Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted:*UPDATED* New Mesh - Gothgurl

by aardvarkams Posted 28th Feb 2005 at 7:30 PM - Updated 6th Mar 2005 at 5:52 PM by aardvarkams : Update

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 9:31 AM
well here is the best one i got...
yeah..i spent all day messin around and ended up with this...I then tryed to use the texture from these boots on the nude version you made but the mapping was way different.. :confused:
Field Researcher
#52 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 10:28 AM
I don't know why but I get a problem with this mesh (see attachment).
The foot seem to pop out from the boots
I don't have this problem if I choose the same mesh in formal dresses tho.
Nobody knows why?
#53 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 5:22 PM
Your work is Marvel I cant understand why you think it is bad
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimplyStella
I don't know why but I get a problem with this mesh (see attachment).
The foot seem to pop out from the boots
I don't have this problem if I choose the same mesh in formal dresses tho.
Nobody knows why?

you are using the older version of the mesh. It has been re-mapped and that is why it does this. I think you can fix it by altering the alpha texture a bit....
Instructor
#55 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 11:20 PM Last edited by JosephTheSim2k5 : 3rd Apr 2005 at 11:32 PM.
Default Gothic Lolita Texture By Moi
just wanted to post my mesh on aardvarkams lastest mesh as i loved it thanx xxxxxxxx

PS... the hair mesh is by saracentner and can be found at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...&highlight=hair i recoloured the texture slightly though xxxx enjoy xxxx
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gothic Lolita Dress.rar (3.93 MB, 327 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Aner-Dyfan : 4th Apr 2005 at 12:29 AM.
SimplyStella that is my fault sorry. I forgot (well didn't bother) to update the skin for the new mapping. In fact I'll go do it now. I wasn't sure if it was working or not.

Added:
The new skin, it's now ready for the new mesh and mapping. I've named it the same so it will over-write the other version.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  7ff91b89_layers.zip (188.6 KB, 266 downloads)

Go to www.iceows.com download the 1meg packet extractor, install. Now stop complaining about *.rar files!!!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 10:52 AM
aw no problem that's ok
I thought it was a problem of my game :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 10:54 PM
Default Sooooooooooo Sorry Everyone!!!
SimplyStella/MorbidJunkie et al SOOOOOOOOOO SORRRRRRRRY!!!!!!
Please re-read my initial post - there are 2 versions of this mesh - the first is with the original boots (which are crappy beyond belief, and the texture mapping defies any logic), and the second - the New Gothgurl Mesh has re-mapped boots - it's changed a little on the textures and alpha, so if you want to use the second one it will require some alteration of any skins done for the first (just cut and paste from mine and it should be relatively easy ...?) - however, it should be better ... sorry guys, oh and the second one will over-write the first. If you just want the first one, re-download the first one and it'll go back to the original - hope this makes sense ... I'm so sorry everyone for the confusion - I promise I will try to release final releases as near as possible in the future ... sorry, but I am still learning myself, and you guys come up with some brilliant suggestions and I just wanna fix things - maybe with hind-sight I should have re-named the mesh - so sorry ... please forgive me, your skins are so kewl and gorgeous, and I'm sorry if I keep messing things up!
L+K's
Amy xxx

I'm afraid I shall be away, off-line for a while :( ... llunauk can hopefully get any messages to me if you pm her ... :)
Happy Simming All ;)
luv n hugz
Amy xxx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 10:56 PM
Oh ps please pm me if you're having a problem, and I'll do everything I can to help - sorry all ...
L+K's
Amy xxx
Field Researcher
#60 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 11:28 AM
hey no problem I didn't understand at all your first post
anyaways i've used this <wonderful> mesh to make a Drac In a Box dress, hope you'll like it

Instructor
#61 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 1:15 PM
SimplyStella, I love that skin, is it available for download?
Instructor
#62 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 1:50 PM
ack! yeah, it's beautiful!
Instructor
#63 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 12:14 PM
yeaaa... simplystella... thats wonderful... can you put it up for download? xxxxx
Field Researcher
#64 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 8:18 PM
sorry I had some problem with my host yesterday, i uploaded it today
Adult Version
Teen Version
Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:37 AM Last edited by Bailey : 9th Apr 2005 at 5:54 AM.
Hey, I was just about to start a request thread asking about "gothic lolita" meshes, but these seem to be halfway there already... very cool.

In case anybody here doesn't know, "gothic lolita" is a term used to describe a style of fashion in japan that is styled after children's victorian mourning clothing. The look has crossed over to inform a lot of generally gothy and punk clothing in the west, but in Japan it's more about dress-up than rebellion, and some of it is really elaborate and very out-of-the-ordinary.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw in a few reference images into this thread, in case anyone's interested in the style. The one of the girl with the parasol I'm including mostly for the shape; I think that's the most common shape for gothic lolita dresses and jumpers, with the wide, midlength skirt and narrow top. Needless to say, I'll be elated if anyone makes any of these. : )
Screenshots
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 6:05 AM
Rock ON! Gothic Lolitas is da shiznit!
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 4:28 PM
uh... couldn't have said it better myself? : )
Instructor
#68 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 1:07 AM
ooo.. i want that first dress for myself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by steamed-pepsi
ooo.. i want that first dress for myself.

I know what ya mean hun ... :bump:
Thanks to Bailey's wonderful pics I'm working on a version :smash: ... almost as we speak - except of course I'm not, I'm posting here lol!
Hopefully soon - luv the pix, thanx Bailey!
L+k's
Amy xxx

I'm afraid I shall be away, off-line for a while :( ... llunauk can hopefully get any messages to me if you pm her ... :)
Happy Simming All ;)
luv n hugz
Amy xxx
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 1:36 AM
Perfect for my Goth Sims, who up until now have had little to wear. Great job, everybody!
Test Subject
#71 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 1:51 AM
Love the mesh! I may try working on a gothic lolita type skin for it as soon as my photoshop decides to work again. Great job!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:16 PM
My Gothgurl
heres my re-skinning of this excellent mesh
Attached files:
File Type: rar  GothGurl01.rar (128.4 KB, 199 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bailey
Hey, I was just about to start a request thread asking about "gothic lolita" meshes, but these seem to be halfway there already... very cool.

In case anybody here doesn't know, "gothic lolita" is a term used to describe a style of fashion in japan that is styled after children's victorian mourning clothing. The look has crossed over to inform a lot of generally gothy and punk clothing in the west, but in Japan it's more about dress-up than rebellion, and some of it is really elaborate and very out-of-the-ordinary.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw in a few reference images into this thread, in case anyone's interested in the style. The one of the girl with the parasol I'm including mostly for the shape; I think that's the most common shape for gothic lolita dresses and jumpers, with the wide, midlength skirt and narrow top. Needless to say, I'll be elated if anyone makes any of these. : )

I've created something similar and posted to adult clothing section today.Here's a pic:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:51 AM
This works great for me. Bailey, I would love that dress in the last pic. Ciome to think of it, I would love to look like that... And these dresses are all really great!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 3:12 PM
This is one of the best meshes ever!! I absolutly adore this I wish I could wear this mesh in rl!! Beatiful recolors here to! Excellent job everyone
Page 3 of 4