Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 11:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problems after installing TS2 M&G
Hi there. So few days ago I'm installing The Sims 2 base game from the disk, to my Windows 10 laptop. Everything is just fine, and I'm also able to patch them. After that I'm installing TS2 Seasons, and it install just fine. I was able to patch it and TS2 Updater says "The Sims 2 Seasons successfully updated". I was so happy, and played for a few hours in Riverblossom Hills. I also downloaded some default replacements for outfits, buy mode, and build mode.

Everything works fine until this morning. I decided to install Mansion and Garden Stuff Pack, because many CC and mods require that. Thing started to get confused. First problem is, when I clicked autorun.exe in the disk, it says "This app has been blocked by your administrators". I'm tried to run the .exe with XP SP2 compatibility and also run with administrators, it just didn't work. I google it up and found some people said that you must deactivate UAC from regedit.

After changing "EnableLUA" in regedit and rebooting the laptop, now I'm able to run autorun.exe. After install process complete, it says "The setup will update the game" (or something similar like that). Then TS2 Updater comes up and it says "Please insert The Sims 2 DVD". After inserted the disc i clicked on OK then TS2 Updater run for a few seconds, then it just disappear. Then comes up a dialog that says "The update did not complete successfully, the setup will be aborted". Then the setup uninstalling TS2 M&G.

I'm confused with that, then I'll uninstalled all TS2 + EP. Also doing registry clean. Then reinstall TS2 base game and Seasons (again it works like charm). This afternoon I tried to install M&G. For some reason, it would pass TS2 Updater, but stuck in little dialog that says "Please Wait". I'm waiting for about 15 minutes, but nothing happens. Checking task manager, yeah, the dialog just eat 5 mb ram and it seems like idle.

So I'm just give up and click the "End task" button at Task Manager. After that I'm launching TS2 Launcher, it just messed up. When I click play, nothing happens, and the app seems to be unstable. So I tried to launch Sims2EP9.exe and it works! But... after it loaded to main menu, it says "You just uninstalled Seasons. blablabla" (I dont remember the exact word), it tells you that u just uninstalled Seasons, and all neigborhood containing Seasons element will be deleted. I click continue, then I loaded Pleasantview. Yeah, I cannot change the Seasons settings, and no seasons item. When I look into Program files, there is still The Sims 2 Seasons folder and also everything seems to be fine.

Please help me guys, I'm kinda very confused with this situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 1:29 PM
It's a common problem with earlier patches crashing. I recommend completely uninstalling the game and removing all references of it from your PC before trying to install again.
To successfully install the game, packs and the patches from CDs, you'll need a program called GrumpyLoader, to stop earlier patches from crashing (I believe the affected ones are base game, University and Nightlife, but you can use it for any patch that doesn't give you the "Sims 2 has updated successfully" message), as well as The Sims 2 patches, found here.

First install the base game, then install the patch for it from the link above, using GrumpyLoader. Then install packs, preferably in release order to keep it simple. Make sure that you patch every pack (if an update is available) before installing the next pack. That way packs won't try to update each other and the installation will be smoother.

After you're done, apply the common fixes, like 4GB Patch and Graphics Rules Maker, to Sims2EP9 (Mansion & Garden) Stuff, and the game will hopefully work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 6:21 AM Last edited by Disil07 : 14th Jan 2021 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Added some description
So i installed TS2 + Seasons. Everything fine, with grumpy loader. But after restarting the laptop, there is a dialog box from TS2 says "please insert disk number 1". It is so creepy because that dialog show up when I just rebooting, even though I still didn't open anything.

Edit: I tried to install it again, but it seems when I patch TS2 Seasons using grumpyloader, I think its fail. The setup says "error during installation"
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 7:20 PM
Have you modified/added any files in Seasons installation folder? The patch might fail if there are any files in there that are not part of the clean installation (a noCD .exe, for example). Also, make sure that you pick the CD patch for Seasons on the patches page, not Digital (Origin).