Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:58 PM Last edited by StarlightBeauty : 16th Jul 2010 at 7:13 PM.
Default the ultimate potty-training cheat
Obviously you need Nightlife.
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+C
2. A box should appear. Click inside of it, and type in MaxMotives. (It sounds strange, but stick with me here.)
3.Re-open the text box (Ctrl+Shift+C)
4. Enter Motivedecay off.
5. Re-open the textbox again (you should know how to open it by now) and enter "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotations (")
6. Shift+Click on the sim you want to potty train th toddler.
7. Select "Spawn..."
8. Keep going until you see sim modder and select that.
9. Click that. It will take the appearance of an infant standing up.
10.Change to your toddler sim.
11. Select Motives
12. Press Bladder then Mid. (Note: if you select min they will just pee themselves instead)
13. Go to Aspiration rewards (adult sim)
14. If you don't have enough for the smart milk, click on the sim modder and select Aspiration... all reward points.
15.Put it on a counter close to the potty. (This is because sims are stupid and if you have it close to the kitchen they will walk all the way over to the kitchen with the toddler, put the toddler down then when he/she is finished drinking go all the way back)
16.Shift Click on your adult sim. select Set Aspiration... select more until you see Max. Select Max, and do the same with the toddler sim.
17. Open the cheat box and type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" because you definitely DON'T want to leave boolprop running.
18.Click on the smart milk machine and select make smart milk for -the toddlers name-
19. Give it to the toddler.
20. Now potty train the toddler. (The good thing is, the toddler won't stop peeing until you enter a cheat)
21.When he/she is fully potty-trained, open the cheat box and type in MaxMotives, then Motivedecay off. The toddler will then stop peeing. However, if you want the motives to go down like normal, type in Motivedecay on.

Note: I had 6 toddlers in the same family and potty trained them like this.However, I taught them to talk and walk normally (except with Motivedecay off) and it started since my sims moved in Monday 8:00 am and ended at Wednesday 1:22 am. So they all grew up with the skills they needed to be successful.

Another Note: Do not do this with 6 kids normally, as it requires Motivedecay off and some of your kids are doomed to grow up badly.

Well that's it and hope it's useful.

@Lady, I did this for the people who find potty-training hard and yes, when their bladder is low that's when you potty train them but it gets on my nerves when they need to go eat, go sleep etc
@Anyone who reads this,
do not start complaining about it UNTIL you actually try it. I mean yeah sure, Potty training ONE sim with this is ridiculous, but it's meant for more than one toddler. It also depends on how people like to play the game.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:03 PM
It's really not that hard to potty train without the cheat. ._.

Just keep an eye on your toddlers bladder and make them get on whenever they need to, he/she should be potty trained before they grow up into a child. (:
Inventor
#3 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:40 PM
Smartmilk is probably all you need really without any cheats - they'll learn how to go to the potty on their own after two "gos" max! (providing you train them when their bladder is full).
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Lolliipops
It's really not that hard to potty train without the cheat. ._.

Just keep an eye on your toddlers bladder and make them get on whenever they need to, he/she should be potty trained before they grow up into a child. (:

I agree, but say if you have a lesbian couple that woohoo with eachother and you have the same sex pregnancy hack. One of them has quads and one has a single baby. Plus they adopted a child a few days before. It has happened to me, and this cheat would've been useful.
Inventor
#5 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:58 PM Last edited by cheshirekat : 17th Jul 2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: correction
If you are going to cheat, you could get the Smart Toddler Picture (here at MTS2) and save yourself quite a few steps.

I don't like having babies in my game, but with all the cc available, it is a much better experience for me than it used to be. I think mostly because as soon as they accomplish whatever goals I want, then I age them to the next age group. But I also try to be careful about when I age them up because I want them to grow up to a child/teen early in the week so they can go to school and get their grades up. (Although it is also possible to use something like Merola's Painting to adjust their grades, put them in private school, etc.)

The last kids born in my game, I didn't use any cheats or the smart milk for the toddler. I just wanted to see if I could do it.

I watched tv until it was time to switch to the next training activity. I kept three trays of juice ready; eggplant juice, orange juice, pepper punch. Sims drink the orange juice if hunger was low, if skill points and energy isn't needed because it is much much faster than eating even a pre-prepared meal. Then had the mom use the restroom and nap in a recliner by the toddler's bed while the toddler slept. Training commenced when the kid woke up. When the toddler grows to a child, their energy may be low and they are hungry - tada, have some eggplant juice! Now have some pepper punch!

I found it easiest to teach them to talk, then walk, then potty train. Anyone else do it in a different order?

This works for me:

Infant: 1 day
Toddler: 2 days max
Child: 3 days
Teen: 1 week (I like teens, so I don't have a problem playing them the full term so they can learn gardening and fishing and help with the family business.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:44 AM
I tend to do walk, then talk, then potty train. Though if I use Smart Milk potty training normally gets done first. And I always do learn nursery rhyme after talk - how could anyone learn a nursery rhyme before they could talk!

Why do I do it in this order? Because this is the order I learned these skills in in real life! :-D Unlike you, cheshirekat, I normally play the full terms for all ages though.
Inventor
#7 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:33 PM
I usually teach talking first and walking last, with potty-training somewhere inbetween (and nursery rhyme teaching usually last). Really it depends on what their motives are like and whether the parent also has sufficient energy. Usually when everyone is rested I'll do the walking and if the toddler has less energy my sim will sit down with them and teach to talk or teach a nursery rhyme. Then I keep an eye on the bladder and do the potty training at any point when it's full.

But smartmilk is always on hand! I've been playing Sims 3 recently and a single mom was bringing up twin toddlers on her own (I groaned when she came out of the hospital with twins) - and without the advantages of something like smartmilk in the game it was pretty hard work!
Inventor
#8 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:30 PM
When I use smart milk, I use the buyable smart milk and place it on the floor so the kid can get it immediately after doing whatever training they are doing while mom drinks juice or empties the potty or something.

I don't have whatever ep is needed for learning nursery rhymes. Does that training take as long as the others?

Sometimes I don't use smart milk because I'm so busy thinking about getting all the training done and over with so I can age up the brat. And sometimes I don't use it because it would make the toddler complete training at the wrong time. Like I said, I want the childhood stuff to go fast, so it is important they become children at the beginning of the week. If I think I'm going to have a lot of time to kill before a good time to age up the tot, I just let the mom/parents take their time training without the smart milk. I don't care whether the toddler learns any other skills or plays with the toddler toys which are a waste of money considering how little they are used. I like to wait until they become a child to start any skill building. Depending on timing, a child might even start learning to fish and garden.

I've been tempted to skip the walking, talking and potty training altogether. Just because I've never done it and wonder what the kid would be like if it didn't get properly trained. But I talk myself out of experimenting with the kids every time. Kids are bad enough without intentionally causing them to miss out on those skills. And if the experiment had bad results, I wouldn't want the results passed to the next generation - if I ever allowed an untrained child to have children. Is it possible for sims to be more stupid?

Well, I gotta go find some gym clothes for the children in my game. Thought I had downloaded a bunch but just took the Ramirez family shopping and I only had two outfits to choose from, both cc. Maybe child sims don't exercise? I can't even remember, I just wanted her to have some gym clothes to wear while fishing with her father. I have some peasant dresses I'm tempted to use for the premade sims. But I have my born-in-game sim toddlers in other families that I always dress in cute clothes, just like their founder parents get to wear the best outfits I've downloaded.
Inventor
#9 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:41 PM Last edited by jodemilo : 18th Jul 2010 at 5:09 AM.
Aww, you really don't like toddlers or kids, do you CK?

I think the nursery rhyme thing came with Freetime, can't remember actually. It takes about the same time teaching them a nursery rhyme as it does teach them to talk, possibly slightly less. Once they've learned it and they sit there with nothing to do they'll usually burst into singing, which I find pretty sweet.

I hang on to the toddler stage (often even turn aging off) until I've felt I've done all the parental interaction things I want to do with them. Also I try to get their charisma/creativity/mechanical and logic skills up to at least 3 before I age them. I usually also let them choose their toy because it gives me a sense of what their personality is going to be like. I have other custom playable objects which make bringing up toddlers fun, such as sandpits, water rings, splash pools (all from MTS).

It's funny because I think I'd probably be like this in real life, I somehow mourn the time when toddlers transition to kids and kids to teens, etc. But actually you start to enjoy the new phase with them and are glad they're more independent.

My Sims 3 woman's social life has suffered considerably having had to bring up twins alone though - sometimes it's nice to be young free and single!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:54 PM
I like teaching the walking first, gets the hardest one (IMO) out of the way.

If you manage to get the toddler (who's been fed Smart Milk) to the potty right before bladder failure, they'll likely be potty-trained in one session, I've seen it happen. Two sessions max as another poster said.

With twins, I've seen them just about scrap over one potty...I have to direct each one to a separate potty.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:16 AM
I Take them to the potty after feeding them smart milk and drag their bladder down continuously whilst there on there, Until; their completely trained, A lot easier then all the cheats. By the time you've typed them all in you could have had the toddler trained :/
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 2:47 PM
Agree, though it's always nice to share your tips and cheats, smartmilk + thinking cap and no cheats does the trick for me, potty training has actually become easy, much easier than having that much to do with the cheat box. But I never had six toddlers at a time to teach. Still, If I had to use the debug mode for that I guess I would just drag the bladder bar towards the minimum until training is completed instead. At least it's only one cheat to type (a very long one but still :D)
Beautiful Dinosaur
#13 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 5:25 PM
If you have Insim you can use the Toddler Trainer to set how high the skill building progress bar is. I f I have more than one toddler to train I'll often use it to set all the progress to 95%, that leaves 1 trip to the potty, and about 20 sim-minutes to teach the walking & talking.

@chesirekat, I've forgotten to teach some toddlers every now & then, no adverse effects that I've noticed, they just don't get the memory of learning the skill. As far as I know, there isn't a negative memory/effect for not learning them.

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus
If you have Insim you can use the Toddler Trainer to set how high the skill building progress bar is. I f I have more than one toddler to train I'll often use it to set all the progress to 95%, that leaves 1 trip to the potty, and about 20 sim-minutes to teach the walking & talking.

@chesirekat, I've forgotten to teach some toddlers every now & then, no adverse effects that I've noticed, they just don't get the memory of learning the skill. As far as I know, there isn't a negative memory/effect for not learning them.

At first I thought that they needed these skills, but then I forgot to teach one of my toddlers to walk in a different family, and they still grew up well. It just matters on aspiration, I think.

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Forum Resident
#15 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 8:23 PM
My toddlers never get potty trained before they turn into children. Hehe.. Is that bad? :P
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
My toddlers never get potty trained before they turn into children. Hehe.. Is that bad? :P
I dont care about the skills lol :P
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 9:30 PM
It also helps a Toddler's aspiration if they actually roll that Want, of course. I've had Sims teach twins to walk, one had rolled the want, the other hadn't, at that point one was Hectic Handful and the other Miracle Mite.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
It also helps a Toddler's aspiration if they actually roll that Want, of course. I've had Sims teach twins to walk, one had rolled the want, the other hadn't, at that point one was Hectic Handful and the other Miracle Mite.
I just boolprop to make them happy lol
Forum Resident
#19 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 11:28 PM
Someone mentioned teaching them nursey rhymes. How do you do that? Do you just click on the bookcase and there will be an option to?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 12:04 AM
WooHoo31 - no, you click on the toddler. It's right there next to "Teach to walk" and "Teach to talk" but it only appears if you have Freetime.

I don't tend to teach my toddlers skills by default - if the parents can be bothered and have time then they get taught to walk and talk, and potty training is an ongoing effort which sometimes gets completed and sometimes doesn't. But it really has no effect unless the toddler had a want to be taught to walk or whatever (and you can usually get their aspiration up with other wants if you really want to). I recently switched to playing toddlers for 8 days (babies for 2, children and teens both 16 days) so hopefully more will gain the skills now. I wish there was a way to make it count whether they learned the skills or not. It seems pretty pointless otherwise. It would also be pretty cool (in my game at least) if there was a mod which made them learn to talk and walk by themselves with no interaction by a certain point during toddlerhood, but that shouldn't grant the want to be taught. Although I guess this is called the age transition to child XD I prefer realism in my game anyway, and in real life everyone isn't in a brilliant mood (platinum asp) all the time.
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 12:32 AM
Oh my...did you think of all of that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 1:28 AM
._. I'm thinking about deleting this thread, but since people already posted here...

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Field Researcher
#23 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StarlightBeauty
._. I'm thinking about deleting this thread, but since people already posted here...
Dont delete it! Maybe there is a newbie who needs to know :D
Field Researcher
#24 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 3:38 AM
The more people in the house as to how many toddlers are in the house determines it for me. In a house such as the Curious's in Strangetown, I just assign one skill to each adult. If there are more toddlers or more adults, I just split up differently. It generally works out.

P.S. edlan97, I love your avatar. I'm actually listening to Servant of Evil right now! =^.^=
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 2:23 AM
I do this.
Page 1 of 2