miss Crumplebottom!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 12:59 PM
I think she (Mrs.C) and the unsavory charlatan would make a lovely couple: one to give, one to take. The special npcs are annoying, but annoyance adds to the fun.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 3:53 PM
I like her,
She brings some of the fun in my game.

de
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 12:58 PM
She's kinda cute, but she rarely shows up..
Forum Resident
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 4:56 PM
I hate her. Only yesterday, my sim was at the park, he went for a swim then went to cook some hotdogs still in his swimwear. Along comes Crumplebottom...and i know she usually has a go at sims for being in swimwear..but she kept on trying to 'lecture' him about 10 times, and i was trying to get him in the car to head home, but everytime he was about to, she would lecture him and he'd always cancel out going to the car..i was there for about 10 minutes just trying to get him in the car the stupid old witch!

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Instructor
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:37 PM
The thing I hate about her is that you can't 'interact' with her, other than her haranguing your sim. It's frustrating to not be able to torment her until she cries.
Scholar
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 8:35 PM
Do you want to stop the queue stomping, or do you want to get even with her?
Instructor
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:42 PM
GET EVEN! Thank you. XD
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdanon
I think she (Mrs.C) and the unsavory charlatan would make a lovely couple: one to give, one to take. The special npcs are annoying, but annoyance adds to the fun.

I miss the mime from TS1. There should have been a mime NPC added with NL.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:13 AM
I can't stand her because she is such a grump. I could have my sim all gussied up in their formal and when I try to get a sim to talk to her, she gets all grouchy and screams at them. What a grumpy lady. She reminds me of some of my elementry school teachers where no matter how hard you tried, nothing was good enough and she would pick out the most mundane mistake or even an accidently smudge and act as if you commited a murder. Yeah, I don't like her a bit. I wish I could either erase her somehow or give her a personality change.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you“- Nietzche
Instructor
#19 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:51 PM
Phoenix-Kat, I like your sig line given the subject of the conversation. So I shouldn't try to fight her, then?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by I_Love_Simming
I hate her. Only yesterday, my sim was at the park, he went for a swim then went to cook some hotdogs still in his swimwear. Along comes Crumplebottom...and i know she usually has a go at sims for being in swimwear..

I can't deal with it... I have a water park in my custom neighborhood, and one day Crumplebottom shows up and lectures one of my sims for wearing her swimsuit! At the POOL. (Granted, she was wearing a skimpy bikini, but the game doesn't know that!) That poor sim also ran into Crumplybutt previously, on her first date with her boyfriend. He got purse-whacked for kissing in public. She seems to show up every time I send sims out for a date.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:43 PM
I had a video (it glitch'd. Damn video recorder...) in which two Sims were on a date and she was nearby...the date ended and the two kiss, and then right afterwards WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM hit over the head with her purse.

I want to prank her or flirt, but for some reason, it doesn't work. I think my game's glitched.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:54 PM
No she is extremely rude and creepy she made community lots hell for my sims.
#23 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:05 PM
Ack! The internet just ate my reply!

Attempting to rebuild from memory: Naw, that`s the way she`s supposed to work.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:30 AM
Well, Norikazu says she is an old hag (and we all know how rude it is called an old woman "hag"), but he has very good reasons:

...and Hitoshi believes she is seriously mental, adding that he has "no sympathy for her condition".

Well, I don't blame them. Old ladies spend the evenings and nights at home, don't go to bars and restaurants to have drinks and attack happy, merry people. No, I don't like her, and no tragic story from the past can convince me that insane Sims shouldn't be locked in.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 9:15 PM
Great!! Pictures "Nalia" of the OLD BAT Crumplebottom, But I must say she do add a lot of excitement to the game, when the sims get busted lol. I use a cheat just to look at her wants.

And guess what? Hahahaa she want to fall in love and get married, can you all believe that ? Like I said in another post on this subject who would want to marry her ? Well unless they are trying to commit suicide and a bit crazy themself then I can see them being with her to bring about their seal doom.

Page 1 of 5