Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 4:53 PM
Default Annoying little problem in CAS
Normally when clicking on (for instance) a hairstyle in CAS it leads you directly to its thumbnail on the right side column, but not anymore since the previous "Snowy escape" patch/update, very frustrating when you have a lot of CC installed. Every time I have to scroll up to find the corresponding thumbnail. EA didn't fix that in the latest patch/update yesterday?! Am I (still) the only one with that issue? Hoping for a solution. Thanx!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 5:21 PM
There's no solution for this so far.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
There's no solution for this so far.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, thanx!
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 6:20 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 25th Jan 2021 at 6:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by netcat
Normally when clicking on (for instance) a hairstyle in CAS it leads you directly to its thumbnail on the right side column, but not anymore since the previous "Snowy escape" patch/update, very frustrating when you have a lot of CC installed. Every time I have to scroll up to find the corresponding thumbnail. EA didn't fix that in the latest patch/update yesterday?! Am I (still) the only one with that issue? Hoping for a solution. Thanx!

Yes this is annoying me too. I can not wait to see if they have a fix for it with the next patch.

Post a Me Too on the EA Bug Report Page that way it brings it to their attention faster.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...ns/td-p/9870997
Smeg Head
#5 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 3:42 AM
A workaround I use for this bug is to remove the male or female gender type, so that when reshuffling the thumbs to add all opposite gender versions, the currently selected cas item on the sim finally gets highlighted in green on the columns. Grrr, Maxis...

Still can be flaky though, works 9 times out of 10 when the game stubbornly refuses to highlight the column thumb.

Also just switching back and forth between the outfit category types can kick in the butt to make it work.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#6 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 6:31 AM
Since maxis thumbnails have transparent background thumbnails, all the empty areas of the thumbnail completely Highlights in Green so it's not much of any issue if your got almost no CC, but most CC thumbnails are not transparent, so it's almost impossible to know what is supposed to be be highlighted or what's not, you can either just delete the CC thumbnails, or just make them transparent, simply by extracting the thumbnail, removing the background or empty looking areas of the thumbnail and re-importing it back in.

Same applies to objects too, the more transparently on the thumbnail, the quicker you are going to see it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 11:28 AM
the problem is still not solved after the update of 23.3.2021.. unfortunately