Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Selly_2009 : 9th Jul 2011 at 10:12 PM.
Default Chapter 19: New All Round
It was approximately six months after the girls left home when Kellie went into labour. Like any good father, Jonathan was present at the birth.

After much discussion, the couple decided to stick with the family tradition, naming their baby daughter Kathryn.

Before long, she was safely ensconced in the freshly redecorated nursery, where Kellie spent a fair amount of the night hours feeding and playing with her.

But with now three vampires in the house, the only person who could care for her during daylight was Grandma Sy. Not that Sy seemed to mind; she loved spending time with her granddaughter!

Jonathan was doing extremely well at work, and before Kathryn was 3 months old he’d secured a welcome promotion! Looking round the old kitchen, he felt the time was ripe for a change.
Jeremiah loved the wooden theme his son had chosen, and was regularly spotted sitting at the dining table with the newspaper, even in daylight!

Sy found that the new circular sink was perfect for bathing babies.

However, the new stove wasn’t without its hazards…

Fortunately the old smoke alarm was still in working order, leading to a very welcome sight:

Fire out, and the family could relax, knowing that they and the house were safe.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 11:55 PM
Oh yay! Updates!! So glad to see Jeremiah was turned into a vampire. xD And Kathryn is soooo cute! ^ ^
Field Researcher
#28 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 2:48 AM
Eaiting to see how Kathryn grows up. Kellie has very even features, which makes it interesting.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 8:04 PM
I love this story, I cannot wait to see Kathryn grow up as well!
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:11 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!

A little Easter Egg for you:

Also, I've just noticed that Tinypic has again deleted one of my pictures (this is the third time, grr)... if anyone reading spots a gap, please let me know which chapter is affected. I'll be able to fix it more quickly that way. Thanks in advance!

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 11:59 PM
=O Wow... prettyful! She looks pretty as a vampire too.
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 10:24 PM
Default Chapter 20
A/N: Sorry about the long hiatus since the last update. Also, I got stuck for a chapter title, so I've just left it with the number.

“Which room next?” Kellie was ticking off her ‘To Do List’. “We’ve done the kitchen, bar the fridge…”
“Which we’ll replace once the old one’s empty…”
“The lounge could do with a spruce-up. You’ve chucked that old pottery wheel, haven’t you?”
“The one no one was using? Yes, and dragged in that grand piano you insisted we buy!” Jonathan had found that while it fitted in the gap, getting an instrument of that size through the house hadn’t been easy – he’d been glad of his father’s help on that score. Once in position, Sy practically glued herself to the seat!

Although he hadn’t been sure about Kellie’s taste in décor to begin with, Jonathan had to admit that once the room was finished it DID look good! While Kellie amused herself by sticking a soppy romantic film on the new TV, he looked at the spare canvases next to the easels and pondered what to paint.

It didn’t take long for inspiration to strike, but due to his messy nature, Jonathan preferred to change out of his regular shirt so as not to get paint splodges down it!

Kathryn was growing fast. In what seemed like no time at all she was a toddler! Just like when she was a baby, Grandma Sy spent hours with her!

Kellie did manage to teach her daughter to talk though.

That Friday, Stephanie bounded into the house clutching her latest report card.
“Look Dad! A+ at last!”

Despite being woken up during daylight hours, Jeremiah was ecstatic. It was the best ending to the week he could imagine!

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 12:01 AM
Glad you're back! I've missed this story!
Instructor
#34 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 10:07 AM
this is a quite interesting story! i love all the strange looking sims

Common sense is so rare these days...
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 11:33 PM
Default Chapter 21
“You’re what? Getting married?”
“Mum, it’s not technically a wedding – they call it a ‘joined union’. But… yeah, I’m getting married.”
“Oh Susie, I’m so proud!” Sy had never thought that Susan would tie the knot. “When’s the big day?”
“As soon as we’ve got everything ready. Elsie really wanted to use St. Faith’s, but I talked her into something a little smaller!” Susan was planning on using her garden as the venue for both the ceremony and the reception.
“So, who are you planning to invite?”
“The family of course! However, I don’t know how best to work it – I really want Stephie there, but at the same time I also want Jon and Dad… I can’t have all three cos Steph’s only 10 and won’t be allowed to stay late.”
“Hey, don’t worry your pretty little head about it. I’ll see what your Dad and brother have to say about it and get back to you, how’s that?”
“Thanks Mum. I’ll speak to you soon.”

After leaving the family home, Susan had been mooching around in her tiny bungalow after her job application had been unsuccessful, and one afternoon she’d gone downtown for a change of scenery. Across the café she’d spied Elsie Adams, a young woman with a school-marmy air about her.
It wasn’t long before she learnt that the attraction she felt towards Elsie was mutual, and so asked her new girlfriend to move in. Before long she knew that Elsie was the one she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

“Elsie,” Susan said, getting down on one knee just like the men did, “Would you consent to a joined union with me?”

“Of course!” Elsie was ecstatic. Susan’s tomboyish attitude had won her over from very early in the relationship, and she too had been thinking about popping the question. Susan had just got there first!

“BRR-BRR!”
“Susie, it’s for you!”
“Hello?”
“Susan, it’s Mum.”
“Hiya, what’s up?”
“I’ve spoken to your dad and your brother, and they’re adamant that Steph should come to your wedding. I’ve heard that Jasper and Serena will be there, as will I.”
“Yeah, I’ve had RSVPs from the others already. Okay Mum, if they’re happy with that, then I am too. Bye.”

One Week Later:

“Toast!” After the ceremony, Sy immediately gravitated to the bottle of champagne purchased for the occasion.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, Elsie ensured Susan made short work of her slice of wedding cake…

…while the other guests danced the smustle in the cramped living area of the bungalow.

Later that night, Elsie snuggled up to Susan.
“This has been the best day of my life so far… and it’s only going to get better from now on.” Stifling a yawn, she added, “But we can’t live here, it’s too small. How about we look for something a bit bigger over the next few months.”
Susan agreed.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 3:33 AM
Glad to have you back! I'm so happy for Susan! ^ ^
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 2:43 PM
Wow,Selly_2009,that was.....umm......weird

Paws up for the MOTHER MONSTER (''') (''')
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#38 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 8:03 PM
Is there more? I actually want to hear more about this ugly green family's regular life.
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 3:12 PM
And you will hear more Phae, now that I've retrieved the photos from my old (retired) laptop - I thought I had them on my external HD but no, they'd not been copied across. I'm actually a generation ahead in playing, so am seriously considering a new aging mod so as to slow things down a notch. It'll give me time to get even more pictures!

I've really neglected these guys, so should let them have a turn at the helm again...

Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 2:35 AM
Default Chapter 22: Joe
All that time spent at the piano had been worth it. Sy was an expert when it came to playing as well as re-tuning, and she’d even been visited by a man in a bandanna offering her a membership card to a music studio.

Kellie appeared to be losing her touch though. This elderly woman Jon had brought home from work would NOT turn into a vampire, no matter how hard she tried.

“WHAT THE DEVIL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” the old bat bellowed, making it difficult for Jon, who had just come out of the bathroom, to keep a straight face.
“Er…”
“She was just trying to be friendly…” Jon offered, attempting to explain his wife’s actions in the best possible light.
“FRIENDLY?! SHE WAS… SHE WAS…”
“Yes?”
“Well, if that’s her idea of being friendly, then I’m not sure I want to be friends with you lot! I’m leaving!”
As the door banged shut, Jon looked at Kellie.
“Good riddance I say. Why on earth would you want to turn someone like her anyway?”
“You were the one who brought her home.”
“Yeah, but I didn’t want to, she jumped into the car just as I left – I could hardly tell the driver to stop and chuck her out, could I?”
“Well, you could, but that wouldn’t be the Jon I know and love. Why did she pick you?”
“Oh, she hangs round the studio, trying to get in with the younger male instructors. Guess I was the next on her list…” Jon grinned, and giving Kellie a one-armed hug, continued, “Still, you did me a favour sweetheart – she won’t try that again!”

It was after a night out on the town that things started to hot up again. Kellie had recovered her joie-de-vivre and had a resounding success after cornering her mother-in-law by the piano.

That wasn’t the only thing that had gone right. It soon became apparent that while on said night out, Jon and Kellie hadn’t just been going for pictures in the photo booth!

However, Jon had come to the realisation that being a vampire wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. Now that his whole family capable of baby-care were creatures of the night he was concerned that their new arrival would suffer. As a conscientious father that was the last thing he wanted!

It tasted foul and made his entire body shake as if electrified, but the potion he’d picked up from Gypsy-Store-Online had done the trick. His skin no longer burnt upon contact with sunlight, and while he would hang on to the light-proof box for the time being, he actually enjoyed the novelty of sleeping in a regular bed once again.

Kellie’s due date arrived… and went. This baby was obviously comfortable – a pity the mother wasn’t! Then three days later, when Jasper had come over for coffee, the labour pains started to kick in.

Meet Joe, brother to Kathryn, and nephew to Steph.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 5:45 AM
I just now discovered this and wow, I'm glad I did. I'm really glad that you didn't go with the usual pretty faces or the generic "unique" ones with just a humongous nose to be honest. It makes things a lot more interesting.

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 12:18 AM
Thanks pondefloor, I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. As for using the more "generic" faces, it never even occurred - I wanted "ugly" and spent a fair amount of time in BodyShop sculpting Jeremiah's face. In fact I thought I'd gone a bit too far once I got something I was happy with - I seriously considered toning him down again! As for Sy, I downloaded her for the third Good Genes Challenge on Garden of Shadows (there's been another three since then; I've posted an entry in each ) but felt she needed more than just those few minutes of sim-fame. So she became the other half of my "Eugenics" couple...

Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 12:43 AM
Default Chapter 23 (Part 1): Two Birthdays and a Revelation
Stephanie was growing up fast. She turned 13 only a few weeks after Joe was born, swapping her bright blue “banana” dress for a stylish purple top, which for reasons best known to herself, was teamed with equally purple shorts.

Kathryn too was racing towards her next big birthday, only in her case it was her 5th. She would soon be at school, and Jon had enrolled her at the same place he’d attended. Kellie had wanted a more prestigious education for their daughter, but had acquiesced… after being forced to listen to her husband waxing lyrical about it for three hours straight!

“Dad, can our Alex stay for tea?” Kathryn had barely been at school five minutes before she was begging Jon to let her cousin come over. Despite living in the same town, Jasper had rarely brought his family over when he visited, so meeting Alexandria at school and subsequently getting to know her had been quite a coup for the 5-year-old.
“Course she can. You know I’ll never say no to family. I’ll call your uncle and let him know I’ll drop her home this evening.”
“Yay! Come on, I’ll show you the telescope!”
“In a minute – I need a quick chat with Uncle Jon.”

“So what’s up kid?” Jon was surprised Alex wanted to talk with him privately.
“Well, it’s kinda hard to explain. See, there’s this kid at school, in the year between me and Kat. He… well… he looks weird…”
“In what way? I mean, he can’t be all that weird, surely?”
“He… he’s got the same colour skin as you and Dad…”
“Oh yes?”
“Yeah… I mean... he looks pretty much like all the other kids, except for that… but I can’t work out why. He told me his mum’s name was Jane.”
“What’s the name of this kid?”
“Julian. Julian Stacks. I’d ask Mum, but she’s really moody at the moment…”
“Don’t you worry about this Julian guy Alex. I’m sure there’s a perfectly rational explanation. Now scoot, or it’ll be tea-time before you and Kat have had time to play!”

As Jon dialled his brother’s number, he wondered what HAD been going on the other side of the tracks…

Six years previously…

“Come on, time for your nap.” Allegra had once again been left ‘minding the baby’ as Jasper had gone to work. “I’m sure Daddy will be home when you wake up again.”
Little did she know that work wasn’t her fiance’s only port of call that afternoon.

“I’ve missed you, you know.” Jane had called Jasper at work, begging him to stop off on his way home.
“I’ve missed you too sweetpea – Allegra’s cute an’ all, but she don’t have the sexy curves you do!” Jasper was in full flow, knowing that Jane was having no luck with men whatsoever, and had been blaming it on her larger-than-average size. Even the smallest compliment would work miracles in the flattery department!
“Oh, you’re a bad boy…” Jane giggled, pulling her ‘green giant’ (as she liked to call him) into a long lingering kiss.

Needless to say, the way Jane was feeling, it soon turned into a little more…

“But you lurve bad boys…” Jasper whispered as they lay in bed afterwards.
“Only one bad boy for me darlin’, an’ I’m looking at ‘im!” Jane winked.
More like ‘only one boy for her full stop’, Jasper thought to himself. Whereas I’m definitely a two-woman kinda guy… as long as Allegra doesn’t find out anyway...

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#44 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 2:34 AM
Scandalous!
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 5:52 PM
Default Chapter 23 (Part 2)

Alexandria was not happy. Mummy Allegra was doing her best, but right now she didn’t want to learn to talk.
“Can you say ‘bottle’ darling?”
“Bah-bah!”
Allegra sighed. She’d been trying this since Alex had woken up from her nap, but they weren’t getting anywhere. Glancing at the clock, she scooped up her daughter.
“Time for din-dins…” Noticing the sour smell, she added, “Once we’ve changed that nappy…”

Alexandria still wasn’t taking it passively. Now wearing her pyjamas and clipped securely into her high chair, she threw the mother of all tantrums, which resulted in her dish going flying onto the tiled floor of the kitchen.
“Alexandria Gorey, you stop that now!” Allegra was not pleased. Jasper was over two hours overdue, she’d had to deal with a whiny one-year-old all afternoon and now she was on her knees scooping toddler dessert out of the narrow cracks.
“No!”
Just then the door burst open.
“Honey, I’m ho-ooome!”
“About time! Where the hell have you been?”
“Sorry, I was asked to work late – we’ve got a big project planned and…”
“Spare me the details, I’m not interested.”
“Whatever.. where’s me tea then?”
“I’ve not started yet, this one…” indicating the still-grizzling child, “…chucked hers on the floor so I’ve had to clean up.”
“Why’d you do that then, huh? Was my little Alex being a monkey?” Jasper was all sweetness and light with Alexandria, and she responded with a massive grin. Allegra rolled her eyes. It was apparent that her daughter was a daddy’s girl. “Just do something quick tonight Alley, I’ll keep Alex amused.”
Macaroni cheese it was, and now Alexandria had calmed down she accepted her dish without complaint, stuffing the pasta into her mouth with gusto.

Eight months later…

Jane closed the car door and stood breathing in the fresh air, ignoring for the moment both the ache in her legs and the lone wolf pawing through the rubbish strewn over the kerbstones. She’d found holding down her pitifully low-paid job while being this heavily pregnant a real struggle, and was in some ways glad that her maternity leave had now commenced. It wasn’t going to be easy as a single mother, but as Jasper was refusing to leave Allegra she didn’t have much option.
Still, she had a month left before the baby was due, right?

Wrong. Her son came into the world three weeks early, but her midwife assured Jane that he was perfectly healthy. Even if he DID look a little strange in the skin colour department…

By this time Alexandria was coming on apace. She was fully potty-trained by now, and had even learnt how to escape from her crib.

Jasper had been busy with Allegra too – she was expecting again, although she was only 5 months down the line. Alexandria would turn 2 before the new arrival, and Allegra felt that getting her daughter to full walking was a necessity now.

“Up you come, now one step, then another… that’s it, can you walk to Mummy now darling?”

Alexandria could, but that didn’t mean she was going to. On this particular occasion she simply dropped into crawling position and headed off towards her toys. Playing the xylophone was far more exciting than walking, not to mention improving her hand-eye coordination!

Allegra gave up for the time being. The incessant banging and jarring notes made her head ache, and she was longing for a hot bath. Although she preferred to keep her child in sight, as long as the noise continued she knew Alexandria was safe.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 9:05 PM
Updates! Yes! Oh, please keep going. I hope Allegra finds out about Jasper. = /
Test Subject
#47 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 9:51 PM
Default Excited to Read More Soon
I really like what you have so far and look forward to the advancement of the story.
Page 2 of 2