Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Clean new hood
I'm trying to create a custom clean new hood - without any premade sims in at all

I've replaced all of the hood templates with empty ones and have also added anti spawn mods in but when creating a new hood (from an empty template) I'm still getting the following families:

Cooke x2
Picaso x2
Traveller x3

It's also really odd that there are multiples of those families. Anyone seen anything like this before? Otherwise I reinstall might be in order!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxpax318
I'm trying to create a custom clean new hood - without any premade sims in at all

I've replaced all of the hood templates with empty ones and have also added anti spawn mods in but when creating a new hood (from an empty template) I'm still getting the following families:

Cooke x2
Picaso x2
Traveller x3

It's also really odd that there are multiples of those families. Anyone seen anything like this before? Otherwise I reinstall might be in order!

Check to make sure you put in an empty template in for. I know I thought I'd did this and missed one.
Bon Voyage Exotic Destinations V001 - Traveller Household
Free Time Hobbies F002 - Cooke and Picaso Households
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:49 PM
There's definitely an empty template in there - in the NeighborhoodTemplate folders - do they need replacing anywhere else?

What I found really odd though is that it created two copies of the Cooke/Picaso and three copies of the Traveller families when I created the new hood. Is this something to do with just labelling the old ones as V001-BACK etc. Do they just need completely replacing instead?
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 9:11 PM
zip up the backup. There should only be the 1 folder in it, if there's any packages the game will read those but if it's zipped they won't and you'll still have the backup.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 11:22 PM
It's possible that you still have copies of the original templates in VirtualStore. The download page of Jawusa's clean templates (this) explained that problem, scroll down until "Update: 15th January 2019".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxpax318
There's definitely an empty template in there - in the NeighborhoodTemplate folders - do they need replacing anywhere else?

What I found really odd though is that it created two copies of the Cooke/Picaso and three copies of the Traveller families when I created the new hood. Is this something to do with just labelling the old ones as V001-BACK etc. Do they just need completely replacing instead?

The bin families you mention (Cooke, Picaso and Traveler) don't come from the Neighborhood Templates. They come from the stealth templates. Jawusa made clean empty versions of those and uploaded them here. Once you put these in, you shouldn't get the bin families in all of your neighborhoods anymore.

https://modthesims.info/d/520751/cl...-templates.html
Alchemist
#7 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 2:01 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 25th Sep 2020 at 12:28 AM.
You can also just disable the hoods and stealthhoods instead of installing empties. It's much simpler if you just want a clean, empty hood. This is how I do it: I have my originals and empty templates both still in the game, so no risk of losing them or making a mistake moving or whatever. If I want empty templates, I rename that folder. If I want the original, I rename that one. If I don't want either, so completely disabled, it looks like this pic. I do this with all hoods and stealthhoods. Only Freetime and Apartment Life have lots in the stealth hoods you may want, so if you do, then empty ones of those are needed. Otherwise, you can simply disable them and not install anything or even move the files.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
You can also just disable the hoods and stealthhoods instead of installing empties. It's much simpler if you just want a clean, empty hood. This is how I do it: I have my originals and empty templates both still in the game, so no risk of losing them or making a mistake moving or whatever. If I want empty templates, I rename that folder. If I want the original, I rename that one. If I don't want either, so completely disabled, it looks like this pic. I do this will all hoods and stealthhoods. Only Freetime and Apartment Life have lots in the stealth hoods you may want, so if you do, then empty ones of those are needed. Otherwise, you can simply disable them and not install anything or even move the files.

That’s a nice idea there - will change my set up to that I think!

Finally go back onto it today and it seems the game must have been reading the backup files - moved them out to a different folder and now all seems to be working as wanted!

Thanks for the suggestions all