Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Horse Drawn Neighborhood Vehicles

by hexameter Posted 10th Feb 2008 at 11:42 PM - Updated 24th May 2009 at 12:37 PM by hexameter : Added new options

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 3:15 PM
how do i replace vehicles
Forum Resident
#27 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 3:45 PM
marry me! best-mod-ever! thank you very much!!
modman, just put these files in your downloads folder and you're done.
Alchemist
#28 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 5:17 PM
This is so sweet and charming! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 12:13 AM
This is so cool. Thank you. Now my sims will look more
"normal" driving all of your vehicles. The sleighs in winter and the wagons in summer spring and fall. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hexameter
Thanks for all these nice comments!

Please, be careful and test first if these work for you! And think of the fact that these are vehicles only appearing in neighborhood view. To have replacements of the NPC-vehicles I need some more time.

hexameter

Yes, they should replace all vehicles but I'm not sure whether for example the bus shows in the last expansions. Unfortunately it's the same as with changing the roads: Ether you have the effect in all neighborhoods or in none of them.

It's not working in University. I made up a passle of kids to stick in a dorm and the first one arrived as usual with Mommy in tow...then teh cab got stuck...had to force an error to get the kid out...tried 3 times and same scenario each time. Tried with a seond passle of kids. Same thing. First one fine, second stuck. And it's the yellow cab. Other than that, it's working in my main neighborhood and both downtown and the business district. Havent' gone to vacationland yet to see if it's working there. (Wow, those little buggies and wagons zoop around like atomic powered horses on hte neighborhood screen!)
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 7:22 AM
This is the best neighborhood and the one all of us wanted so very much to have.
Hexameter, Thank You I appreciate this so very much and I can now create the true Victorian hood that I dreamed of.
Thanks for creating and sharing.
Alchemist
#32 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hexameter
these are vehicles only appearing in neighborhood view. To have replacements of the NPC-vehicles I need some more time.

Ahh, that explains it. I misunderstood and was wondering why my Victorians were still pulling up in modern vehicles.

It's still a great idea, and I'll be happy to have the NPC vehicle replacements when you (or someone else) get them working.

Thanks again.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 12:10 AM
wow, great mod! Thank you for your effort!
Have you more on mind? Spacy vehicles maybe for the sci-fi neighborhoods. Or invisible recolors? There's way too much traffic in my deserts.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 6:44 AM
Thats perfect!

In combination with Stev84's Country Roads you can have a perfect western or victorian neighborhood

Thank you for sharing
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 11:33 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 14th Apr 2008 at 8:40 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
This is really awesome! Thanks for all your hard work!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:48 AM
Oooh, almost missed this. Thank you! Awesome mod, much needed. And take your time with the other vehicles, if you succeed with that, it would be another dream come through.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:36 AM
Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 12:58 AM
Thank you thank you thank you!!! This download is much appreciated! Please keep up the great work!

- on a side note, will the closed coach be available for download? Again, many MANY thanks!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 7:26 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 14th Apr 2008 at 8:40 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
THAT is so AWESOME!! I've been wanting something like this for a long time!! And even though there other downloads like this, as in replacing neighborhood things like the roads, I only wish someone could find a way that you could specify the neighborhood you want it in . . . *wink wink*
Theorist
#40 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 4:20 AM
This is quite wonderful for my period neighbourhoods! And the no vehicles option is perfect for my spacey ones.
Scholar
#41 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 4:16 AM
Really Cool Idea! This NeighborHood Will Look Quite Pioneer! Thanks for All Your Neat Creations! The Game Remains Enjoyable Because of Creators Like You!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 8:17 AM
Fantastic work, thanks so much for this!!
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 9:52 AM
Thanks again for the invisible traffic! That's perfect for my deserts!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#44 Old 3rd May 2008 at 8:50 AM
Just wanted to let you know, I have this working in an AnyGame set up (OFB+SSN+FT) that does NOT include NL and it still works.

Is there any way of making these horsies slow down a bit? I know Echo and rebecah vaguely know how to change the animation speed of an object, perhaps the procedure is similar?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th May 2008 at 2:34 AM
Default Thanks for feedback
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Just wanted to let you know, I have this working in an AnyGame set up (OFB+SSN+FT) that does NOT include NL and it still works.

Is there any way of making these horsies slow down a bit? I know Echo and rebecah vaguely know how to change the animation speed of an object, perhaps the procedure is similar?

Thank you for this feedback, Phaenoh.
Concerning the animation speed I think there is a difference between these objects and the normal cars. I couldn't find any animation for them when I gathered the resources for these packages. And it must be coded already in the basegame version. I think the speed and movement is set up in a different way as the neighbourhood terrains come from SimCity.
hexameter
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#46 Old 4th May 2008 at 3:06 AM
hmm, thats interesting. Well, at any rate, these are still better than cars in my medieval hood. If I ever run into anything that might help with slowing them down I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks so much for making them!
Forum Resident
#47 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 4:00 AM
Very Cool Finally Someone Did This!
Wow I can hardly waite to start my game! Cool Fun! Thank you!

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 6:36 AM
I love this, I just have one question. Are the horses animated?
Test Subject
#49 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 4:50 AM
Thank you so much. I have wanted this for soooo long. Great job!
Mad Poster
#50 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 5:12 PM
I just camd across this!! I can't believe you made this AWESOME mod! And even more perfect, the completely empty road one! That's the one for my medieval n'hood! Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks....forever!!! :D
Page 2 of 4