Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#76 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 5:31 AM
nice, any shots from other angles?

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 5:41 AM
not for the moment, but i just got those birds-eye shots. i just shut down my game.

Still missing the sun rug, and some star panels, as well as windows and the custom doors.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Forum Resident
#78 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 6:28 AM
looks great, are there any plans for the basement yet? and, not something I really mind, but the mods'll go nuts if sims have no practical use for it, are the other rooms gonna be used for the kitchens, restrooms, bedrooms, etc. just a warning. but i'm eagerly awaiting this castle, it's excellent!

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#79 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 5:52 PM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 7th Nov 2008 at 9:41 PM.
yes, I have plans to incorporate real-life uses into the n64 themed rooms.

Edit: more views of the stars.

Forum Resident
#80 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 9:41 PM
*eyetwiches* you been busy

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#81 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 7th Nov 2008 at 9:51 PM.
thanks! I guess you replied just after i posted the new pics. :P

I've got some more ones going up in a minute, so if you hang around for 10 or so minutes, you'll see some other stuff. :P

Well, here's the door, which I had to re-map, and unfortunately i forgot that the frame uses the same texture as the door. One more try is in order, I think. I also need to fix those nasty shadows....

Zombie Socks
#82 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 3:37 AM
Awwwwwwww! Pretty stars! *pets* A tiny UBER PICKY comment would be that the biggest star's right eye is not a perfect oval and has a lump, but that's only if you look pretty hard at it. The door made me laugh, but I can't wait to see what the bleeding writing on the edge actually says. The font is cute and the 'Re' is driving me mad, not knowing what it says! I look forward to seeing what you come up with for making it livable. Nothing brings down a good idea like concept of 'useful.' Can't wait!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:35 AM
That's part of the mesh, and goes away if you look at it head-on. Unfortunately, it can't be helped. %-D Oh well.
Can you guess what's behind these doors?

...give up?

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqC94bEaawg

Actually, that "Re" is part of my watermark on the texture which says "re-meshed by Rapsheba555." It doesn't actually show on the door. Sorry to rain on your parade. The font is "Harlow Solid Italic." Just in case you wanted to use it. It's the one on my policy, so you can see it there too. I was thinking, maybe I could make the ship room from the n64, you know with the fish tanks and the painting of a sunken ship, the bathroom. It would fit, and would be a spectacular bathroom.

Wiki Wizard
#84 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 9:27 AM
Wow this is absoloutely fabulous Rapsheba!! I love this too bits, all these meshes are fabulous and the house looks STUNNING!! You have really out done yourself!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
#85 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:24 PM
using the ship room as the bathroom is a really good idea!
maybe make the bob-omb room the bedroom.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#86 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 9:33 PM
that's a good idea...I'll do that. whose bedroom though, toad's or peach's? Doesn't really fit toad i guess. I can put the bed up on the raised area, and for the room with the castle tower picture i can put the bed on the ground floor between the two staircases...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#87 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 4:28 AM
Ok, new wall lamp, based off the lamppost design.

Good, bad?

Forum Resident
#88 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 6:10 AM
friggin epic!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#89 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 11:12 PM
I guess that's good.

Zombie Socks
#90 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 11:43 PM
Oh sweet! Pretty stars EVERYWHERE! *eyes sparkle*

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#91 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 12:36 AM
*khhghk*Houston, we've lost WWW to overdose, what do we do now, over?*khhghk*

Zombie Socks
#92 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 2:35 AM
Quick! I need another dose of Mario stars! *froths*

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#93 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 3:53 AM
You sound like mario.

Zombie Socks
#94 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 7:35 PM
YOUR mario maybe. Mine sounds something along the lines of "AIIIIIIIIIEEEE! MAMA MIA! *death*" I may not be the best player. *blushes* After taking about 7 years to finally finish the N64 game, I'm sure Peach was starting to eye Bowser as a real alternative to my sad little Mario.

To make this on topic somehow: The little stars everywhere are still totally the best things ever!

Forum Resident
#95 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 8:20 PM
When you finish this, it'll be a travesty if it's not featured.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 1:21 AM
though i'd like to be featured, I'm afraid that since the rules for featuring were updated, I don't fit in that category. I don't making things that fit in real life, which is part of the criteria for featuring. But at least I know that people think it looks good. :D

Forum Resident
#97 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 1:42 AM
yeah, some of the people who make the rules here should pull their heads out of their asses.
they shouldn't care if something fits in with real-life, they should base it on quality. their anti-out of the ordinary mood gets worse every day.

Zombie Socks
#98 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 3:28 AM
I don't know. They recently feautured a 'Mulan' upload. Besides, for really high quality things they'll probably make an exception. In my opinion, good photos are the key to LIFE when uploading. Oftentimes lowish quality things get rave reviews when it has a good photo and is photographed in a nice room and high quality stuff gets rejected because there are no other items in the photograph and it's just a picture of an item on a backdrop of grass and a mailbox. DEATH TO MAILBOX PICTURES!

*pokes* So, how goes that landscaping?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#99 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 3:29 AM
yeah it does, but there's nothing i can do about it. It's not like I can ASK to be featured. I just have to hope I get lucky and the mod I get to review my upload likes mario. Not likely. I've given up on being featured, I'll settle for people liking what I make. Don't get me wrong, though, i'd love to be featured.

Anyway, to make this on-topic, I'm working on the front door, hopefully done soon. Any design ideas? I need to make it match the rest of the castle.

Edit: WWW beat me to the posting punch. I'm taking high-quality shots now and linking them instead of putting them in the uploads box. That lets me make them a lot better. See my latest house if you don't get me: http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=296336

I actually haven't done any landscaping yet. I've been working on the items lately.

Zombie Socks
#100 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 3:39 AM
Oh man, glowing sun! Is there some sort of secret to do that or do I have to take a blood oath and be sworn into a photoshop club?

EDIT: Looked at threads. You already answered that question. *HEAD DESK*

As for the door design? Hmmm... Lemme turn on my N64. See what that old door looks like. You could do a more XBOX (is that what the hightech people are using nowadays?) looking rendition of it. Erm... correction, let me FIND and plug in my N64. Kingdom Hearts is eating my brain so I haven't left my PS2 in ages.

Locked thread
Page 4 of 191