Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated 10-22: Creative/special recolors for Numenor's wall-window set

by Fat D Posted 30th Jun 2005 at 2:50 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2005 at 4:04 PM by Fat D

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Fat D : 16th Jul 2005 at 7:15 PM.
Update
updated the prison set - columns for 2 great prison wallpapers, the grey one and a creamy version of the white on (by me). because the catalog is starting to get full, i've prepared a second version: the bars just appear on the standard version, while the wallpapers are seamless only. you could use theme for a hidden exit, too. As columns, they can also support glass roofs for decks (the blue part in the picture is not caused by my object recolor, just a graphical glitch).

I'm using .rar for this file because of its size, i'm sure you find a way to unpack it.

Prison Set 1 appears on both windows and is for users of just one wall-window set
Prison Set 2 - the bars are standard only while the brick walls are seamless only. This is for those who have both wall-window sets

using both prison sets simultaneously will cause incompatibility, this won't harm your game, the worst thing that could happen would be the recolors appearing on the wrong set.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  prisonset1.rar (83.4 KB, 612 downloads)
File Type: rar  prisonset2.rar (83.2 KB, 555 downloads)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 4:43 PM
I think people CANNOT read, ad there is the same number of downloaders for both prison sets. i DO think they are from the same people.
Scholar
#28 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:34 AM
Oh! I like your Prison Set, Fat D! They look great.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 11:40 AM
Thanks ^^. I'm planning to do 4 more recolors, but I don't know what is still left to do. any suggestions? (i can't do mirror, so don't try do make me do that).
Scholar
#30 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 2:56 PM
Hm. Not sure. Ever try to make make with glare like tint like rom the sun? Not sure if that considered Mirror or not. If so, then forget it -l- Well.. How about Green Windows walls that can be used for Green houses?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 3:22 PM
perhaps 2 for horizontal bars. Could you give me images of what you are looking for?
Scholar
#32 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Rythela : 18th Jul 2005 at 3:41 PM.
I can go look and see what I mean. Just usually like Light Tints, like the sun is beaming off of the windows

Okay. Here's one. Not great as I said.

Here's this one, the upper window with a glint light I think

This one gives more of a Glint into it. But I dunno. As I said, it was idea. Nothing more
http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~cosley...ws-are-hard.JPG
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:18 PM
so simply a clear window that reflect light? The others are more mirror-like, so we would need new meshes I think.
Scholar
#34 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 12:31 AM
Oh. I didn't mean any Mirror like, I just mean more that reflect the light.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 6:51 AM
the 3rd is VERY mirror-like ^^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 8:20 AM
sorry, no luck.
Instructor
#37 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
UPDATE
Created floor tiles for Cyan, Magenta and Yellow.

Fat D,

I have a concern; RGiles said that his glass floors will crash HomeCrafter Plus if they are not removed before launching the program. Is this still a factor, or do we continue to remove them before using HCP? I would love to use these - I am afraid I will forget to take them out, as I use HCP a lot.

Also, about the red/magenta set that another poster requested, I think they were hoping for a set that was more 'fire engine red' than 'true red' color of magenta which looks more ruby red/pink. I would like the same, if that is possible.

Thank you for a beautiful job. I had asked ages ago for a half-wall at the Maxis suggestion forum, especially for use to hide the backs of kitchen counters as in your picture. The half-walls I saw in Nightlife looked more like shallow counter tops, I really didn't see the ones everyone else is talking about. I'll bet they aren't as elegant as your glass walls. Will we not be able to use your half-walls anymore if we decide to upgrade to NL?

I truly appreciate everyone's effort in these brillliant offerings - Thank you.

HeartDeco
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 11:19 AM Last edited by Fat D : 19th Jul 2005 at 11:22 AM.
It crashes only when cloning. no danger ehrn starting.

So you're asking for a totally red window?
RGiles made a floor that was red, but a little milky. numenor ported it bud removed it, I brought it back. but I could do fire engine red. I will then also create green, OK?

About the half walls:
I just meant the NL halfwalls are going to be better than mine, so they become useless after the release. But I'm currently trying to create better halfwalls (no space to the counter, better clickable area).
Instructor
#39 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rythela
Hm. Not sure. Ever try to make make with glare like tint like rom the sun? Not sure if that considered Mirror or not. If so, then forget it -l- Well.. How about Green Windows walls that can be used for Green houses?

You mean more like sparkle glints of a really clean window?...like a diamond under light, rather than just a reflection of the sky? I wonder if this wouldn't require some kind of animated effect. It may only be possible by creating this illusion with a type of 'shadowing' effect that would take away the shiny glass quality, making it more opaque rather than the addition of light-reflective sparkle. You would have the effect of glass on a cloudy day, more like the second picture in your post of the upper windows of that house.

Just a random thought,

HeartDeco
Instructor
#40 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 11:48 AM Last edited by HeartDeco : 19th Jul 2005 at 12:14 PM. Reason: clarification
It crashes only when cloning. no danger ehrn starting.

So you're asking for a totally red window?
...but I could do fire engine red. I will then also create green, OK?

About the half walls:
I just meant the NL halfwalls are going to be better than mine, so they become useless after the release. But I'm currently trying to create better halfwalls (no space to the counter, better clickable area).

Yes, a red-red would be lovely and an emerald(?) green - is this what you were thinking? Though I like the fun bright 'pure' colors, I tend to lean in terms towards gemstone colors.

The only other colors I can think of would be a deeper, more amber yellow/orange and a 'royal' purple, but definitely not a Barney purple - more blue undertones than the magenta. Have you ever been to shop at 'The Container Store'? Have you seen their 'Lookers' nested cubes? They are decorative, transparent and in a multitude of colors, from tiny pill box boxes on up to desk or small canister size. They have a very pretty assortment of rich colors and available to view on-line here. The green in the picture is the lighter green in their open stock collection, they have a darker emerald green as well.
The orange shown is nice, too and a lot of people do like orange.

I hope this helps,

HeartDeco
Attached Images

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 11:48 AM
wrong. The TXMT files allow dynamic reflection of lights sometimes. however, my recolor wasn't affected.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 11:53 AM
the purple should be easy to do with 0.5,0,1. I'll try it when I'm finished with my current project.
Instructor
#43 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 12:37 PM
the purple should be easy to do with 0.5,0,1. I'll try it when I'm finished with my current project.

That would be fantastic. So you saw my picture above? I was editing my post to add the bit about orange, when you answered back. Thank you for the answer on HCP, that's a relief.

I am glad to know about the reflective dynamics - obviously I'm not in this creative league. ~chuckle~ Frankly, I like the glass the way you have it; I don't care whether it reflects sunlight or casts shadows or whatever else may bother some. I know as a CG creator, that would concern the experts, but typical folks are happy to see such amazing things as they still seem very realistic in game.

Thanks again,

HeartDeco
Scholar
#44 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 2:29 PM
^.^;; I was only giving Suggests that may or may not work. It depends on what Fat D what to do :P
Instructor
#45 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rythela
^.^;; I was only giving Suggests that may or may not work. It depends on what Fat D what to do :P

Oh, Rythela...I am sorry...I didn't mean you personally, I know you were only responding to Fat D's request for suggestions. I just meant some people on the average are not satisfied after all the work is done and presented as a gift. You know what I mean?

I sit here in utter amazement at the wonderous creations these people produce in such a short period of time - like Chef Emeril Lagasse says - "BAM"! I have about 15,000 items in my downloads folder, because there are too many marvelous things to find for the game. I am a download junkie!

HeartDeco
Scholar
#46 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 7:46 PM
Ah. I know what you mean, HeartDeco and it's all right. I have about 20 downloads of Items/Meshes. I am utterly amazemented by this. I do the recolors for Mickyss's Animals which gives him time to do his work on his other models. I don't know how people are able to work the 3D-Programs lol!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 9:32 PM
UPDATE
Updated Half-Walls. as they use their own mesh now, they have been moved to http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=78168
http://dev4.modthesims2.com/attachm...achmentid=94201
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 6:16 PM
great additions

thank you
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 2:11 PM
I made 4 recolors by request from HeartDeco, as I haven't found time to create mtching floors and to test them, this is no official update.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  tintsforheartdeco.rar (4.1 KB, 48 downloads)
Instructor
#50 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 2:44 PM
I made 4 recolors by request from HeartDeco, as I haven't found time to create mtching floors and to test them, this is no official update.

OooHhh, Thank you, Thank you, Fat D. I have been ill and so I just now found this post - I am so sorry for not responding sooner with appreciation for your hard work. This is a truly wonderful treat for me right now and I thank you so very much for this gift. ~Hugging You~

HeartDeco
Page 2 of 3