Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 4:34 PM
Default Can not light a garage that is attached to a foundation
Idk if this was asked before but when i built a garage attached to a foundation, i couldnt light that garage no matter how i tried. Can someone help me pls the room looks so dark:v
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 5:17 PM
Ctrl-shift-c and type: moveobjects on
Place a wall light, making sure the green footprint is on the ground level. This light will light up the floor of the garage, and the car.
Ctrl-shift-c and type: moveobjects off
Place a wall light as normal, on the actual wall- so that the green footprint is above ground level. This will light the walls themselves.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ctrl-shift-c and type: moveobjects on
Place a wall light, making sure the green footprint is on the ground level. This light will light up the floor of the garage, and the car.
Ctrl-shift-c and type: moveobjects off
Place a wall light as normal, on the actual wall- so that the green footprint is above ground level. This will light the walls themselves.

Thank u, i exactly followed your instruction but the foundation wall (lower wall), the floor and the car couldnt be lit
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 9:45 PM
Here are some pictures:
Garage attached to building with foundation

There is a car inside.

Showing the grid

In the dark, I put a light on the blue wall, but it only lights the blue walls

If I want to light up the car and the floor, I need to light the pink walls too, so I put a light on that wall also.

The lights will be different heights

Because the 'floor' and the green footprint are different heights. You might have to use moveobjects on to place your lights, depending on how your walls are arranged.

I hope this helps! 
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Here are some pictures:
Garage attached to building with foundation

There is a car inside.

Showing the grid

In the dark, I put a light on the blue wall, but it only lights the blue walls

If I want to light up the car and the floor, I need to light the pink walls too, so I put a light on that wall also.

The lights will be different heights

Because the 'floor' and the green footprint are different heights. You might have to use moveobjects on to place your lights, depending on how your walls are arranged.

I hope this helps! 

Oh thanks so much now i got it. The wall light i placed with green footprint on the ground level was still on the blue wall so the red wall couldnt be lit. Now it works! Thanks again
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 7:21 AM
yes, basically you have a two story garage and the light only iluminates the level it is on so for all the garage to be lit, light each level.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~