Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 1:28 PM
Default CC creation tutorial
I want to use the mesh and texture of a CAS item and make a buy mode item out of it. What tutorials will help me achieve this? How do I get started?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 1:51 PM
Is it going to be simpler to just create a new 3D model of my own on Blender instead?

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Instructor
#3 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 9:21 PM
Probably this one will be most helpful as it explains the basics simply enough - except instead of using a ts4 mesh, just open your cas object in tsrw and export the mesh + textures. Should be fairly simple and you'd just need to adjust the size and position in Blender/Milkshape. If you're making a deco object there aren't any complicated bones, either. Good luck!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 9:50 AM
Using the tutorial @enable_llamas provided I have exported the mesh and imported into Blender. What do I do to add texture to it? Is there a tutorial for that?
Is the texture to the mesh added in Blender or some other software?

Instructor
#5 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 7:18 PM
You can add them in Blender to see how it looks but if you already know the original object is ok there's not much use. You can just export your meshes as .obj, import them in Milkshape - rename, assign bones and dropshadow if needed and re-export as wso. Then when you start your new object and put them in TSRW, that's where you add the textures. You can just use the original ones from the cas object.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
You can add them in Blender to see how it looks but if you already know the original object is ok there's not much use. You can just export your meshes as .obj, import them in Milkshape - rename, assign bones and dropshadow if needed and re-export as wso. Then when you start your new object and put them in TSRW, that's where you add the textures. You can just use the original ones from the cas object.

I had to make some changes to the mesh in blender. The ring in CAS had to be hollowed out. So I think it would be better to do that in blender first.
How do I export the texture from TSRW? There's no texture export option. Only mesh. Do I clone with S3OC and export texture from there? What are texture files called in S3PE?
Also thank you for helping me @enable_llamad

Instructor
#7 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 5:12 PM
In Blender, select everything in the group (shortcut's the 'A' key) in Edit mode, then with it selected - from the UV map window go to Image > Open Image and select your texture (multiplier probably best unless it's completely covered by an overlay, then that). Then from the 3d/object viewport right next to Edit Mode select Viewport Shading: Texture (a red & white checkered circle) and you can see what it looks like on the object. You can also download a random square (if your uv map is square, otherwise match the ratio) of checkered pattern to check your tiling and for any weird stretching/warped parts.

Is the original CAS item cc or an eaxis accessory? If it's eaxis cloning it via S3OC should work (make sure you tick renumber/rename) if tsrw is being glitchy when you select it from there (it does that sometimes). Anyways, in tsrw the second tab is 'Textures'. It should have all of them listed and when you select one there's a little Edit button in the top right. It opens the editor where you can import/export:

If the whole 'Textures' tab is empty that means your object is not castable and has them slapped directly onto the mesh. If that's your case you can shoot me a pm and I'll show you how to export them or if you need more detailed explanations somewhere.

Alternatively the textures are the _IMGs in a package - with preview turned on in S3PE you should be able to see what is what and right click > export to file.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 4:25 AM
Omg thank you so much @enable_llamas I was beginning to get some of it yesterday from my own searching around and looking at tutorials but I was still confused about so much. This really clears things out. Thank you.

Instructor
#9 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 12:44 PM
No problem, hope you get it sorted out!
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 4:45 PM
Hello @enable_llamas after doing the steps this has happened. Is this ok? What do I do next? I'm going to look at more tutorials.

Also I had to work on the script for a bit before getting back to cc so that's why I'm a little late.

Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 5:32 PM
Ok I looked at another tutorial. And now it looks like this.

This the mask texture that I exported from TSRW. I think I have to make some adjustments. How do I change the color of this texture to look like the ring made by EA? Should I have edited the mask texture's colors in GIMP before importing?

Instructor
#12 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 1:31 PM
Ok so in order from the first pic - you have no backfaces and the inside of your ring (?) is transparent. You'd want to add some cause as an object you can see the that part, too. I think the simplest way in this case would be to duplicate your mesh and then flip normals. This would save space on the uv map but all the detailing on the outside will transfer to inside as well and might look weird. (You can still do that method and move the newly created inside part on the uv so it has it's own texture.)

From the second one you can see your uv map and texture placement are a little off. You'd need to move the corresponding parts slightly. First toggle on the 'Keep UV and edit mode in sync' option as shown on the screenshot. Then you'll see where each parts is and can select it (or all of it) and move it until it looks right (shouldn't go outside the square, tho). G is the shortcut for free movement (or you can specify x/y axis), with your cursor over in the UV window.

Oh and another thing - idk how the original is supposed to look but I'm assuming it has no sharp edges. You can get rid of the visible edges (the way you can clearly see the borders of each face) by selecting the whole thing in edit mode and from the 'Shading/UVs' menu select Shading: smooth.

Screenshots