Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 11:27 AM Last edited by Lyralei : 19th Apr 2021 at 12:51 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Save is taking longer and longer to save
Heya everyone!

Been playing TS3 a lot lately again, and have families in different worlds. Now, I'm no stranger to how slow the game can Save and such, but I've noticed a pattern in it however. Keep in mind that I:

- Save every save as 'save as' (try saying that 10 times super quickly! :p)
- Use a save cleaner, currently Regul's save cleaner: https://modthesims.info/d/652440/re...29-03-2021.html
- I do have nraas story progression however, which does add more newborns and stuff in the game, which I feel is half the problem here?
- For gameplay play, I decided to take out a lot of the CC I own, so I really only have 30 CC pieces in my gameplay mods folder that are gameplay altering.

So, I got this family. Started out with 1 sim, the saving took probably even like, 30 seconds? 1 min? Super quick at least!
The sim got married and had a child with said sim. Saving that also wasn't too bad, but it increased a little, like, 5 min.
Now, the situation hasn't changed whatsoever (I play on lifespan long), but the loading has gone up to 30 min currently, despite cleaning it and stuff (and even resetting the town once in a while) (For the record, they also have never travelled to another world!) 

I was just wondering if I'm potentially missing something here in my 'workflow' at all? I've personally only found tips on the things I'm currently doing to make the saving process a bit doable

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Make sure you have NRAAS errortrap. Without it, your save can bloat with errors that'll run both the loading and saving time up to like 1-2 hrs!

Once you download it and put it in your game, you do not need to start over. It will automatically clean.
Ah yeah! forgot to mention that I also have Nraas error trap installed (Which is partially more or less so I can debug my own script mods :p). So it does indeed clean the world at 3am I've noticed. Which is good of course!

But I feel like it might be part that the more objects are being used, the more data has to be saved as well. Not to turn this into a technical thread of course lol, but the data from not just sims, but objects are also being saved quite a bit. Especially when NPCs are living their lives in the town as well.

Thanks for the suggestion btw! I appreciate it!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 1:30 PM
Actually, it's Overwatch that does nightly cleanup at 3 am. ErrorTrap's forms of cleanup are very important as well, but it's not on that kind of schedule.

The full list of NRaas mods designed specifically to improve and maintain game performance are Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, Traveler (if any form of world travel is in play), to an extent GoHere, and MasterController for its Reset Everything command that can/should be run from City Hall's town menu every few sim weeks.

I have a lot of patience with this game, probably more than at least a few others here, but startups and saves going from less than 1 minute to 30 is not "normal" (whatever that means) in any of my games no matter what the circumstances are. Are you familiar with this page of tips and tricks to get this game to stabilize and remain so?
http://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS...AME-PERFORMANCE

If you are concerned about the world's progression in particular having run away with things, it would be helpful to know what this world's resident population currently is. On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Demographics > Population > "X" to dismiss the filter and, while the other numbers can be interesting too we primarily want to look at the resident population.

Or it could be something else entirely, but for many of us part of the game, so to speak, is finding why these things happen and what we can do to fix and prevent them. Always a balancing act!
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 11:06 PM
To fix it, win the lottery, buy EA and have Sims 5 made properly. Ah such a nice dream.....
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
To fix it, win the lottery, buy EA and have Sims 5 made properly. Ah such a nice dream.....

Now see, the first step is easy. I've always had tremendously great luck playing the lottery. It's rare that I buy any tickets, but when I do it's always a batch of them and most of the time I end up winning something. I would say that my gambling winnings average out to about $37.50/year (USD), with some years being slightly better than others.

It's the second and third steps I have trouble with as I can't get anyone at EA to take my calls offering to buy them out for that amount. Am I doing this wrong? Is trying to call them collect each time not the right thing to do?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Actually, it's Overwatch that does nightly cleanup at 3 am. ErrorTrap's forms of cleanup are very important as well, but it's not on that kind of schedule.

The full list of NRaas mods designed specifically to improve and maintain game performance are Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, Traveler (if any form of world travel is in play), to an extent GoHere, and MasterController for its Reset Everything command that can/should be run from City Hall's town menu every few sim weeks.

I have a lot of patience with this game, probably more than at least a few others here, but startups and saves going from less than 1 minute to 30 is not "normal" (whatever that means) in any of my games no matter what the circumstances are. Are you familiar with this page of tips and tricks to get this game to stabilize and remain so?
http://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS...AME-PERFORMANCE

If you are concerned about the world's progression in particular having run away with things, it would be helpful to know what this world's resident population currently is. On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Demographics > Population > "X" to dismiss the filter and, while the other numbers can be interesting too we primarily want to look at the resident population.

Or it could be something else entirely, but for many of us part of the game, so to speak, is finding why these things happen and what we can do to fix and prevent them. Always a balancing act!
Ah! I remember looking at this page at some point, but that was a while ago  I am missing a few of those nraas mods (Traffic and Register) so I'll add that to the game!

I'll check out that nraas option by the way! See what can be done  Thanks for the tips! I'll try them as soon as I can!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are you implying your game takes 30 mins to load? If so, that is not normal and can be fixed.

As Igazor pointed out, this is abnormal especially for a game this new. My game takes an average of what..3-5 mins to load, granted I only have about 2GB of CC. Saving has been consistently now at 10-15 mins b/c I keep cleaning the dead to 4th generation.

There was a time when my saves would be 45-1 hr, that was before Kuree's savegame cleaner, but loading time has always been steady. The only time my loading time increased, and very similarly to the OP in that nothing in the game changed in sense of adding CCs etc..., is when I disabled part of the errortrap using "NRaas_ErrorTrap_Tuning_DisableDereferencing." However, since I stopped and letting errortrap do its thing fully, it restored my loading time from 1 hr+ back down to 3-5 mins.

The only other thing I can think of is object corruption.

Using MC
--> town option --> object stats --> global

Sort by number, if you have like 1000+ books or 10,000 limo, etc... those can affect save and load. Delete this. NRAAS traffic should be able to stop the limo but for my game it is not 100%, so I disable all limo usage.
I intially hadn't thought that error trap could help so tremendously! I think at some point I had that DisableDereferencing thing in my game, but I should double check that

I actually had no idea about the books! I know that inventory space can also cause for some awful load times, but you never know how many books, items etc NPCs have, so I'll definitely check out that object stat! Thanks for the awesome tips! It's really appreciated!