Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#30601 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 9:55 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 12th Dec 2022 at 2:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I've seen that message once or twice, and I think it happens if drivable cars have been placed as decorations somewhere there isn't a driveway, or placed on an extension without a driveway. Doesn't always happen, so could depend on accessibility and other things. I had similar issues with a drivable ambulance once.

If the sim has a job, there could also be some issues with the portals that's messing with the carpool access.

It's possible they used a mod to unlock/unhide cars (no CC but unhiders can still make these accessible even if you don't have the mod), since I see the maid car and a few other NPC cars. It could be these that's causing the message to pop up (trying to gain access to the road, or anything like that)

Removing the cars/driveways should fix the issue. Could be a good idea to use deco cars for the broken motorway section of the lot, and skip the driveways.

Ok thanks. ^^^

My sim was unemployed when I moved her in ... and the lot does not come with a driveway, I had to level and move stuff to place one --but only to get rid of the message popping up.

It sounds like the lot will be ok, and yes thankfully I do have some non-driveable, deco cars for my post apocalypse neighborhood.
Thx again.

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Scholar
#30602 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 9:58 PM
Another question that doesn't have to be answered anytime soon as I was just thinking about this last month :
How many of you use the bookcase that comes with uni; when you unlock the rewards ?

Does it really change the behavior of the sims in certain situations ?
Or is it more for reward 'points' ?

I've had some romance sims study relationships, etc., and could not see any discernible difference in their social/dating life ?
What do you all think ?

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#30603 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Another question that doesn't have to be answered anytime soon as I was just thinking about this last month :
How many of you use the bookcase that comes with uni; when you unlock the rewards ?

Does it really change the behavior of the sims in certain situations ?
Or is it more for reward 'points' ?

I've had some romance sims study relationships, etc., and could not see any discernible difference in their social/dating life ?
What do you all think ?

Do you mean couples counseling? That came with FT and is available on all Maxis bookcases, and any CC ones updated after FT. The Uni bookcase allows sims to study skills that aren’t normally learned by reading, like Body and Charisma.

Couples counseling works fine , except that people expect the wrong things from it. A sim who has learned couples counseling can use it to improve the relationship of its friends who are furious with a romantic partner. Get all three sims on the same lot and direct the sim with the skill to counsel each member of the couple in turn. This will remove the fury from each. The relationship numbers will still need to be improved normally, so I recommend immediately pulling them into a hang out or a hot tub. Popularity sims should learn couples counseling to keep thei Romance friends from trashing their parties.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#30604 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Do you mean couples counseling? That came with FT and is available on all Maxis bookcases, and any CC ones updated after FT. The Uni bookcase allows sims to study skills that aren’t normally learned by reading, like Body and Charisma.

Couples counseling works fine , except that people expect the wrong things from it. A sim who has learned couples counseling can use it to improve the relationship of its friends who are furious with a romantic partner. Get all three sims on the same lot and direct the sim with the skill to counsel each member of the couple in turn. This will remove the fury from each. The relationship numbers will still need to be improved normally, so I recommend immediately pulling them into a hang out or a hot tub. Popularity sims should learn couples counseling to keep thei Romance friends from trashing their parties.

Ok thanks. ^^^^

Yes I think I was wondering if the 'fire learning' (?) or the 'parenting' made a difference as well ?

" Inama Nushif "
Top Secret Researcher
#30605 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 12:25 AM Last edited by Pideli : 12th Dec 2022 at 1:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I have a household that's now on the edge of unplayable. The problems have just gotten worse and worse. And it's not that bad in any other household and I don't understand what makes that household different from the others except the garden is covered in flowers (is that it?) Often there are periods where the game freezes every 3 seconds, and the freeze lasts between 4 seconds to a minute. Often there's unexplainable lag, it's far from my biggest household or biggest lot. I've checked, no off world loiterers, werewolves or issues I can think of. Shame to move them out, I've furnished the house so nicely and I don't like furnishing/building.

I found the culprit! It was the laundry mod. Thanks to batbox/force error on all, I discovered that the game was stuck, unable to reset "functional clothes pile", and there were a lot of those. Removing the laundry mod fixed it, no more unplayable-ness! Shame someone was at work with their car because the lot reset after removing the mod caused the car to disappear...

I tried a lot of different things, removing all plants, making everyone bald etc... but this explains why I didn't have that problem on my larger lots, I never used the laundry mod there.

One issue persists though... Longer saving time. Like, a lot longer than the other families. That is a bit more acceptable than lag or freezing but it seems so unnecessary...

EDIT: Or actually that's not acceptable. 17 and a half minutes!! Is there anything you can do about that?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#30606 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 1:55 AM
Ok thanks. ^^^^

Yes I think I was wondering if the 'fire learning' (?) or the 'parenting' made a difference as well ?

Fire safety makes sims respond more intelligently to fire, so it’s well worth getting. Parenting’s usefulness depends on exactly how you play babies and which mods you have for it. “Check on baby” causes the baby to put up a visible thought bubble displaying an icon representing its most urgent need. If you don’t mind monitoring your sims closely, you can interrupt a trip to the fridge for a bottle, check baby, and substitute a more appropriate action. If the icon is a bed, you can put the baby into a crib in a quiet room. If the icon is a toilet, you can move the baby closer to a changing table and place or cuddle with it until the diaper needs changing. And if the icon is food, you can go ahead and tell the sim to feed the baby. Unless you’re very alert, you won’t cut out all unnecessary bottle fetching, but you can greatly reduce it.

Not everyone is willing to micromanage that much, and many people have solved the bottle-fetching problem in other ways that work for them, but l’ve made good use of it myself, particularly in conjunction with a breastfeeding mod. I still get bottle mess, but not so much that it’s really inconvenient, since I have the habit of putting those into inventory as a hedge against toddler emergencies.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#30607 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 10:27 AM
I was wondering if the 'fire learning' made a difference as well ?

Simler90 had a look at the code for fire safety and according to them it doesn't work properly:
Quote: Originally posted by simler90
In the original description, I said that studying Fire Safety does nothing. I really meant that, it truly does nothing. There is no difference between a sim who has studied Fire Safety and a sim who has not. However, Maxis did try to make it so that studying Fire Safety would have an effect on gameplay. What they intended to do was that sims who have studied Fire Safety would stop panicking much earlier than sims with no knowledge of Fire Safety, but the code that Maxis put makes no difference at all, because the game always checks to see if the sim who is panicking is in Hurry mode, if so, the game stops the sim from panicking. The problem is that sims are always in Hurry mode when they panic. This is why, in an unmodded game, every sim panics for the exact same duration. In addition, the fire tile constantly keeps pushing sims to panic, meaning that even if sims stopped panicking earlier, they would again be pushed to panic immediately anyway. This update fixes this mess, and makes Maxis' code actually work properly. Now, sims who have studied Fire Safety will keep panicking for only half the regular duration. Sims who have studied Fire Safety now have a 25% chance to panic, and a 75% chance to actually try to stop the fire. So, studying Fire Safety does not guarantee that sims won't panic, but they are very unlikely to, and they will stop panicking much faster than other sims.

Simler90's Fire Mod changes how Sims who studied fire safety react to fire. They panic less and can autonomously call the fire departement, extinguish fire, or flee outside, depending on their age. They will even have this behaviour as visitors.
Mad Poster
#30608 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 10:53 AM
Pescado's Firemod also changes what learning fire safety does, I think it fixes it in a different way. But either that or Simler's Fire mod improve the usefulness of the fire safety skill.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#30609 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 3:05 AM
Pescado's Firemod also seems to affect sims who have not studied Fire Safety, possibly to a lesser degree. I remember when I was testing the Rocks Fall Everyone Dies hack, some of the sims were unexpectedly competent when the whole lot was on fire, although they still didn't survive.
Field Researcher
#30610 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 3:00 PM
I'm currently playing the Mesa Flats hood from the Sims Stories (I downloaded all of them from here, mod the sims). I played the first 3 households without problems but when I reached the Fetching household (the "bad guys" from Stephen's story) the neighborhood trees went crazy when winter came. It was like they were, somehow, larger and they were... in the house (???). The situation was so bad that I couldn't see anything on the second floor of the house because these trees were, literally, everywhere! Both sims that live in this house didn't face any problems and they could continue their lives as if there weren't tree branches all over their house but I was sooo creeped out because the situation reminded me of every horror film that kept me awake as a kid (lol!). I went to neighborhood view and moved the "offensive" trees far away from the houses (I, also, deleted some of them, lol!) but does anyone know wtf is wrong with them? Could it be my fault? Are they supposed to be CC that I should have downloaded along with the hoods and I forgot?
I have a screenshot of them (from neighborhood view), they have a white/grey-ish colour (they look green in the shot because I used the eyedropper tool to see wtf are they but their "name" doesn't remind me of anything spefic!)
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#30611 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 3:12 PM
I believe those trees are from Castaway Stories? ...one of the 'Stories' anyway?
And, since this is a PetStory hood recreation, I can see why they were included.

If I were you, I would just delete them from hood view. It is kinda creepy that they moved on you though! Did you install the recent mod (I saw pass through my Tumblr feed) about fixing the size and textures of these trees? Maybe that affected these trees?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#30612 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 6:50 PM
@CatherineTCJD
Thank you for replying Catherine! I don't know the mod you are talking about, I just have the hoods (Mesa Flats, Garden Heights, Four Corners, Bitville and Arbor Falls) that I got from Mod The Sims (I know that a recreation of the Castaway Stories hood, Felicity Island, also exists but I think that the creator(s) made it only as a vacation destination so since I can't have sims live there permanently, I didn't get it) and, if I remember correctly, they didn't require or include any custom content. I got the OFB version of them and I combined them in a kind-of-megahood as subhoods.
These weird "shrubs", though, (looking them from the ground view showed me that they are not trees) are crazy af! I took more screenshots while I was playing Julianne Charlot's household (she is Stephen's boss in the story game), the first screenshot was taken during the last day of Fall and the "shrubs" are across the road of Julianne's house. During the night when the season changed to winter, the "shrubs" with a "poof" somehow "expanded" and they almost crossed the road... (screenshot 2) Are they alive??? Haunted??? I'll delete each and every one of them because I'm THAT creeped out right now
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#30614 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 9:15 PM
Aha! Yes - and that ^ was the tumblr post I was searching for. Thanks, Lunie!
So... go get the fix, and the trees should stop poofing

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#30615 Old 18th Dec 2022 at 3:47 AM
I don't know if this question has been asked before... I'm back to playing the game after a long break. I ended up removing folders for stealth neighborhood, yet the game keeps generating all subhoods and Hobbies and Magic lots. Are there secret locations where their duplicates are stored? I have the Ultimate Collection.
Field Researcher
#30616 Old 18th Dec 2022 at 5:08 AM
Does anyone know if dormies are eligible for donating their dna for adopted babies? My sims just adopted a baby, and when she arrived, she had this face:

In my main hood I don't have any townies with the alien face, but there is one dormie and one professor that spawned with it. I thought that only townies that lived in the main hood were eligible for being the genetic parents of adopted babies, but I know for sure that the parent of this child is not a main hood townie. Does anyone know if professors and/or dormies count, too?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#30617 Old 18th Dec 2022 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bulbash
I don't know if this question has been asked before... I'm back to playing the game after a long break. I ended up removing folders for stealth neighborhood, yet the game keeps generating all subhoods and Hobbies and Magic lots. Are there secret locations where their duplicates are stored? I have the Ultimate Collection.

You need empty stealth hoods, here:
https://modthesims.info/d/520751/cl...-templates.html

Just deleting them won't do the trick, especially if you have the UC and it's still connected to Origin or the EA app, as the folders will often just regenerate if the game recognizes them as missing.

I think in some versions of Windows it also saves files in the "AppData" folder sometimes, so you may want to check there if the empty hoods don't work.
Mad Poster
#30618 Old 18th Dec 2022 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
Does anyone know if dormies are eligible for donating their dna for adopted babies? My sims just adopted a baby, and when she arrived, she had this face:

In my main hood I don't have any townies with the alien face, but there is one dormie and one professor that spawned with it. I thought that only townies that lived in the main hood were eligible for being the genetic parents of adopted babies, but I know for sure that the parent of this child is not a main hood townie. Does anyone know if professors and/or dormies count, too?

Dormies are just townies that happen to be Young Adults. They probably qualify for everything regular townies do. Also, I think downtownies can also constribute DNA to adopted babies.
Instructor
#30619 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 2:08 AM
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, also didn't feel like it warranted it's own thread.

If I used to have the Ultimate Collection on Origin, but chose to instead install my old discs on my new laptop, can I continue playing my neighborhoods? Like if I copy over the neighborhood folders will they still work?

Or will it like know the difference between disc and the UC and get mad at me?

I do have all of the packs, short of "Christmas Party Pack" which to my understanding is the same thing as "Happy Holiday Stuff" which I do have.

I ask mostly because before on my old laptop I had been working on making a custom neighborhood with the intent to share it one day. I don't really care about losing anything else but I would like to keep working on that.
Mad Poster
#30620 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 1:21 PM
CatofEvilGenius' Alpha Skirt tutorial has been exceptionally useful to me when making clothing. http://stonegod.org/sims2/tutorial/...rial/index.html

Is there a similar tutorial for hair meshing? I have the basic hair meshing tutorials, but they don't seem to deal with putting alpha layers into SimPE and I'm finding that using the same method in SimPE as I do for clothing is not working.
Mad Poster
#30621 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, also didn't feel like it warranted it's own thread.

If I used to have the Ultimate Collection on Origin, but chose to instead install my old discs on my new laptop, can I continue playing my neighborhoods? Like if I copy over the neighborhood folders will they still work?

I do have all of the packs, short of "Christmas Party Pack" which to my understanding is the same thing as "Happy Holiday Stuff" which I do have.

I ask mostly because before on my old laptop I had been working on making a custom neighborhood with the intent to share it one day. I don't really care about losing anything else but I would like to keep working on that.

As long as you have mansions and gardens stuff it will be fine. Obviously make sure you bring A copy, not THE ONLY copy, just in case

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#30622 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 9:40 PM
Has anyone figured out and shared how to reinstate the censorgridsize cheat for sims 2? It seems that most people were interested in simply removing the censor, so there are many mods and options for that. But I just hate how chunky the censor is, I don't hate the censorship altogether. (I figure it's been 7 years since the topic was last brought up, but in case the answer is same-old, I feel like the question is stupid. So here I ask.)
Mad Poster
#30623 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 10:08 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Dec 2022 at 10:22 PM.
^ Looks like that one stopped working around NL/OFB, so quite likely it's no longer properly recognized by the game.

Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl

If you have all the packs, your old game/neighborhoods should (in theory, anyway), still work, at least as long as the Store version isn't mixed into there in any way. I don't think the fixed version at Origin has this, but the EA app version apparently had issues with the Store version being mixed in and this causing some issues for people switching over (but not 100% sure, so don't quote me on that).

The Christmas/Holiday packs came in two versions, 2005 and 2006. The 2006 version is the full version. When installed there should be a H05 and possibly H06 bundle file in the Basegame "...TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins" folder. If both are there, you have the full 2006 version. The files are somewhat borked in the UC (there's a fix), but the CD versions should be fine.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30624 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 5:40 PM
Okay so I need help!!!!!!!

In all these years, I've never played with Twojeff's ACR. I remember playing with their casual romance mod many, many years ago (the precursor to ACR) but not since it became ACR.

I'd like to try it in my new hood- possibly- so I'm testing it out in a throwaway hood for now to see if I like it. I downloaded version 2.0 from the Sibology SFS folder but there doesn't seem to be a manual. Version 1.1 has documentation, but it seems to bear no relation to version 2.0. For example, I installed the files, loaded the game, went into a lot and spawned the adjuster. How do I set up the hood? Do I need to set up the hood?

Also, how do I ununstall it? Do I have to put an adjuster on each lot? On community lots? Is there an up-to-date manual? So many questions!

I think maybe the version 1.1 documentation is so out of date that I shouldn't have bothered to read it!

Can anyone who uses this mod please shed some light for me?
Scholar
#30625 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 8:19 PM
You do need an adjuster on each lot for it to work, I believe. I'm not 100% sure if you need it on Community Lots because no community lot I had with the mod installed (but no adjuster set) had a place where Sims could woohoo.
Page 1225 of 1345